The big Easter egg hunt has started again - Discussion topic

Comments

• SoulDevourer313
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When I captain the Dreadnaut, it has the Dazzle. I have the Early Enlisters edition.
  • Jiraya83
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    When I captain the Dreadnaut, it has the Dazzle. I have the Early Enlisters edition.

I will try to see if when i enter as captain appear the dazzle camo, i just entered once and i didnt even pay attention about it :P I am a early Enlister Edition too
  • DaVolunteerArmy
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Jiraya83 wrote: »
    Anyone find headphones on BB?.. There is an extra wall on the 2nd story just above gate heading into C on CQ. Also if you get on balcony above that gate the walls don't line up properly. The same structure on the other balcony's are fine graphically. Thought possibly it was the rumored hidden room 40 or something that might be of importance. It is on the left hand side heading from D to C flag, you can blow holes in 2nd level except in that one area, and a wall is behind the wall that falls. You can blow wall on the other side's either .. This is on Xbox one if it matter. Good luck hope it helps, and apologies if reported earlier -DaVolunteerArmy

my guess , is that BB will not have any HP, will be the place that the EE will happens (maybe a room as you told)

It is a toss up for me. It isn't really hidden, and sticks out plain as day but does take some effort to find. Maybe key to enter is on outer lower level of C near out of bounds side. The archways resembling doorways aren't consistent, and the real room 40 was on 1st floor near NE corner I think. Either way it just seemed odd to have a room inside destruction and walls visibly not match at the same point. You can get up on room by climbing ladder near C where AA gun facing C flag on the ledge is. Jump into 2nd story square by roof and over corner of roof by small concrete post to the front of 2nd floor window. Then walk to top and over to the terrace above gate. Good luck searching. It's hard to find much more out as empty servers send players to you starting a round making it impossible to get much done.
  • KanjiklubJanitor
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So I tried my hand at getting some morse messages, I looked as quickly as I could for the headphones but often couldn't find/get to them because I was in an active match with 63 other people. I got a pretty long message on Empires Edge but there was some background noise so I might've gotten some stuff wrong, plus I've never written down morse before. Is it normal that there is only a few dots/dashes every 30 seconds or so?

Someone else mentioned this but when you step away from the telegraph and return it plays another few notes, almost the entirety of the message I got was from stepping away and returning.

Anyways, this is the message I got from about 10 minutes on Empires Edge, IRRL6A ELFD ESA EA ELDEFLLILSYY

The dots/dashes are as follows (// is where I stepped away and returned) ..//.-.//.-.//.-..//-....//.- .//.-..//..-.//-.. .//...//.- .//.- .//.-..//-.. .//..-.//.-..//.-..//..//.-..//...// -.--//-.--

I also got a very short message from the last 5 minutes of Sinai, this time I never stepped away. The translation I got was LIRA E

Here are the dots/dashes (// is the long pause between dots/dashes) .-..//..//.-.//.- .

Hope this contributes in some way!
  • Jiraya83
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    army1116 wrote: »
    So I tried my hand at getting some morse messages, I looked as quickly as I could for the headphones but often couldn't find/get to them because I was in an active match with 63 other people. I got a pretty long message on Empires Edge but there was some background noise so I might've gotten some stuff wrong, plus I've never written down morse before. Is it normal that there is only a few dots/dashes every 30 seconds or so?

Someone else mentioned this but when you step away from the telegraph and return it plays another few notes, almost the entirety of the message I got was from stepping away and returning.

Anyways, this is the message I got from about 10 minutes on Empires Edge, IRRL6A ELFD ESA EA ELDEFLLILSYY

The dots/dashes are as follows (// is where I stepped away and returned) ..//.-.//.-.//.-..//-....//.- .//.-..//..-.//-.. .//...//.- .//.- .//.-..//-.. .//..-.//.-..//.-..//..//.-..//...// -.--//-.--

I also got a very short message from the last 5 minutes of Sinai, this time I never stepped away. The translation I got was LIRA E

Here are the dots/dashes (// is the long pause between dots/dashes) .-..//..//.-.//.- .

Hope this contributes in some way!

I am a PS4 player, when i tried to get 1 morse code at Fao Fortress i just get 1 letter per time :'( , on weekend I will have some time to spent, so I will try to find a empty server and stay some time getting the sounds! (I will record it on my PS4 and share after that) hope ppl in DICE give us some clue soon, at least to see if we are going to the correct way.
  • McAIlister
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    McAIlister wrote: »
    anyone has saved the audio from the telegraphs for translation from other places like @Coronakill did in 1 map (i dont remember wich map now :P) ?

