DirectX Function Error (Nvidia) - Are you actually serious EA? ( 28.03.17 - 21:34 CEST )

Comments

• IsmaelZ
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Another weekend without updates lol.....
  • Xuphorian
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    https://www.change.org/p/ea-games-fix-the-directx-function-error-for-battlefield-1-still-no-fix

Over 130 Supporters now, well done for all of you getting us over 100!

<3
  • StarscreamUK
    7239 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    you think they are going to take notice of 130 names on a 3rd party site, when there is this thread with 1000's of views..

I'm really sorry, but I honestly don't think people going to change.org is going to make a blind bit of difference.

it's already been posted that the team is aware by Sirland, so really until there is a further update, nothing is going to change, no matter how angry people get.

I will say again, please don't post profanity in this thread, it will NOT aid it in anyway shape or form, and if I'm having to censor it in here, it means other threads are slipping past.
  • MugZitch
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @StarscreamUK You gott be with us man that this is so frustrating, haven't been able to play the good maps for weeks now. Just wanna play this game. And if thise occured in the alpha why did the game got released in the first place if this issue was already known and not fixed in the alpha. I am not saying we should get like a discount or some money bagg. But some funny dogtag, which is exclusive for people that had this issue that would be great.
  • StarscreamUK
    7239 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I wish someone would ask the gpu manufacturers the same thing, they released "new" drivers for the game (mind you microsoft keep installing some ninja updates too) and yet the blame is being thrown at dice (yes I know this is because its the only game for some doing this), but other games are doing it to. Arma 3 has done it, Titanfall 2 has, (this issue has been occuring in other none EA games for some time too)

Yes it's frustrating, but the fact a 2 year old driver allows people to play it (albeit with some other issues, which due to the age is expected) has my own thinking going down the route of driver, OR a change to the wddm (this part of windows is ONLY changeable by microsoft and is responsible for among other things, restarting graphics drivers, and has in the past when it has been changed by microsoft rendered games unrunnable on newer drivers) I'm not saying this is the case here, but I've reached out and received no answers, so I cannot give any answers to you guys.

Despite that, I still have a job to do on here, so please, don't make it harder on me, because I really don't want to have to action people in this thread.
  • SEALPanda
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    AMD released a new driver, 16.11.3. BF1 DX issue isn't listed on "Known Issues". I'll give it a try, hope it'll work.
  • RedRiveRR_
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I wish someone would ask the gpu manufacturers the same thing, they released "new" drivers for the game (mind you microsoft keep installing some ninja updates too) and yet the blame is being thrown at dice (yes I know this is because its the only game for some doing this), but other games are doing it to. Arma 3 has done it, Titanfall 2 has, (this issue has been occuring in other none EA games for some time too)

Yes it's frustrating, but the fact a 2 year old driver allows people to play it (albeit with some other issues, which due to the age is expected) has my own thinking going down the route of driver, OR a change to the wddm (this part of windows is ONLY changeable by microsoft and is responsible for among other things, restarting graphics drivers, and has in the past when it has been changed by microsoft rendered games unrunnable on newer drivers) I'm not saying this is the case here, but I've reached out and received no answers, so I cannot give any answers to you guys.

Despite that, I still have a job to do on here, so please, don't make it harder on me, because I really don't want to have to action people in this thread.

We really appreciate you trying your best.
    Your point could be true, but yet again, we are desperate for Informations from either side as they are the ones who can confirm anything.

And I have to agree. Dont start posting profanity or anything else unrelated to this thread. Lets keep this polite and somewhat professional.

Thanks.
  • drunkmonk74
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2016
    you think they are going to take notice of 130 names on a 3rd party site, when there is this thread with 1000's of views..

I'm really sorry, but I honestly don't think people going to change.org is going to make a blind bit of difference.

it's already been posted that the team is aware by Sirland, so really until there is a further update, nothing is going to change, no matter how angry people get.

I will say again, please don't post profanity in this thread, it will NOT aid it in anyway shape or form, and if I'm having to censor it in here, it means other threads are slipping past.

