Battlefield 1 - Top 5 issues or improvements

Comments

• DavTan
    703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's a lot of good feedback on the ui and technical side side posted here...
    which I think you should prioritise before you take any notice of all the nerfers.
    My 5 are
    1.Medal system sucks and you should revert back to previous version where you can work on them all the time... With ribbons.
    2. We all want loadouts changeable outside of a match.
    3. Make the light tank just very slightly faster than the other two.
    4. Load times are really bad, can you not optimise it better.
    5. Give us the spawn window back so we can see what our team mates see.

Frankly although the game looks great and generally plays well, there is so much wrong with its overall design meta as evidenced by the good posts here.... That it's gonna take as long as bf4 to put right.
    And it pains me to say that.
  • THUMPer0
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    1. Enemies spawning on someone you just killed.
    2. Issues with joining a party, and trying to join the game if it's full. Or not being able to join the party at all.
    3. Some people experience not being able to drive or use guns in tanks. The mouse won't move the gun
    4. DX12 implementation is awful. Stuttery mess in MP
    5. Support not being able to drop ammo on a hill. This could also be related too not actually throwing the ammo crate. When I throw it at a wall it will not deploy.
  • Kakukazoga
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1. Bugs like Revivebug, Sprint->ADS-Bug, Soundbugs(cant hear the enemies), netcode, no teambalancer
    2. Balance: way to easy sniping (no bulletdrop and OHK-Sweetspot) and bad map design with less cover. tanks are fine imo, the heavy tank may need a small nerf. AT-Gun only in prone position, why not when you crouch? lmgs need a buff. to much gasgrenade spam
    3. Everyone uses Skip to Revive, very annoying as a medic
    4. technical issues, I play on a 1080GTX on low, getting drops to 60FPS
    5. spawns (like in most shooter)
  • MikeyTT
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Just the one big one for me, and that's the balance of the Support class weapons. It's always been my favourite class throughout the various BF games, but I'm really struggling to be effective in BF1. CQC (< 20m) and you lose to practically everything, including pistols. Mid range (30-90m), where you want to lock down a "path" and you lose to single shot snipers or Medic DMRs.

If Symthic stats are to be believed just look at the LMG damage and drop off, when compared to BF4. In BF4, you could hold a "path", to all but a well aimed sniper shot or multiple shooters. This was even at distance (40m+). In BF1 the damage is generally lower and dropoff is more severe. Here are the stats for a couple of the top end LMGs:
    - BF4: PKP - 33 dmg, drops to 21.6 @ 65m (4 x bullets to kill @ 10m - 5 x bullets to kill @ 70m)
    - BF1: MG15 - 23 dmg, drops to 17.5 @ 30m (5 bullets to kill @ 10m - 6 x bullets to kill @ 70m)
    Bullet spread may have a lot to do with this too, but I'm not 100% sure how to do a direct comparison.

DMR's in BF4 were also 3 shot kills, as they are in BF1, LMGs are handicapped in comparison.

I don't have an issue with the damage for the mortar, but they do seem to recharge far too quickly. You also can't pick it up after firing a couple of mortars and move it to another location. If the recharge is reduced, then I'd like to be able to drop a couple of mortars, then move up and do another couple. Akin to picking up the tripwires.
    Incendiary grenades also recharge too quickly. By the time the fire is gone on the last grenade, you are pretty much able to throw another. All classes I suppose, but fed by the ammo drop.
  • denjoga
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Since you already seem to be aware of the bugs and glitches that I've experienced and since you've already stated that the medals system (my #2 gripe) will be getting some attention, that only leaves my #1 gripe -

Spotting.

It needs to be more sensitive and responsive.
    If I can see an enemy, I should be able to spot him, regardless of weapon or sight used/ads, regardless of environmental conditions (fog, dust, smoke, etc.) and regardless of distance.

If I can see an enemy and can place my reticle on him and press the spot button, he should be spotted.<-period

I like that enemy fire doesn't show on the mini-map - didn't expect to, but I think it improves gameplay by forcing you to slow down and think instead of just running at the red blip on the mini-map.
    But that needs to be balanced by a responsive and reliable spotting mechanic.

