DirectX Function Error (Nvidia) - Are you actually serious EA? ( 28.03.17 - 21:34 CEST )

Comments

• DemoFawks
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I stopped testing at the moment my GPU crashed 2 minutes into the game, from cold start. I'm waiting for the official solution. But here's a snapshot of my system seconds before the crash. The big drop is when the crash happens, no changes in the clock right before. From all the sensor data, I see no problems, I'm absolutely sure this is not a problem with my system.

IwEuLUl.png

Anyway, thanks to EA and Dice for the feedback, that's all I ever asked. I know this is not easy to fix.
    Thank you for the data. Forcing the p state doesn't change anything, as I expected.

• Xuphorian
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    My Experience with the GTX GeForce 770 4GB Reference Card from Nvidia.

-Running Windows 10
    -Latest Nvidia Drivers
    -Latest Origin Update
    -Latest Game Update (Obviously)

I find i can play for hours without crashing its just the odd day or scenario where it just ****.

E.G I can play in big environments with 64 players find but there may be a glitchy explosion which drops my fps to like 5 and then i can recover easy, HOWEVER it can sometimes not get better and crash.
    Saying this I feel its related to my ping and living in a building with a shared internet connection, this lags me at times to pings of 99+, slight rubber banding can lead to this happening.

How is Your internet connections? Is it related? Thanks.
  • Xuphorian
    Thanks to all of you who are describing the crash you are facing and suggesting to the other people here in the thread ways to fix it. Please always include if you are running DX11 or DX12.
    I had more crashes when using direct x11, i found switching to direct x12 helped me much more.
    GeForce GTX 770 4GB Reference (Windows 10) no overclock :)
  • SEALPanda
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Xuphorian wrote: »
    NFSEmre wrote: »
    Seems like logging in as admin to Windows is working for me. Try and see if it works for you guys.
    I am already the only user and the SYSTEM owner / admin so this wouldn't work for me ;)

Try creating a new admin user, maybe it'll work?
  • Xuphorian
    Seems like logging in as admin to Windows is working for me. Try and see if it works for you guys.
    I am already the only user and the SYSTEM owner / admin so this wouldn't work for me ;)

Try creating a new admin user, maybe it'll work?
    Maybe, i also have a take ownership command that I have used on the files, this command put's everything under your name on the PC, but still nothing D:
  • IlcursonlI
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks to all of you who are describing the crash you are facing and suggesting to the other people here in the thread ways to fix it. Please always include if you are running DX11 or DX12.

Running DX11 on my GTX770 2GB. Tried running DX12, but it's hard to get any consistent data as the game is barely playable when it's active. The FPS (normally hovering around 80-90 on Low/Med settings) when DX12 go down to the lower 40, with constant stuttering and dips that make the game almost "freeze". People seem to report though that DX12 seriously limit the number of crashes, for those people able to play with it.

I will give DX12 another try today, with the 375.76 HotFix drivers, since I haven't tried that yet after going through my "old drivers" quest to see if anything was stable.

Thanks for sticking to this thread @FancySquirrel it is much appreciated to see messages from Dev!
  • johannesynt
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    On GTX 680, never crash on Sinai, Suez, Argonne, Fao and Amiens. Only and always crash in the others 4 maps
  • IsmaelZ
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    IlcursonlI wrote: »

Running DX11 on my GTX770 2GB. Tried running DX12, but it's hard to get any consistent data as the game is barely playable when it's active. The FPS (normally hovering around 80-90 on Low/Med settings) when DX12 go down to the lower 40, with constant stuttering and dips that make the game almost "freeze". People seem to report though that DX12 seriously limit the number of crashes, for those people able to play with it.

Exactly same experience here with DX11 vs DX12. Crashes persist on both.

GTX 680 | Windows 10 | Latest video drivers

Can we opt in for a debug or a beta version of any sort of fix?
  • bossmissy
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    if your crashing this game is cpu intensive ,raise more volts or lower your overclocks . raise the gpu volts same as cpu check if your system is fully stable
  • StarscreamUK
    7272 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited November 2016
    https://www.change.org/p/ea-games-fix-the-directx-function-error-for-battlefield-1-still-no-fix

*Update*
    Petition annoyed a moderator on the forum, means this problem is becoming frustrating for all staff involved in this little bug scenario. Glad we have had a DICE member give us some news no thanks to EA, The moderator however i feel shouldn't be getting involved if he isn't gonna give us any news.

