anyone with 50 + hrs play time bored of the game already?

Comments

• b4dr0b0t0
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    175 hrs, not bored yet... don't see that coming for a while. Definitely the game has it's flaws and bugs, but overall its a blast to play, never lacking in excitement for me.
  • ZombieP1ow
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game is still as fun as ever. Still giggling at all the crazy stuff going on. Still loving the maps.

I find it hard to switch off once I'm on a good team, and with a PTFO squad that sticks together.

60 hours in.

same here. I haven't laughed so much playing a video game in years, I'm at 60ish hours in, the worst k/d I've ever had, and I'm having a blast, some CQ, some TDM, then a few rounds of War Pigeons, some domination, and damn, I've been playing for 6 hours strait, and didn't realize. Haven't had fun like that since BFBC2.
  • firebanshee
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Very bored. You can only earn a medal once, you don't have to use a weapon to unlock customization, Battle pack system completely garbage leave rng to mmos and rpgs, no assignments to work towards. You unlock level 10 of any class in 1-2 days. Leveling is too fast, and there is no reward to leveling, it has no effect on the game it's just there providing nothing to game depth or play time. In bf4 I still haven't hit level 140 after over a year of playing. Everything is handed to you. You don't have to work for new tank kits or plane loadouts. More dumbed down that star wars (our tracers are the lasers). The behemoths, AT-ATs. Hero and elite pickups. Ohk snipers WITHOUT a headshot, lack of bullet drop. SWBF failed, why are they copying it so heavily (the lmgs were garbage there too).

this is why you go through life confused...about many things

Star Wars Battlefront was and is not a failure. By my own admission, it's a very shallow game with very little replay value. That may make it a failure in your mind, but selling video games is a business, not a community co-op. Star Wars was by any measurement, an EXTREMELY successful game. They made massive profits from the game and the sequel will undoubtedly be no different.

Why would EA want to put more money (i.e. content) into a game if they don't need to? Why would they even want to make a game that people we're happy to play for 3 years and beyond? Thats a stupid business model...why wouldn't they want you to be bored with a game in 6 months? How are they going to sell you another one if your still playing the last one?

If you think big corporations like EA have integrity, on any sort of level, you are truly naive. Sure, they'll TRY to give you quality and value in a video game, but if they can't for whatever reason, the copies still hit the shelf and it's still $60.
  • LordNighthawk4
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I still don't get what the obsession with "incentives" is. Why do you need an incentive to have fun? Do you need an incentive to eat dessert?

If you don't enjoy simply playing the game, then maybe you need to move on (and I don't mean that in an offensive way). If I stop having fun with a game, I switch it off and take break. Why would I deliberately subject myself to boredom or anger?

You are a customer, we are. If your priorities are different i don´t interrogate that, else you don´t have to ask others for their reasons as you have already proven multiple times in other topics that you simply ingore the answers as invalid for you.

Not understanding other peoples reasons does not makes your own priorities more valid.
  • GenTroy
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nope. Still having a great time.
  • IIIF0NTIII
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    80hours and I am not bored, I just can´t play it anymore, because its so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ noobriendly its not even funny. If played on a console I´d sell this piece of garbage. Back to BF4 and CSGO
  • -II-MaladiA-II-
    437 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    i am bored and i nerver was that bored of any other BF game before. This is still a beta masked release, a lot of good things from the other parts are gone.
    New ones in? no! The ones ingame are not working. They changed CQ, changed server rules. Now they are going to change hadcore? This is just hard to understand what happened here ... i can't manage it to spend more than 2h ingame, no content, no goal to reach something, this is amazing for a BF game! A lot of things are going wrong here ... sad to see that. I wait for the patch, maybe something will change but my hope for the best BF game ever is gone ... i don't get why everything must be changed or new ... the result is a halfbaked BF with so many potential and a lot of backsteps instead of improve good things from other parts.
  • BrowneManStrikes
    1046 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I still don't get what the obsession with "incentives" is. Why do you need an incentive to have fun? Do you need an incentive to eat dessert?

If you don't enjoy simply playing the game, then maybe you need to move on (and I don't mean that in an offensive way). If I stop having fun with a game, I switch it off and take break. Why would I deliberately subject myself to boredom or anger?

You are a customer, we are. If your priorities are different i don´t interrogate that, else you don´t have to ask others for their reasons as you have already proven multiple times in other topics that you simply ingore the answers as invalid for you.

Not understanding other peoples reasons does not makes your own priorities more valid.

I'm not saying that progression isn't engaging, but if it's the only thing you play a game for...
  • CarnivalLaw
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nope.
  • MadNeedHelp
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nope! Battlefield is life. Get a good squad to play and never break over 4 hours straight.
  • Decado_Killer
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    very addictive game for me already but I wish we had more gun choice's for each class and a few more maps.
  • TacoBellsGravy
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    40 hours and bored, at least it was 38 hours more than SWBF
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    156 hours and having a blast. It´s easymode and K/D is going up XD
  • G-Gnu
    1527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Game is boring as hell, to much crap in this game. It´s amazing how they could fill this game with so much ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ even if it´s suppose to be a WW1 game.
  • LordNighthawk4
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm not saying that progression isn't engaging, but if it's the only thing you play a game for...

I already posted the reasons into another thread, so i don´t want to carry the whole wall of text here. Short version is that the less teamplay you experience in a multiplayer game the more "gimmicks, gadgets and other stuff" you require to keep a lot of people playing. When you have a bunch of friends or clan, mostly it´s ok, but if you are playing multiplayergames "on your own" then the experience of playing as a team is nearly missing and you search for hooks at other places.

I play multiplayer stuff since 1999 (and normal computer gaming since 1987), and i learned how to teamplay and others did too up to somewhen 2007 when the generations of players got mixed up and a lot more "solo-¯\_(ツ)_/¯" or people that simply had no idea how to multiplay joined the multiplayergames. I like the game, but i also - as a really old gamer - miss the teamplay experience all this progress, gimmicks and gadgets where a great addition to still keep me hooked.

I can´t force the people that play with me to REALLY teamplay with me, but i can find additional success in a game with all these tiny additions that reward me.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    I love the game, I really do. I love battlefield in general. One thing I've been struggling with and it's something that has been making me not want to play is teammates. I work late, people I play with aren't always on. I'm often playing alone (in a squad of course) but alone. Im not someone who thinks the scout class needs a nerf, I am annoyed by the class though. I get so tired of having half or more of my team laying on a rock somewhere sniping. I'm also tired of what seems to be a genuine lack of teamwork all together. The first week it seemed that it was at a peak high compared to recent years. Now if you aren't playing with people good luck.

This was a winded way of me saying I still enjoy the game very much, but only when playing with people. Randoms make it unbearable for me already.

**edit All you guys who say it needs more content. I officially agree with you on one class, assault is so boring to use and you basically has 3 weapons to choose from until you get it to 10. They work well, jus a dreadfully boring class to use in my opinion.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The weapons just don't strike me as interesting. It seems like they really went overboard with the weapon classes. As in, shotguns: instant blink of a eye kills, snipers: OHK's from across the map. Medic: instant revives. Support: Airburst camera assist Spam. Tanks: Totally OP AA: Totally OP , Planes, nerfed to hell. Losing team: gets a totally OP vehicle. etc etc.
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well I'm bored.

There are too little weapons, too little goals to work for, contrary to BF4, and too few memorable maps. The maps that are there are all pretty good though. Except Suez.
  • V2Face
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You are alone OP..The real thrill comes from class mastery and being proficient in different play styles.
  • toeknee724
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    80 hours, getting real bored. I still enjoy it, but mostly only when all my friends are on.