Weekly Debrief

Hit detection is out of the window

MikeyMayBe
34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Comments

• Maxxdout1
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Yes we are back t the bad old days of netcode even where having a high ping is an advantage again. A lot of high pings finishing with good KD ratios because they win the gunfights when they are moving.

Australian servers full of Asian players with 200+ pings who are nearly impossible to shoot because of their rubberbanding hit boxes, so I went and tried USA servers (250 ping) and sure enough I dominated in close quarters gunfights if I kept moving, that is wrong and it is encouraging using lag advantage by playing out of region.
  • czopor-old_man
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    lol not rly good vids where 80% just missed...
  • alfeiten
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I've been playing at US servers with 150-200 ping and usually I'm top scoring, so yes, it's definitely an issue
  • RAGDOLL2020
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That isnt bad hit detection. That's spread. Even at close range, missing by a mile. I'm hopeful they will tone it down now that some data has been collected.
  • MikeyMayBe
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

lol not rly good vids where 80% just missed...

are you kidding? there were mostly direct hits and not even a hitmark was present
  • VESPA5
    784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    Probably one of the only times I felt like I was playing well was when I went 53-4 running & gunning with an Automatico Trench in Amiens. It was a stuttering experience, THEN, I realized Windows 10 was doing an update in the background and my ping was at 450+ ms. Generally I'm in the low 50s but wow, playing at 450ms ping made it nearly impossible to hit me. Quite an old yet persistent issue in multiplayer games, unfortunately.
  • marked4death
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, from time to time I just sit in disbelief.

One or two players ever game seem to be above 200 ping. I have also seen players at a 900 plus ping doing no damage for themselves but, absolutely ruining the experience for everyone else.
  • Kaltstein
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree. Something is very wacky sometimes.

The old feeling of some enemies only needing one shot for you, while you yourself need ten shots to kill them, is definitely coming back.
  • Foamcow
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How can you blame ping when the targets aren't even moving?

Most of those were misses and the others, which do look like hits, were likely to be crappy hit box detection on scenery.
  • JiggleWang
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Been good for me, low ping US servers
  • vaalix
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That first video was brutal. The bullets were veering off on angles when he was aim at his rear end.. Follow the tracers.. Brutal..
  • Khaotik707
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    +1

Hit box detection is ridiculous at times, it's like shooting blanks, it's a rarity from my experience but it's rage inducing when it happens and needs to be looked into.
  • kawasabi
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Every match has these hit detection problems for me.
    2 shotgun shots direct on body yet still 100% health left and I'm dead.
  • -RUSH-BlackHawk
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    So, now I understand why some people just won't die when they took a shotgun hit (10 A Hunter) right in their faces like 3 meters away!
  • aphexninja
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Looks like the problem from BF3 / BF4 where when you'd shoot, your gun was already in "full spread" .. basically thinking you were holding down the button / clicking really fast already... even when you weren't.
  • Kakukazoga
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You get those problems even if you're on a server with a ping of 20-30 in europe. Netcode/ Hit detection is awfull.
  • TheNoobPolice
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The only thing fishy with the netcode at the moment is time delays between certain actions / sounds . animations.

Basically, they're rushing through the net data at the expense of the game world. For example, I'm always damaged / killed by nades well before the explosion goes off.

I'm finding hit reg when I'm on the giving it side, to be pretty good.
  • Josterrrrr
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I dust on people all the time regardless of ping, and I think there is a server side packet loss issue which is causing it.
  • EGY-Ali-S
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2016
    Netcode or what ever this issue need to be solve ASAP, i had this issue couple times made me wondering it's from me or server
  • PvtPNutz
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Something is different than from the alpha/beta and beginning of this game. Some games I just have to quit because I'm not getting any hit reg. Other times it's ok.