Especially because the only way to determine friendly fire from enemy fire is by direct visual confirmation.
    In reality, friendly fire can be distinguished from enemy fire by the sound a particular gun makes - but since there are no faction specific guns in this game, that doesn't work.
    In reality, there are usually clear battle lines, you can distinguish friendly from enemy fire by the direction it's coming from - the game doesn't have any clear battle lines, enemy fire can and will come from any and all directions all the time, so that doesn't work.

Since the only way to distinguish enemy from friendly fire is by directly putting eyes on the shooter, spotting should be as easy as - see shooter, aim at shooter, press button, spot shooter.
  • EinBugStein
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    Top 5 issues:

- Random Bullet Spread which was gone in BF4 and made it's way back to BF1 (I'm totally fine with the Sway after suppression but the Random bullet Spread is just dumb)
    - Heavy Tanks are cealry out of balance compared to any other tank
    - Assault class often can't set up the AT-Rocket Gun on a lot of spots and often you can but can't shoot or go ADS with it even tho it's set up
    - Support class feels useless whiel Mortars at the same time feel broke. Feels like Support is only woth is right now because of the Mortar
    - Lack of Weapons & Customization

• fxsoap
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    * A lot of collision issues impacting the game. If you look at BFtracker, there are tons of collision related bugs and problems
  • Arbiter225
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1.) Add soldier customization options.

2.) Make iron sight bolt action rifles (or trench versions) All-Class Weapon

3.) Increase the damage value of Huot Automatic (to make it more on par to other LMGs)

4.) Increase damage or number of rounds in medic level 10 rifle

5.) Nerf rear gun of attack planes bombers or add more strength to main gun of fighter planes.
  • Rotank
    981 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1. Take a look at the current balance of aircraft, including the large number and detrimental effects of AA on aircraft, extreme power of the rear gunners versus the weakness of the fighter plane primaries, and the near-ineffectiveness of the tank hunter class for the attack plane since the beta.

2. We need the ability to change loadouts/customization from the home screen. We also need the ability to customize vehicle loadouts without having to first select said vehicle on the spawn screen.

3. We need the ability to cancel loading screens, or at the least exit games between matches.

4. We also need the ability to check the progression of a game before joining, to make sure we aren't waiting in a 2 minute load screen, joining a game with 2 tickets left, and going straight back to the load screen.

5. Please please please, give us more control customization on consoles. If we cannot freely map our own controls, at the very least, give us the option of swapping any 2 button inputs.
  • Doakess
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1. Snipers: I have never played a bf-game with this many snipers. You made bullets travel faster, reduced bulletdrop and then topped it off with OHK on body shots from long range. Snipers are the only class capable of ruining matches, so when some matches have 40-50% snipers they clearly need a nerf.

2. Skip revive: Remove it. Dont give people the ability to sabotage themselves and their team, because they do it... a lot.

3. Operations idea: Give an extra reinforcement to the attacker, but when continuing on next map the attackers should continue with the same tickets rather than get a 'refill'.

4. Outer flags could use a few more transport vehicles.

5. Quick way to report cheaters through the game: Finding players through Origin is too time consuming. People rarely bother with it.
  • XTS-KingBeef
    1140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Game play in general bored after 40hrs.
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    edited November 2016
    I will edit this post once I know the patch notes for tomorrow. This will be my placeholder.