Gotta say, I agree with there being no need to swear, apart from just being plain rude, there are more grown up ways to express yourself. That's about all I agree with in this post.
    • Moderators have got to stop coming onto threads like this and telling people that they cannot post on some social media site or encourage others to do so. That's plain wrong. It is everyone's RIGHT, who's bought the game and who's having issues. to complain however they see fit, here or on social media. There are loads of posts about people not getting a response from EA support, so if EA/Dice aren't listening to individuals, we have no other choice but to collectively make ourselves heard. I know BF1 is based on WWI, but please stop acting like we're still living under certain regimes from the time!!
    • BF3. BF4 and now BF1 have ALL launched with some horrible problems for ALOT of gamers customers. Some are on here complaining, (look at the sheer volume of replies and views to get an idea), and yet weeks after launch there has not been a single official word about when this issue is going to be fixed, (and simply stating "we're working on it" doesn't cut it I'm afraid). EA have used up all the good grace they could reasonably afford launching three consecutive titles, (well 5 if you include BFH and MOHW) in such unplayable conditions for thousands of people who've continued to plough hard earned money into EA's pockets in the hope that they've learnt their lesson. Sadly we're all idiots for thinking such a miracle was possible. But in our defence, Christmas is just around the corner so it's the time to start believing in miracles!!
    • If you want the full BF1 experience then you would have paid over 100 pounds/dollars/yen/another currency, for the privelege. This is not an insignificant amount for many people. And why? Because EA and/or Dice have made additional maps/content a paid extra (apart from the occasional free map). EA/Dice are now starting to set a standard for their titles. Want to experience everything the game has to offer? Well you're gonna have to pay over 100 notes for that right. If you drive up the price, you also drive up people's expectations. Name another title that you pay over 100 of your hard earned currency for the full experience? Now compare the experience in that title to what thousands are experiencing in BF1and past EA/Dice titles!!
    • So please get some perspective and don't inflame the situation with such remarks or posts threatening to ban/delete comments simply cause people are fed up with receiving a broken product. It would be a far more valuable exercise to maybe spend your time speaking/communicating with EA/Dice and getting some useful *chuckle* feedback. Luckily we live in a world where free speech is allowed, (well for the most part), so expect people to use the rights and tools at their disposal if they are continually let down.

The ONLY reason EA/Dice do not want people posting on social media is because they do not want the bad publicity. That's it. Full Stop. The End. But if that's what it takes to make ourselves heard, then EA/Dice/Moderators do not have the right to stop people doing it, or encouraging others to contibute. So I say, if you are having issues, if the game is unplayable for you, if you are having continual crashes, join the change.org petition, post on Twitter and Facebook, make YouTube videos about it, in short make a damn loud noise, cause it is the only thing that seems to make a difference!
  • PRAETORIANN-GR
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hey everyone.

The Dev team continues to work with our partners regarding this issue.
    Unfortunately, I don't have any solid update at this time, but they have been working diligently with our partners to address the DX issue.

-Braddock512-

Thank you for the feedback.
    I hope you soon resolve it permanently.
  • johannesynt
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hey everyone.

Unfortunately, I don't have any solid update at this time, but they have been working diligently with our partners to address the DX issue.

-Braddock512-

Thanks!!
  • extridium
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    NFSEmre wrote: »
    AMD released a new driver, 16.11.3. BF1 DX issue isn't listed on "Known Issues". I'll give it a try, hope it'll work.

It is. Search on the guru3d. There is a link to the page on amd where there is a changelog as well. It is "only" a minor change with a new profile for another game (cfx profile, i pressume).
  • RedRiveRR_
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hey everyone.

-Braddock512-
    Hey everyone.

-Braddock512-

Pretty devastating, but thanks.
  • MeisterGigi
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    thanks, hope this true... just crashed again in mid of anoperation.... pfff
  • SEALPanda
    edited November 2016
    The new driver didn't work either, damn.
  • SEALPanda
    Is there an old driver that fixes the issue for AMD cards like NVIDIA's 334.89?
  • Raidyr
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hey everyone.

-Braddock512-

Thanks for the update, we just don't want to be forgotten.
  • TontonSpectre
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hey everyone.

The driver 334.89 its compatible to win 10 ?
  • extridium
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    NFSEmre wrote: »
    Is there an old driver that fixes the issue for AMD cards like NVIDIA's 334.89?

This discussion has been closed.