Weekly Debrief

Battlefield 1 Competitive play

0SiGHT0
455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
"Competitive Battlefield is an esoteric phrase. Many believe such a thing isn't even possible, given the well known, large scale nature of Battlefield's gameplay. To the more informed player, we know that competitive play on Battlefield games is a very important driver for the members of the dedicated community who put a collective millions of hours of gameplay into each and every title that is released. Unfortunately, Electronic Arts (EA) Digital Illusions CE AB (DICE) does not subscribe to this belief, a proven fact over every Battlefield title released since Bad Company."

http://relativepulse.blogspot.com/2016/11/the-current-state-of-competitive.html

Comments

• 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bump.
  • TooMuchHate
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Couldn't agree more Sight, I've been a competitive player since Bad Company 1 playing for teams such as Xclusive, consoleFaction, HaVoC and AlMighty .... The transition from BC1 to BC2 was the first big step forward into making Battlefield a competitive title. The maps were the best designed in all Battlefield titles since BC1 and created the most intense and strategic matchups. However I believe competitive play reached its peak in the first half of Battlefield 3. This was not due to a superior game, but based off the success of Bad Company 2. The title has been in steady decline since then paying no regards to its competitive community and focused widely on the casual players. I see very little possibility for competitive game play in Battlefield 1. The map designs are simply not suitable. I see no change for that in this title, or any future Battlefield titles for that matter.
  • 0SiGHT0
    edited November 2016
    Couldn't agree more Sight, I've been a competitive player since Bad Company 1 playing for teams such as Xclusive, consoleFaction, HaVoC and AlMighty .... The transition from BC1 to BC2 was the first big step forward into making Battlefield a competitive title. The maps were the best designed in all Battlefield titles since BC1 and created the most intense and strategic matchups. However I believe competitive play reached its peak in the first half of Battlefield 3. This was not due to a superior game, but based off the success of Bad Company 2. The title has been in steady decline since then paying no regards to its competitive community and focused widely on the casual players. I see very little possibility for competitive game play in Battlefield 1. The map designs are simply not suitable. I see no change for that in this title, or any future Battlefield titles for that matter.

Sorry for the late reply but I mostly agree. I offer some reasons, as well as some comparative solutions in my latest post. Give it a read and let me know what you think. Going to make a new thread in the BF1 general discussion forum.