Why is the level 10 Medic weapon LITERALLY the worst gun in the game? (Selbstlader 1906 Factory)

ShadyMikeGaming
6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Why the ********* would they make us work so hard to get this high level weapon and make it suck SO bad....like I'm not even saying it should be the best gun for a medic, but how could they make it THIS bad?

Comments

• 249SawTooStronk
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Seriously... You haven't used LMGs...
  • ShadyMikeGaming
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dude it has 5 shots lol...come on.
  • Reikis645
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have unlocked all rank 10 class weapons and they pretty much all are **** compared to other weapons you unlock much earlier.
  • 249SawTooStronk
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    http://symthic.com/bf1-compare?Selbstlader_M1916_Factory_vs_Lewis_Gun_Low_Weight
    I'll just leave this here.... 1v1 the selbstlader is 10 times the weapon with a three round kill shot at all ranges.... While the LMGs are a 5-6 and implementation of the negative spread system means that you can hit those three rounds easily before four lmg rounds are accurate.
  • 249SawTooStronk
    You seriously want to give a DMR which is basically semi-automatic a 30 round clip.
  • Nietzscheese
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seriously... You haven't used LMGs...

Seriously... You haven't used LMGs (CORRECTLY)... if you think they are bad. The last LMG is a great gun, the last semi-auto is great. The medic one is really bad.
  • Nietzscheese
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    http://symthic.com/bf1-compare?Selbstlader_M1916_Factory_vs_Lewis_Gun_Low_Weight
    I'll just leave this here.... 1v1 the selbstlader is 10 times the weapon with a three round kill shot at all ranges.... While the LMGs are a 5-6 and implementation of the negative spread system means that you can hit those three rounds easily before four lmg rounds are accurate.

Christ dude, learn to play support. You shouldn't be running and gunning all of the time. Use situational awareness, cover a lane. Deploy the bipod and you'll see the medic has close to zero chance beating you at medium range -- the suppression alone makes it so he can't accurately return fire.

The only area I see support lacking is against snipers. The suppressive effects don't seem to do much to a sniper, they will still headshot you nearly every time.
  • aNoodlemonster
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    selblaster really is complete crap though and so are most LMGs. pvplive has a ton of guides so you dont waste your warbonds xD https://pvplive.net/v/guides/
  • 249SawTooStronk
    Facts... You have provided nothing then a biased opinion.... Suppressive flinch is close to nothing in this game. You place up a bipod, and the spread decrease is still not enough to affect the negative spread which limits the accuracy of the gun to luck.
    There are plenty of threads that are in here that also back those claims.... 30-90 rounds are not suppressive fire
    The monodragon which is one of the better weapons in the game is just a little more accurate with a lower fire rate, and less magazine by half. The Seb is an srr for the medics..
  • ShadyMikeGaming
    No one cares about Support stop highjacking my thread. I said the Level 10 medic weapon...it's BS that it's so bad...
  • 249SawTooStronk
    RobDMaggot
    3:10PM
    bidet wrote: »
    You provide and manipulate nothing with your support class in BF1 lol

not with 19/15 dmg per bullet and abyssal rpm. seriously you really think the peoples fear you when you spread nothing around them?

look, when a sniper shoot at you, you go directly behind a cover, same for medic. Assault, its generally too late.

now when a support shoot at me (I generally play medic), its laughable, even if the dude have the initiative the TTK is so high that I can take cover relax, or even try to outkill him.

There is just no "fear" or "pshycology" lol, its just a subpart target for me and potentially an easy kill, nothing more.

Peoples will be supress if they know they are going to die

These are exactly my thoughts!!!

Other opinions amongst players... Dude seriously.... Asking for a buff while admitting that you don't care about balance in the game while ignoring the fact that your weapons I'm a class are superior in every range... The problem is that the weapon is a DMR. Possibly you wanted a full magazined m16
  • Gregster4592
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Should do like, 55 damage, falling off to 49 after range... just my two cents.
  • Nietzscheese
    Facts... You have provided nothing then a biased opinion.... Suppressive flinch is close to nothing in this game.

No, I have had a number of encounters with support where the medic semi-auto becomes extremely difficult to use under suppression. I don't know if you played BF4, but the CTE guys changed the way it works. It's like a diamond shape, where there is max suppression at medium ranges.

I have had encounters with supports when I can't get them because my scope is swaying so much. A couple of the support weapons are duds, but most are great. I think the problem mostly comes down to support thinking they should have an AWS or MG4 in World War I.

Another part of the problem is that support weapons were overpowered for most of BF4 (they were nerfed later on). They were assault rifles with massive magazines, which made the support class a one man army. Now, they have a very specific role and specific advantages in specific situations. Learn how to play "support" and you will kick ****.
  • xLordVaderx12345
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Your using it wrong, treat it as a sniper that takes 3 shots, not an assault rifle.
  • 249SawTooStronk
    Facts... You have provided nothing then a biased opinion.... Suppressive flinch is close to nothing in this game.

No, I have had a number of encounters with support where the medic semi-auto becomes extremely difficult to use under suppression. I don't know if you played BF4, but the CTE guys changed the way it works. It's like a diamond shape, where there is max suppression at medium ranges.

I have had encounters with supports when I can't get them because my scope is swaying so much. A couple of the support weapons are duds, but most are great. I think the problem mostly comes down to support thinking they should have an AWS or MG4 in World War I.

Another part of the problem is that support weapons were overpowered for most of BF4 (they were nerfed later on). They were assault rifles with massive magazines, which made the support class a one man army. Now, they have a very specific role and specific advantages in specific situations. Learn how to play "support" and you will kick ****.

Please enlighten me medic on how to play support. Currently people believe the specific role of the support is to lay down ammo all over the place which you don't have but a box. Secondly they want you to take out or repair tanks. Thirdly they shout that you are not using it right unless your using mortars. Who has died to a mortar yet in the game. I know I've died more from debris than a mortar.

If it's lay on your belly in Choke points with the bipod out... Your just a sitting duck, and your still out gunned by any other class. You can't seriously say that in a situation where support, and any other class is engaged nearly at the same time that support will ever have the upper hand.

I mean look above the medics are seriously asking for a 60 damage assault rifle /DMR with a larger magazine. Two shots.... How are any of the support weapons gonna handle this. It takes a few rounds missed to cause the suppression. The Bar is a great assault rifle to the support class, but it's only 21 damage at the moment at close range, and needs 6 shots at medium. It's even got less rounds than the assault rifles. So less damage, less rpm, less rounds, and negative spread is a great weapon?
  • Vreidicus
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's actually a good rifle but are not much reason to use it compared to rifles like selbstlader 1916 and mondragon.
    Find it weird the did go with 5 bullets in total when the original rifle protype have a magazine of 20.
  • Sugab0mb
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Dice really is the worst with any sort of balance in any game they make. The choices they make really are quite dumb and just hurt the game
  • RabNebula
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016

Dude it has 5 shots lol...come on.

"Only need three"

3 for a full squad against you or even just 2 people? Ok good one. You'll kill 1 person and be left with 2 bullets to just hurt the other a tiny bit. Its basically the same as the normal Selbstlader but with just 5 in the mag. It's pointless. Waste of time DICE even putting it in the game because there is basically nothing they can do to make it balanced other than make it a 2 shot but much slower RoF. Then maybe it would be ok but still never really worth the time to get it. They should have given medics something different to a dmr just to mix it up a bit.