Getting really tired of not spawning in until the game's started

2»

Comments

• remy1974
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    swin666 wrote: »
    I use an external SSD and it's much quicker. As has already been said I can be on the map choosing what vehicles I want before anyone else even sees the screen and I can be on my way to the first flag before everyone else. This shouldn't happen but it does. I'm no technology expert but I'm not even sure the Xbox one can cope with this game.

i use an external hd, 3.0, but i can't see anyone else's screen so wtf are you on about?

If I'm talking to people I'm playing with I can tell them or they can tell me what is going on. My game loads quicker than theirs, fact. That's WTF I'm on about.

so you can't see but you can talk through your ssd?

I spawn in and say I'm in a tank and the people I'm talking to say they haven't spawned in yet and are still on the loading screen. How hard is that to understand.

so how do you talk through your ssd? there's no headset plug

Ken M, is that you?

• ZyGViking2121
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Draven2711 wrote: »
    Getting an external hd is not a solution. Dice needs to fix this garbage. It is being sold as a working game, we expect it to work properly right?

Totally agree why should we spend more money you wouldn't buy a car with no engine an stick your feet through the floor pan an run an deem that acceptable (unless your name is flintstone)

Yeah, But you can buy a cheap car with 4 cylinder engine, and spend more for an 8 cylinder engine to drop down in it to give it more torque.

Or you can buy a 2.3 liter v4 Mustang for cheap just to say you have a mustang, but can just keep up with a stock Civic, or you can buy a 6.0 v8 Mustang and beat the living snot out of that stock Civic and they are both the same cars just 1's faster.

Get my point? Im a PC guy, but an HDD is going to be the problem, you can only load data from it at around 100mb/s at 5400rpm with high accesstimes somewhat faster on the 7200rpm where an SSD can load things at 400mb/s+ with vary low access times, you will load in faster on an SSD, their is nothing EA/Dice can do to really optimize it unless they make everyone in the entire round wait until the slowest person loads or ship everyone SSD's.

I don't think they sell Xbox's with SSD's so you would have to spend more money to make it faster, just like a car, if you want your car to go faster, well buy some parts to make it go faster. You don't blame a car manufacturer if your already cheap car can't go more than 100mph and wasn't designed for speed.

vmezuiharfb39c3zg.jpg
  • full951
    2367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No I have the original xbox one. And I shouldn't habe to buy an external hard drive for something my internal hard drive should be doing. This is a problem on ea's end

i use an external. and i load in first everytime. with three or four people. so no. it's not on EA's end.
  • full951
    2367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    Getting an external hd is not a solution. Dice needs to fix this garbage. It is being sold as a working game, we expect it to work properly right?

Totally agree why should we spend more money you wouldn't buy a car with no engine an stick your feet through the floor pan an run an deem that acceptable (unless your name is flintstone)

this isn't a car. you can't just plug in a second motor via a single wire and all of a suddenly have a hot rod. this is a console, that is giving you the option to upgrade. if you don't want to improve the performance, don't act like 5 year old tech can keep up. these here are modern times we live in. this current Gen was underpowered and outdated the day they were both released
    Post edited by full951 on
  • PixelCrisis
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah it's absolutely terrible. The worst is when you load in (at the very start of the game) yet the server doesn't let you spawn until after the other team has taken flags etc ... smh
  • Mr_Tinman08
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    i use an external. and i load in first everytime. with three or four people. so no. it's not on EA's end.

This is a genuine fact. I also do it with an external SSD. Cost me about £70 and I just run whatever game I'm playing from the SSD.
  • Jonboy1966
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'd like to try this. Is there a way to copy everything from the Xbone HDD to an SSD or will I have to re-download the game. Any recommendations on SSD brands?
  • Mr_Tinman08
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just got a cheap one to test it and bought a case to fit it in, takes two minutes. Once you plug it in the Xbox formats the drive and then you can just move games from the internal drive to the external drive, this can take a while as BF1 was over 45gb if I remember.
  • MarkFury67
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jonboy1966 wrote: »
    I'd like to try this. Is there a way to copy everything from the Xbone HDD to an SSD or will I have to re-download the game. Any recommendations on SSD brands?
    Jonboy1966 wrote: »

It's super-easy on the XB1. As soon as you plug-n-play it asks you if you want to move your games, your apps or both or if you want to choose them individually. If you just want BF1, go to "my games and apps", hover over BF1 and hit start, a menu will drop down and you can tell it to move the game. Takes a few minutes and you're good. You can then set it to send all your future games to the XD if you like.

For XHD, I think the Touros-S is very nice for 1TB and $60 For an SSD, Samsung, Seagate, Crucial, SanDisk all make good models
  • MarkFury67
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it's absolutely terrible. The worst is when you load in (at the very start of the game) yet the server doesn't let you spawn until after the other team has taken flags etc ... smh

People who posted without reading all the other posts in thread: This dude.
  • Jonboy1966
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I bought a Samsung 850 SSD and now I am first every time I spawn into a new match. External SSD has made playing MUCH more enjoyable.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MarkFury67 wrote: »
    You need to get an SSD or an external HD with 7200rpm and USB 3.0 capability. Put BF1 on and you will load in WAY faster and experience a lot less difficulty with the End of Round Menus.

It can be a $60 fix for a 1TB Touros S external HD on amazon.

I tested the differences over three days and my loads are 28 seconds faster on average. I almost always get the vehicle I want.

That Touro S is fantastic. I am glad that I picked it up.
  • Firstchild00
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    I have two Xbox Ones side by side, one is the standard one and the other is the One S and when both are playing BF1 at the same time, the loading times are inconsistent so I don't think it's a hardware issue. Also very often when loading into game, one of the kits would get a black screen with only the HUD and icons visible. It's as if all the lighting in the map didn't load at all. The only way to get rid of that for me is to reboot. Let's just say between me and my partner when we play BF1 together, we spend most of our time in loading screens or troubleshooting our way through the bugs we encounter. It is quite frustrating. Very often the game would end by the time we load into the game and then it's another round of loading screen for the next match. Overall, loading into and exiting out of matches is extremely slow. DICE, please improve performance on X1, try to make it less than 30 second and give options to customize load outs while we wait. Do these loading issues also occur on PS4 and PC too? Also my internet speed is 150Mbps so it's I highly doubt it's internet speed related. I hope you patch this DICE.
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    1750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds like uve been told how to fix this multiple times already. Good day
  • Pensacolaman
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks for the solutions to all who offered. Ordered my HGST Touro S 1TB 7200RPM High-Performance from Amazon and will have it tomorrow.
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    1750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Perfect