I recorded in Amiens, everytime i'm firing is when i get back and in the radio to launch a new sequence of code, couldn't do mroe than 15minutes because people joined the server and round started ...

I am a PS4 player, and when we get close to the Telegraph we just heard 1 (sometimes 2) letter per time, so we have to step side and comeback to heard a new one, anyone has compared with the PC players if the message is the same?

I've recorded in Fao Fortress, but i didnt know at time about this diference (so maybe i could have broke the full message steping away too early), I tought that it was with some kind of bug that wasn't allowing me to heard the full message in morse code, but for what i searched this is the default for the PS4 (xbox) players.

Anyone have the Fao Fortress morse code recorded so we can compare the one that I have? I will try to get the one in Amiens to compare with the audio that @McAIlister did.

Interesting, should be easier to decode haha can you share your video ? i can record on FAO fortress this afternoon if you want.

Also, its probably nothing but there is some text on statue in Balroom Blitz, anyone translated it ?
    http://imgur.com/a/wGj35

EDIT: I did some research and i started to translate AD MDCCCLXXXVI -> AD 1886 -> Googled it and find -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1886 this lead me to "AD" -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anno_Domini at this moment i was happy because image on the left was talking about "easter" but i think i'm gone too far and this is just a coincidence.
    Finaly i found the real statue which is in France http://i.imgur.com/88ypIhW.jpg -> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Anne_connétable_de_Montmorency_Chantilly.jpg (yeah it should be cavalry horse :p ) https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:CoA_Anne_de_Montmorency_Chantilly.jpg and the text are: ΑΠΛΑΝΩΣ which mean "Straight forward" and the big text you can see it bellow the picture above but its just infos about Anne de Montmorency.
    Post edited by McAIlister on
  • Jiraya83
    anyone has saved the audio from the telegraphs for translation from other places like @Coronakill did in 1 map (i dont remember wich map now :P) ?

I recorded in Amiens, everytime i'm firing is when i get back and in the radio to launch a new sequence of code, couldn't do mroe than 15minutes because people joined the server and round started ...

I am a PS4 player, and when we get close to the Telegraph we just heard 1 (sometimes 2) letter per time, so we have to step side and comeback to heard a new one, anyone has compared with the PC players if the message is the same?

I've recorded in Fao Fortress, but i didnt know at time about this diference (so maybe i could have broke the full message steping away too early), I tought that it was with some kind of bug that wasn't allowing me to heard the full message in morse code, but for what i searched this is the default for the PS4 (xbox) players.

Anyone have the Fao Fortress morse code recorded so we can compare the one that I have? I will try to get the one in Amiens to compare with the audio that @McAIlister did.

Interesting, should be easier to decode haha can you share your video ? i can record on FAO fortress this afternoon if you want.

Also, its probably nothing but there is some text on statue in Balroom Blitz, anyone translated it ?

I had recorded some time ago on fao fortress, but in time i didnt know about this diference on PS4, so problaby i broke some codes, problaby it will be useless this first video (I had uploaded it on my facebook i share it this night when i arrive from work), when I try it again on the weekend I will record it with more attention and hope this could help in future...

anyone have more info about the paper that @JackFrags received on his gift? the one with coordinates (or at least looks like)
  • GuineaPigFilms
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016

EDIT: I did some research and i started to translate AD MDCCCLXXXVI -> AD 1886 -> Googled it and find -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1886 this lead me to "AD" -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anno_Domini at this moment i was happy because image on the left was talking about "easter" but i think i'm gone too far and this is just a coincidence.
    Finaly i found the real statue which is in France http://i.imgur.com/88ypIhW.jpg -> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Anne_connétable_de_Montmorency_Chantilly.jpg (yeah it should be cavalry horse :p ) https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:CoA_Anne_de_Montmorency_Chantilly.jpg and the text are: ΑΠΛΑΝΩΣ which mean "Straight forward" and the big text you can see it bellow the picture above but its just infos about Anne de Montmorency.

The statue states:

"Here stands -for edifice (Rough Translation)=========== Anne Montmorency, Teacher, -Eqvitvm (A form of coin or currency?), his first race ==== and poor France.
    =============== Nominator.
    Life which ========= Insignia.
    ===========================.
    ==================.
    =====================.
    =====================."

