is anyone here 25 + years old?

Comments

• sawyermblack
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm 28.

I'm going to be the first person in this forum to say that after bf1 I might give overwatch a try. If I don't like it I'll be done gaming.

My mom was diagnosed with cancer and I haven't left the US even once. Me and my girlfriend want to live in a van and travel the US while saving for a Europe visit.

When my mom was diagnosed I thought maybe I should start working harder. I've never really done anything with my life up to now.

I play games while ignoring the world. I enjoy games but not nearly as much as I used to.

I didn't mean to contrast the spirit of this forum. Just giving my honest answer.

Now comes the flaming or attempts to edit my decision.
  • SCOTTISH21
    621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    30 years old.
  • tolivious
    165 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How would video game revenues rise if people with more income didn't keep playing?
  • MrAimBOTLovesU
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    31, with a clan. Wife hates it, but I'm a grown-**** man.
  • Siliku5
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    30, though i do admit work and relationships seriously eat into gaming time, i'm usually double/triple my current rank by this point of a BF game
  • skitan82
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    34. Didnt play so much few years ago, but now om in it again
  • RabNebula
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    There will be times where you have less time for games but I'm just in my 30's and still game. The stigma of adulthood is very different and outdated compared to how modern adulthood is. For myself, being an adult and "mature" is to not worry about what other people perceive "mature" as being and instead just focus on enjoying your life, being the best you that you can become and embrace all the things that have made you a little happy in life. So for me, accepting that I like to do a harmless thing like play some Battlefield because it exercises my mind and I feel sharper for it is a mature decision to play. Never give up play.

I walked away from games for a couple of years thinking along the lines you are with regard to age. I learned age is meaningless, just a number assigned to you but shows very little about who you are other than an era you grew up in. I kind of regretted giving up when I did because it provides so many shared memories with others, it's very social and is good for developing some areas of the mind (if you are playing the right types of games that aren't just designed to get you addicted to microtransactions like Candy Crush and things are). Embrace play, enjoy yourself and time with others, pick the ethically designed games and you'll be alright to have a good life elsewhere while enjoying some gaming like you have done so far. We all need a little escape and relief from time to time. That's why I came back to gaming.
    Post edited by RabNebula on
  • Jazatron
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    27 here. As you get older you might find that the priorities you have change but you still enjoy the same things. I didn't play games after I moved house for an entire year at 26 and started again when I saw a game I thought I would like (BF1 of course) come out.
  • uclaucla25
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm 42 years old, married, with 2 kids. I game whenever I can.

Like others have said, I grew up in the 80's and gaming was introduced in my generation.

I remember being 6 years old and saw commercials for the Atari 2600 when it first came out. My family didn't have much money and I remember thinking to myself, I would love this console but we can't afford it. Then, Christmas came around and I opened a large box that had the Atari in it. To this day, that will always be the best Christmas I ever had as I was completely taken off guard that my father had taken the time to save up money we didn't have to buy me the Atari 2600.

Fast forward to when I was 28-29 years old. I had a decent paying job and had a pretty good performing PC. I went to a GameStop with one of my friends who wanted to buy a game for his PS2. I asked the person working behind the counter, what is the best game he had for the PC? He said BF1942. Knowing that the PCs were able to process more, I bought the game out of curiosity and the rest is history.
  • Hawxxeye
    5178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Twenty nine years old here.
  • DadaShift
    120 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    42..child of the 80s..

Gamed it all
  • cvnoz
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    35 here you can never get to old for gameing :)
  • LilGitikus
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm 40, so's my husband, we have two kids who game a lot and another one on the way who will, no doubt, also be a gamer. :smiley:
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ill be 53 on the 15th and have been gaming my entire life. My first actual gaming computer was a Commadore Amiga I purchased after I got out of the service, it had a whopping 512k of ram and was an absolute beast graphics machine for its time. Take it from me, gaming has come along way.
  • FRSTDWNx
    334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    buddie11 wrote: »
    67 and been playing for 40+ years!!!

That is awesome.
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    45, been gaming since the zx spectrum days and prior to that we called them TV Games, pong etc.
    My dad is 76 and plays his Xbox every day.
  • Visegrip117
    1346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    31, with a clan. Wife hates it, but I'm a grown-**** man.

The wife never hated it, but she did use to pick at me in a fun way about how I was like a little boy still playing his video games. Sure she sees my games on tv in passing but never pays much attention to them, in her mind I'm playing simplistic games like Mario or donkey kong

One night I talked her into getting on my sons PS4 and playing a few BF4 with me. She was mind blown. Couldn't control the guy, was constantly staring straight up or straight down, would try to turn and do a 180 and be going the wrong way. Didn't kill a single person.

She asked me to teach her, so we went into an empty server. By the time I finished explaining classes and their roles and then moved into each classes gadgets and how to use them she was amazed. I told her we haven't even gotten into the jets choppers tanks or transportation vehicles and their weapons and roles.

I decided to just give her one class and explain that one and tell her just stick with me, so I gave her assault/ medic. Don't judge me, every one of you would want their own personal medic following them around :)

We practiced a bit and then went and played a few rounds, and had fun! From time to time she will hop on and play a few rounds with me now. But she has a whole lot more respect for my "video games" now
  • Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Blood_Wh1p wrote: »
    Ill be 53 on the 15th and have been gaming my entire life. My first actual gaming computer was a Commadore Amiga I purchased after I got out of the service, it had a whopping 512k of ram and was an absolute beast graphics machine for its time. Take it from me, gaming has come along way.

My Sinclair Spectrum 48k wishes it had 512k ;)
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sindari wrote: »
    Blood_Wh1p wrote: »

My Sinclair Spectrum 48k wishes it had 512k ;)
    ha ha ha I had a radio shack TRS 80 before the Amiga, Don't quote me, but I think it had 64k...lol.