DirectX Function Error (Nvidia) - Are you actually serious EA? ( 28.03.17 - 21:34 CEST )

Comments

• Blitz1o1
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Thanks to all of you who are describing the crash you are facing and suggesting to the other people here in the thread ways to fix it. Please always include if you are running DX11 or DX12.

@FancySquirrel I crash all the time with DX11, if i swap to DX12 and NEVER alt tab I will rarely crash. Preformance on DX12 on geforce 770gtx is not the best though.
  • bf234
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Using a GTX 680, so not exactly the bleeding edge here, but getting a crash every other game or so (random times, random maps). Tried several versions of the Nvidia driver with no help, currently on the latest 375.70.

The problem appears to be on both the Nvidia and EA side: The driver crashes (bad) and the game can not reconnect to the restarted instance (everything else can).

This bug basically renders the game unplayable. There are several other serious issues that need to be addressed in the game, but this is a killer.

We need a fix ASAP, from both Nvidia and EA!
  • versicol0ur
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA/Dice sort your **** out. Im getting fed up of these crashes now. £50 for a game where I can play a handful of maps. Always such a disappointment when I buy software from you.
  • bf234
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    I am getting crashes for both DX12 and DX11. Obviously! If this was solvable by switching to either it would not be a big issue, and we would not complaining this much

It is conceivable that the crashes happen a bit less frequently with DX11 (which I am currently running), but not that much. It also happens on all maps, at different points in time.

Given the number of people complaining, with widely different hardware configurations, this can not possibly be difficult to reproduce (and therefore fix). Should be no reason to ask for more info at this stage.
  • PL_Ukiii
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Ukiii said:

I have been playing for the last 3 hrs on 375.76 hotfix after removing 375.70 (through DDU). No dxerror crashes so far.... WIll post later with an update. I'm gtx770 owner with good old i7 2600k.

What maps have you been playing on?
    Argon Forest, Sinai, Grappa, some single player mission for unlocks (with plenty of switching to desktop) and I was messing a lot with video settings. There were 3 or 4 moments in the game where I thought it would crash but after a very short fraction of a sec lag it somehow got through.. WIll be playing now for couple of hours, will report back later...
  • PRAETORIANN-GR
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    mostly to me it happens on the map with the windmills, i don't remember the name.
    There i rarely complete a conquest mode.
    Most of the times, if not all, i am getting the CTD regardless settings.
    And even in ultra settings without aa my 770 at 1080p works fine. Never drops below 54 fps.
    I didn't have problem to play it in medium, or even low settings, but it doesn't matter at all.
    Just randomly i get the dx error.

4770 still rules.
    No oc/ov

my msi 770 gaming is still a good card for the battlefield series.
    Even battlefront runs perfect.

I just don't get it. Why they are doing this to us? lol

And it is a great game, truly, very addictive.

Like battlefield 4, in the beginning it was a nightmare with all the issues.
    A NIGHTMARE.
    But now behold how great it runs.............. Awesomely!!!!!

Hope they give their attention and find out what the hell is going on and fix it soon.

All my hopes to them and GOD BLESS THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgive them!
  • 1976ramzes
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016

I have no crash now. (test 15 hours in game, all big maps). I edited and reprogram BIOS graphics card again. Now boost off.

How did you do that ? i have the same setup 770 gtx 4gb sli windforce, i'm ok with the fact that the gpu boost and any oveclocked card mais interfer with frostbite, it's easy to revert the bios setting ?
    Yes, it is not difficult. But it should be done cautiously. I disabled only boost. The remaining options left "as is". This is to verify the stability of the game. I stayed only one step - is to disable the integrated sound and connect an external sound card USB.

* To edit the BIOS I used program "KeplerBiosTweaker v1.27". For flashing the BIOS - "NVflash v5.328.0"
    Post edited by 1976ramzes on
  • johannesynt
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

DVaderCY said:

Hi Everyone,

SOLUTION :

1. Right Click on Battlefield 1 icon and select Properties.
    2. Click on Compatibility
    3. If the "Disable display on high DPI settings" is clicked.....unclick it.
    4. Compatibility Mode select to run this program in Windows 8
    5. Select Run this program as an administrator

Click Apply and try the Game....

IT WORKS!!!!!! THANKS MAN!! GTX 680 here, on Windows 10 64 bit.

I tried a lot of possible solution, this is the only that works!!!
    My "disable display on high DPI" was already unchecked, so the only thing i tried is the Windows 8 compatibility + run as administrator.