Keep signing, its annoying people! :)

(Thats what petitions are supposed to do.....) :D

PS: Updated petition with the recent feedback from DICE by quoting there help, posted it on the petition.

Petition doesn't bother me in the slightest. But if you think petition with a few names is going to carry more impact than this thread I would disagree. The petition hasn't made anyone suddenly decide to investigate. This has been going on since it was raised.
  • kingdaveontour
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Any idea on patch date? Am experiencing the same issues as everyone else...

i7 6800k
    GTX 770 2GB
    DX 11 - DX 12 greyed out.
    16GB RAM
    No overclocks
    Every driver and patch updated to latest. Fresh system build.

Crashes after 1 min in game with DX error or if i'm lucky, up to 1hr. Random length of time.
  • IlcursonlI
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    IsmaelZ wrote: »
    Exactly same experience here with DX11 vs DX12. Crashes persist on both.

As I mentioned before replying to @FancySquirrel, DX12 seems to solve the "crashing" problem for me as well as for others, but the stuttering and the FPS drops are so intense, it's impossible to actually and properly play when it's ON. Even when the frames display at 60 (I limit them to try limit the crashes) the image on the screen stutters, and the game feels choppy. In many parts of many maps, while I don't have drops with DX11, I also see very huge frame drops when using DX12. It's really even a worse experience than playing waiting for the next crash :P
  • Lsawesome
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Played the game for two weeks without any issue. Changed from fullscreen to no frame window and had no problems for some day. Since then: random crashes. Sometimes after minutes, sometimes after a hour. Playing on a MSI GS30 S2 with desktop GTX 980. Problems occured when using DX12 and without. Had some bad fps on no frame windows after a few days, switched back to fullscreen because of that and since then ... BF1 sucks randomly.
  • Huorensoan
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My Game crahes every 2 hours, 770 GTX 2 GB. Windows 7, 64 Bit. My system fulfills all conditions.

I will say something: EA says "put the DX12 off and update your grafic drivers" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This still not working and i don´t will change datas with a editor.

I stop to play this crap game since a week after realease - and it will be the last BF or EA game, which i will buy. I had really fun in this game, but this is situation is unaceptable. That's cheating.
  • Huorensoan
    bossmissy wrote: »
    if your crashing this game is cpu intensive ,raise more volts or lower your overclocks . raise the gpu volts same as cpu check if your system is fully stable

When i read this .. i want to cry. I have a intel i-7 4770 - and i never ever have problems with it. It runs on full mode, all cores are unparked. Why the hell, i should begin to play with volts?? In other games i still reach the 60 fps, without laggs. But for BF1, i have to be a geek?? Haha .. lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
  • Lsawesome
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Huorensoan wrote: »

I stop to play this crap game since a week after realease - and it will be the last BF or EA game, which i will buy. I had really fun in this game, but this is situation is unaceptable. That's cheating.

and thats a pretty stupid comment. didnt expect something different than this by someone named "**** son" with a bavarian accent.
  • Huorensoan

I can take you serious. Put " BF1 Directx" in google and you will get all the infos which you need. Weeks after release, still no fix for this. Booooooooooooohhhhhhhh boooohhhhhhhhhh, Dicew and EA waste my time and my money
  • bossmissy
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    you are a dhead check buddy run aida 64 realbench h.264 . do you understand i had bump some cpu volts . learn to pc first
    this game is cpu intensive you might not be stable cpu gpu

who cares about other games
  • TheNorthFIN
    765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The lack of information from DICE fast enough is a Trump size problem. Not only does it cause frustration to those who can't play properly, it causes people to lash at each other in the forums.
    Stay civil, stay cool. There are other games that work great. Hey, at least it's not BF4 launch right? Stay positive, the game will be great once it's fixed. Again.
    #neverpreorder
This discussion has been closed.