This Week in Battlefield V

DirectX Function Error (Nvidia) - Are you actually serious EA? ( 28.03.17 - 21:34 CEST )

Comments

• DemoFawks
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    L4DO wrote: »
    Ok guys, so i was crashing like a mopho and was already going to sacrifice 2 goats and before that i've read somewhere here that 375.76 hotfix solved the problem. I installed it 5 or 6 days ago and also by doing that i changed my screen settings to borderless and it worked, 4 days played flawlessly with a couple of bf1 has stopped working crashes. So 2 days ago i changed my screen to "full screen" and guess what happened. . . yup DirectX crash :D So i went back to borderless yesterday and again it worked. Dunno maybe it's just luck but hey maybe you should try it. GTX 660ti here.
    Here's 375.76 hotfix that i've used http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4250/~/geforce-hot-fix-driver-version-375.76

Oh and EA, Free Premium for all of us. Pls deliver :D

I am so tired of trying various fixes but I didn't try this one yet. Let's see if it helps.
  • swndR
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Reporting in!

Same issues here, though not as frequent as some people are having.

Specs:

i7 6700K @ 4.5Ghz (1.28v) - Air cooled with a Noctua NH-D15
    Asus Strix GTX 1070 OC Edition
    16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz LPX
    Asus Z170 Pro-Gaming/Aura
    Be Quiet 1000w Dark Power Pro PSU

Windows 7 Pro x64, full updated.
    Latest Nvidia drivers, experience removed.
    All performance options set to max in Windows and NCP.
    Custom GPU profile with a better fan curve than default.
    All typical audio drivers removed, I use a USB headset.

Girlfriend is using the exact same system but with differing SSD/HDD setup and she has had no issues at all.
  • DemoFawks
    Also, someone mentioned that when the crash happens, the clockrate slows down which should mean that the (nvidia) gpu goes to a lower p state. I am now trying if it helps when I force the p state so it cannot switch by itself.
  • DemoFawks
    Hi all,

We believe we have isolated a few of the DX issues in this thread and are working on fixes for those to be included in future patches.
    We continue to work with our partners to solve these problems.

Thanks for the feedback! I hope it won't take too long.
  • Morgarion
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Hi all,

We believe we have isolated a few of the DX issues in this thread and are working on fixes for those to be included in future patches.

So, no news for now

no fix for this weekend

no fix for this month

no fix this year

Nice work!!!!!! :)
  • TheNorthFIN
    765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Official replies are always a good thing. Just makes me sad that in BF1 after the launch, we've had to wait frustrating amount of time for official replies. This breeds speculation and arguments in the forums.
  • StarscreamUK
    7286 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    The reason the beta was stable was that it didn't force you to update your drivers, using the latest drivers causes this problem with bf4 as well as bf1, all they need to do to fix the problem is remove the requirement that bf1 must have the latest nvidia drivers.

You can bypass the check but even then windows seems to force an update in the background
  • CaptainGunbeard
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi all,

Thanks for your update, it's appreciated.

Is there any possibility to push out these current fixes as a hotfix on Origin? I assume you have QA processes, but this kind of crash bug as you're no doubt well aware are stopping a lot of people of playing at all, unless they do the old driver workaround.
  • eule590000
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    The "solution" of using old drivers isn't working for me. I am really looking forward to play 5 to 10 minutes with my friends this weekend. In the end probably it will be just 3 minutes, but hey! At least I paid for it! I paid for every minute like 5 €. Seems legit tho. I mean robbing people and stuff, just oooooool' classy EA stuff.
  • IlcursonlI
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Glad to know fixes and patches are in the work.

A little scary to know that this error is caused by "multiple issues" with DX though, as that might make the fixing not work for everyone around. Is there any more info we can provide you to help in this process? I am sure you haven't read the whole 5K messages here, but if, as users, we can provide any detail (on top of settings and PC specs, which we have already done) that can help you devs tracking these issues down, we'd be more than glad to help.

We need a way to communicate better around those issues, maybe through https://www.bftracker.com/view.php?id=2559 and the related section to just offer specs, details, and feedback more clearly without it getting swamped in this thread?

Thanks for working on this, hopefully we'll see substantial improvements soon.
  • InGen10
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I sure hope there is a fix in the making and it will be released ASAP! paid €120 for something I can't even play right now.. I really wanted to like this game but this crash thingy just ruines the experience for now. I hope I will be able to enjoy it again when they fix this issue.
  • Agarthan11
    37 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Windowed mode only makes it crash less, still broken.
  • CHC-n0sferatu
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Only CTE 2.0 and DICE LA can fix this broken game
  • DemoFawks
    My fastest way to recreate the crash is to first play on Monte Grappa and then Empires Edge. I tried borderless now and it didn't crash trying to play those 2 maps in succession, YET. I highly doubt playing borderless is the "fix" but it seems to make the game crash less often.
  • dannyRJAY
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Day 2 of disabling HD sound in BIOS played 4 hours again last night with no crash although I did get 1 big freeze when a blimp went boom. Game froze for around 5 secs and looked like it was going to crash but didnt. I genuilely think its a sound issue and not GPU related.
  • Xuphorian
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    https://www.change.org/p/ea-games-fix-the-directx-function-error-for-battlefield-1-still-no-fix

*Update*
    Petition annoyed a moderator on the forum, means this problem is becoming frustrating for all staff involved in this little bug scenario. Glad we have had a DICE member give us some news no thanks to EA, The moderator however i feel shouldn't be getting involved if he isn't gonna give us any news.

Keep signing, its annoying people! :)

(Thats what petitions are supposed to do.....) :D

PS: Updated petition with the recent feedback from DICE by quoting there help, posted it on the petition.
  • SEALPanda
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Seems like logging in as admin to Windows is working for me. Try and see if it works for you guys.
  • Xuphorian
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    NFSEmre wrote: »
    Seems like logging in as admin to Windows is working for me. Try and see if it works for you guys.
    I am already the only user and the SYSTEM owner / admin so this wouldn't work for me ;)
  • Diligence_PT
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    DemoFawks wrote: »
    Also, someone mentioned that when the crash happens, the clockrate slows down which should mean that the (nvidia) gpu goes to a lower p state. I am now trying if it helps when I force the p state so it cannot switch by itself.

I stopped testing at the moment my GPU crashed 2 minutes into the game, from cold start. I'm waiting for the official solution. But here's a snapshot of my system seconds before the crash. The big drop is when the crash happens, no changes in the clock right before. From all the sensor data, I see no problems, I'm absolutely sure this is not a problem with my system.

IwEuLUl.png

Anyway, thanks to EA and Dice for the feedback, that's all I ever asked. I know this is not easy to fix.

This discussion has been closed.