I played 4 hours in all the "guilty" maps, never crashed! Ballroom Blitz, San Quentin, Empire's Edge..

I have to quote myself.. I had a crash in Edge Empire.. mmh..
  • PL_Ukiii
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ukiii said:

Ukiii said:

I have been playing for the last 3 hrs on 375.76 hotfix after removing 375.70 (through DDU). No dxerror crashes so far.... WIll post later with an update. I'm gtx770 owner with good old i7 2600k.

What maps have you been playing on?
    Argon Forest, Sinai, Grappa, some single player mission for unlocks (with plenty of switching to desktop) and I was messing a lot with video settings. There were 3 or 4 moments in the game where I thought it would crash but after a very short fraction of a sec lag it somehow got through.. WIll be playing now for couple of hours, will report back later...
    Crash.... good few hours of play tho....
  • Gruzzuk
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I crash on dx11 and dx12 on my gtx770, also crash regardless of driver version I am using. :(
  • 1976ramzes
    edited November 2016
    Yes, now there is absolutely no doubt - this is a bug in the code of the game. The game crashes on all graphics cards. It's just that some people, it happens very often, other people may be 1 time per week. I watched Windows (7,8,10) error reports (msinfo32) from my friends - all have this bug with the game BF1.

Employees DICE, if you're reading this post, please tell us, you are working on this problem?

Regards,
    R.
  • uglydisease
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I tried using older drivers and forcing the fps below 60. The game still crashes, but I occasionally get these stalls where the game appears like its going to crash but then recovers after a few seconds. Obviously this could have nothing to do with anything, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
  • PRAETORIANN-GR
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Maybe the game is broken.
    On the other hand the majority seems to not have problems.
  • 1976ramzes
    edited November 2016
    Anyone who doesn't play in the games - never has problems ;)
  • Nyctimuss
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I was having the crashing problem. Figured it would be the GPU's memory, so I reinstalled the drivers and lowered the textures to medium. I haven't got any game crash yet. I have two GTX 770s 2GB; the game crashed with or without SLI. So try that; lower your textures since the higher the texture settings, the more of the GPU's memory is used.
    The game still looks great on medium textures anyways. I really don't see any difference.
  • 1976ramzes
    Nyctimuss said:

I was having the crashing problem. Figured it would be the GPU's memory, so I reinstalled the drivers and lowered the textures to medium. I haven't got any game crash yet. I have two GTX 770s 2GB; the game crashed with or without SLI. So try that; lower your textures since the higher the texture settings, the more of the GPU's memory is used.
    The game still looks great on medium textures anyways. I really don't see any difference.

Wow! Thank you very much! o:) And we did not know it ... I was thinking about creating a new own graphics card :) , and you're talking about game setting ... my God ... But thanks.
  • Sandwichpak
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Somehow played over 40 hours of the multiplayer and only experienced the bug twice. Now I literally can't play for 10 minutes without getting this error, it's made the game completely unplayable. Really makes me wanna go back to Overwatch, at least that game runs.
  • FlXTHEGAME
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    the 334.89 driver solves the crashes for me, the performance is pretty weird though, the cpu load gets even higher than the "normal" 85+% (another serious problem. DICE pls). sometimes it runs fine on med to high, sometimes it barely hits 35fps even with all settings on minimum. can't recommend downgrading. i really wonder what dice was doing during and after the beta. ridiculous.
  • BlackBriar80
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Just noticed this, and I have not gotten any errors with BF1 since installing it. Figured at almost 300 pages, alot of people are affected, so I'd post my specs to maybe help people narrow down what the cause is.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    i7 6700 4GHz
    GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD3
    CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz
    GIGABYTE 980G1 GAMING 4GB
    Creative SB X-Fi PCIEx1
    SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA3
    EVGA SuperNOVA 750 80+ GOLD 750W
    ASUS VE278Q Black 27" 1920 x 1080 2ms
    Windows 7 HP x64
  • Napalm_Monster
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Just to add a bit more to the issue, here's what the app crash actually looks like. This is the occurrence after the fact that I receive the error with DirectX11.1.

Faulting application name: bf1.exe, version: 1.0.9.53998, time stamp: 0x58077d90
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23543, time stamp: 0x57d2fe27
    Exception code: 0x887a0006
    Fault offset: 0x000000000001a06d
    Faulting process id: 0x110c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d23e0ee13f7631
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\bf1.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

The exception code indicates D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG.
This discussion has been closed.