1. Reduce bullet velocity on snipers by 25% and increase bullet drop by similar amounts to make lead and drop compensation a little more challenging
    2. Add a simple way to click a user in the scoreboard to report suspected cheaters. Make it so origin overlay can stay off.
    3. Allow me to easily join queue on a friend even if the friend is in a full server. It is cumbersome currently
    4. Allow medics to use Q to spot dead friendlies they are going to revive that would lock the space to respawn button out until time runs out.
    5. Live scoreboard in server browser. I want to know how far a game is along before joining
  • Greedyphantom194
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    my top issues with this game: 1-rework the support class please, at the moment lmgs are doing no dmg and airburst mortar is doing the mass murder, this should be the other way around imo, nerf the airburst mortar and buff the lmgs.
    2-nerf the aa guns without making them crap please, right now the radius and range on them is way too much
    3-im feeling this game is going to die out pretty much faster than bf4 which had AMAZING longevity due to alot of unlocks and weapons,... and dlcs are not even close to being released( im already rank 60 and have 90% of items in this game! ) which is a shame, since bf1 got the best gameplay in fps that i ever played so i guess some sort of free dlc needed in between premium dlcs? same goes for maps but im not too worried for maps.
    4-pls rebalance the operations game mode, its literally 90% defence win atm and some maps like oil of empires is like a loss wish after queuing and becoming attacker, so i guess it needs looking into, (monte grappa bunker issue too)
    5-pls fix the directx function issues and crashes, its really annoying that sometimes i can play 1 day without crash because of this error and other day every 30 min i crash back to back.
    thanks for reading.
  • Bravo-Winter
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I have a considerable list of required fixes found in this thread: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/51612/5bravos-list-of-required-fixes-changes/p1

My top 5 list would be:

1. The UI in general. Joining friends, inviting friends, etc. Very frustrating right now
    2. Strafing speed/animation is too fast/too snappy
    3. Need for a separate button for bayonet charge
    4. Vehicle immobility glitch requiring the player to double tap ` (~) on PC to resolve.
    5. Inability to join a squad when joining on a friend and their squad is full.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Give us the option as medics to let the dead teammate know we are coming for them even if we haven't yet started moving towards them due to enemies in the vicinity. Maybe the spot button would let them know 'Medic coming for you'.
  • Mr_Manag3r
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    First off: I'm cheating here because I just posted one suggestion to reddit, but I just thought of one more thing:

Operations - I'd like to see 4 battalions for the attackers, but only the last one with a behemoth. Maybe this would should come with a lowered amount of tickets for each wave? Not sure. Just know that it gets a bit old to have a behemoth every 2 sections every map. Especially as a defender even if this usually means that you're winning.
  • Cryphisss
    3109 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    edited November 2016
    Adding some points as well.

1. Snipers should be adjusted in a way that it won't discourage users to abandon the class once the change happens. Some have suggested bullet velocity drop which I support as well.
    2. A drop down report function near the player's name in the scoreboard, for offensive/not allowed emblems (maybe even for cheaters, could be heavily miss-used).
    3. Operations on Monte Grappa, the sector on the mountain hill with the bunker on flag Butter is sometimes very difficult to take down. Must be implemented some sort of a whole when the turret on top is destroyed so players can peek and take shots inside the bunker.
    4. Latest sector in Operations game mode should not give the loosing team a behemoth. A ticket increase should do the trick.
    5. Third person and first person vehicle aim position differences must be addressed. (Video as a reference )

Allow medics to use Q to spot dead friendlies they are going to revive that would lock the space to respawn button out until time runs out.

I also support this.

• Texas_Ace_80
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    Cryphisss said:

4. Latest sector in Operations game mode should not give the loosing team a behemoth. A ticket increase should do the trick.

Great suggestion.

I am not a fan of the Behemoth at all. I don't think it's OP in Conquest, but I just don't like the idea behind giving the losing team a gimmick in order to help them win.

Teamwork and skill should always be the only reasons why a team wins or loses in BF.

As for Operations, the Behemoth can be a bit too powerful and again, I don't like the idea of helping the losing team with something like that. The better idea would be to grant the attacking team more tickets as you said.

I think that would make Operations a much better mode than it is now.
  • Texas_Ace_80
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    B0ng0420 said:

3. the model 10-a hunter is too stong at longer ranges. I don't know what the perfect range would be but I think around 10-15 meters maximum for a one hit kill.

This has been a problem in BF games dating back to the Bad Company games.

Every iteration of BF has a shotgun or two with way too much range.

They're supposed to be monster close quarters tools, not guns that can one shot you from far away.
  • Theshirtless1983
    3 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TANK NERF!!!!!!!!!!!!