(The === are lines I cannot read) This is from my Latin course and a few years, plus some research on the real statue. Some race horse in France? Any french speakers here who could look for any french words? My latin isnt perfect too, if anyone can proof read.
  • GuineaPigFilms
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The statue states:

"Here stands -for edifice (Rough Translation)=========== Anne Montmorency, Teacher, -Eqvitvm (A form of coin or currency?), his first race ==== and poor France.
    =============== Nominator.
    Life which ========= Insignia.
    ===========================.
    ==================.
    =====================.
    =====================."

(The === are lines I cannot read) This is from my Latin course and a few years, plus some research on the real statue. Some race horse in France? Any french speakers here who could look for any french words? My latin isnt perfect too, if anyone can proof read.

The statue probably is based off of the statesman and soldier Anne Montorency, who was alive around the 1500s... not sure if this is important or not.
  • BCC-GK1llA913
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bump bump
  • Jiraya83

Magister Eqvitvm - is a rank in cavalary, think that is the max rank, there is a Magister Peditvm too (something like Capitain of infantary)
  • GuineaPigFilms
    Magister Eqvitvm - is a rank in cavalary, think that is the max rank, there is a Magister Peditvm too (something like Capitain of infantary)

Just looked over my notes, and it was Roman Legion ranks.
    Magister Eqvitvm was the supreme commander of all cavalry units, while Magister Peditvm is the supreme commander of all foot soldier units.
    Weird they would use that language on a French statue about a member of King Francis the First's court.

You guys can work it out, I need to get back to work for a bit, I'll be back here if anyone needs German or Latin translated/Help with some sort of code!
  • GuineaPigFilms
    Just noticed something very important before I leave.

Anne de Monrmorency found in the great battle of Mont Saint-Quentin in 1557. This was the last time St. Quentin('s Scar) was touched until the Kaiser managed a foothold in WW1 (The game's St. Quentin's Scar map). He is said to have a memorial statuette in St. Quentin placed around in the 1600s. Maybe this is a lead?
  • Jiraya83
    I think this is a EE by it self, nothing more to lead to more clues! (but this is just my opinion ^^)
  • McAIlister
    @GuineaPigFilms
    The full text is: HIC STAT PRO AEDIBUS SUIS RENOVATIS ANNAS MOMORANTIUS MAGISTER EQUITUM PRIMUS SAE GENTIS DUX ET PAR FRANCIAE GALLICUS CONCTATOR COGNOMINATUS QUI IN MULTIS SAUCIUS PRAELIIS VITAM VITRAQUE FORTUNA MIRE INSEGNEM COMINUS PUGNANS FINIVIT ; DIE XII NOVEMB.A.D.MDLX VII AETATIS LXXIV ; POSITA EST EFFIGIES A.D.MDCCCLXXXVI

But since this is also on the statue in real life i don't think this is some clue for an easter egg, just a design choose by developers,
  • GuineaPigFilms
    @GuineaPigFilms
    The full text is: HIC STAT PRO AEDIBUS SUIS RENOVATIS ANNAS MOMORANTIUS MAGISTER EQUITUM PRIMUS SAE GENTIS DUX ET PAR FRANCIAE GALLICUS CONCTATOR COGNOMINATUS QUI IN MULTIS SAUCIUS PRAELIIS VITAM VITRAQUE FORTUNA MIRE INSEGNEM COMINUS PUGNANS FINIVIT ; DIE XII NOVEMB.A.D.MDLX VII AETATIS LXXIV ; POSITA EST EFFIGIES A.D.MDCCCLXXXVI

But since this is also on the statue in real life i don't think this is some clue for an easter egg, just a design choose by developers,

Thanks. I noticed that as well after looking over it, it was probably just a small easter egg to him since they wanted authenticity in their game. I will be looking for any markers of Anne being in St. Quentin's Scar though, when I get the chance. Should be fun for me.
  • KanjiklubJanitor
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Has anyone seen the picture of what appears to be Jesus holding a sheep? I have only seen it in 1 place, on Monte Grappa a stones-throw northwest from the church (next to objective Apples) just beyond the graveyard in some kind of box thing with a roof. Could this have a real life counterpart that might have significance?
  • Matty101yttam
    884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    empires edge also has a few of the jesus things throughout the map too
  • McAIlister
    army1116 said:

Has anyone seen the picture of what appears to be Jesus holding a sheep? I have only seen it in 1 place, on Monte Grappa a stones-throw northwest from the church (next to objective Apples) just beyond the graveyard in some kind of box thing with a roof. Could this have a real life counterpart that might have significance?

I also sawed that, a friend asked me to post picture here but i didn't because i don't think this is a clue for an easter egg :o
    On the picture you can read: gesù è condannato a morte

• Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ^to above post^

It basically meens: Jesus is condemned to death