No automatic minimap spotting when firing!!!!

Comments

• heast1
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    First-Person SHOOTER games are usually mainly about SHOOTING.
    actually: it is not shooting, it is a game with mouse/keyboard or controller. and believe it or not, the designers make everything that is possible to enrich the game and not reduce it to a mouse/keyboard skill. if you like mouse tracking so much, while not playing aimboost all day long ?
    minimap gives another dimension, a board game dimension.

• Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    heast1 wrote: »
    First-Person SHOOTER games are usually mainly about SHOOTING.
    actually: it is not shooting, it is a game with mouse/keyboard or controller. and believe it or not, the designers make everything that is possible to enrich the game and not reduce it to a mouse/keyboard skill. if you like mouse tracking so much, while not playing aimboost all day long ?
    minimap gives another dimension, a board game dimension.

....are you *** kidding me?

Are you trying to convince me (or anyone else), that a First-Person Shooter...is not about shooting?

Other than that, I really didn't understand the majority of the rambling you did in that post.
  • JodiLosCules
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I also hope 3D spoting will disapear when Aim down
  • Xuvial
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Now they just need to remove 3D spotting. It's ridiculous how far you can spot someone and a huge red frisbee appears over their head that tracks them through fog/smoke/etc.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    Xuvial wrote: »
    Now they just need to remove 3D spotting. It's ridiculous how far you can spot someone and a huge red frisbee appears over their head that tracks them through fog/smoke/etc.

It's pretty ridiculous. Especially considering it causes people to shoot at the spotted enemy emblem instead of the enemy themselves, which in a lot of cases they can't even see. BF3 and BF4's HUDs had so much hand-holding it's crazy.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I never had an issue with it. Sometimes I used to shoot then move and kill the guys that turned up looking for me.
    I always thought it was a good feature.
  • SovjetRusha
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    sounds like people with a campy playstyle , especially snipers would benefit from this . but still sounds like ...

also rushers might benefit from this ... wouldnt know until game is released ...
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    One of the reasons that I did not like Core was the Connect-The-Dot style of gameplay. I also detest the spotting triangle which I consider is handholding by Dice to allow idiots to find a target. Core was infested with suppressors on every weapon. I was surprised that Tanks did not have them.
  • AMEN2THAT
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly dont like this, i find it stupid that they remove minimap spotting when shooting while they keep inbuilt wallhack (aka 3D spotting) and the directional marks from where you getting shot... doesnt make sense

Considering i am some hardcore minimap user (i cant play without minimap) this stupid change will make the switch to HC mode easier for me since minimap was the only thing holding me to normal mode
  • Visegrip117
    1346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    now if only 3D spotting would leave too. mini map is enough.

The real question is does passive spotting still exist? The one where you appear on the enemy team's minimap because someone moved their cursor over your position.

It's reported to be gone as well. You have to manually press the spot button while your crosshairs are on the enemy.

Also the icon over the enemies head is reportedly suppose to disappear right after you lose line of sight
  • Wistfane
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Sorry, but the majority outweighs the minority, .

Well judging by the way you post you could've fooled me. Its only democratic when it suits your views but when it against you come with lame excuses like. Its just a game, it doesn't need to be accurate and DICE can do what they want with the game. Such a hypocrite
  • crabman169
    12849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Go back to bf2 style mini map and spotting. Covers all bases and reduces hand holding tenfold.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Audio spotting literally never hurt me since I use suppressors. It only helped me find enemies. Still, I'm glad it's gone seeing as we no longer have the option of a suppressor. Seems like a logical progression.
  • Ventquipue
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Spot 2d/3d on BF4 is good, BF must stay a lively game with action. not here for play the ninja, or to play hide and seek.
    BF1 could be the same without the current tracking technology.
  • Loqtrall
    Wistfane wrote: »

Well judging by the way you post you could've fooled me. Its only democratic when it suits your views but when it against you come with lame excuses like. Its just a game, it doesn't need to be accurate and DICE can do what they want with the game. Such a hypocrite

Judging by the way I post? What, are you trying to suggest that there are more deaf BF players than there are BF players that can hear fine? I'd say non-deaf players are the majority, and that the vast majority of them don't need a hand-holding feature like auditory spotting on the minimap, and those who feel they do need it usually use it as a crutch for not being as situationally aware in the game as they should be.

I mean, do you even hear yourselves - we're talking about giving away the enemy's position when they shoot - IN A ****ING SHOOTING GAME. Like I said earlier - that's like playing Madden, and the offensive player's entire plan and current play are relayed to the defensive player every time he hikes the ball.

It's a regular (and MAIN) occurrence in this game, and people shouldn't be penalized for it just because some players use their HUD and their minimap more than they use their eyes and ears.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Judging by the way I post? What, are you trying to suggest that there are more deaf BF players than there are BF players that can hear fine? I'd say non-deaf players are the majority, and that the vast majority of them don't need a hand-holding feature like auditory spotting on the minimap, and those who feel they do need it usually use it as a crutch for not being as situationally aware in the game as they should be.

I mean, do you even hear yourselves - we're talking about giving away the enemy's position when they shoot - IN A ****ING SHOOTING GAME. Like I said earlier - that's like playing Madden, and the offensive player's entire plan and current play are relayed to the defensive player every time he hikes the ball.

It's a regular (and MAIN) occurrence in this game, and people shouldn't be penalized for it just because some players use their HUD and their minimap more than they use their eyes and ears.

You mean to tell me that when you play poker everyone doesn't flip over their cards at the beginning of a hand?
  • Loqtrall

You mean to tell me that when you play poker everyone doesn't flip over their cards at the beginning of a hand?

They would if you were playing Poker in BF4.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    I thought it was a good feature. It made the suppressor worth using. Now I think it puts and unfair disadvantage to anyone who uses stock earbuds.

Well considering there won't be any suppressors in this game (more than likely), the feature being there would be pointless other than, like I said earlier, hand-holding the players through situational awareness.

Either way, with Battlefield's sound design alone, anybody who's not using stereo headphones or a mean *** audio system are going to be at a disadvantage.

I understand no silencers are in BF1, but still the disadvantage is for people who are using the stock earbud. Basically they are saying if you buy some good headphones you will have the advantage.

lol that's like saying someone who plays on a crystal clear insane 4k resolution monitor shouldn't have an advantage over someone that plays on a black and white fuzzy tv.

Better peripherals is always an inherent advantage.

No its not actually. What I'm saying is you have to make it fair for the people who use stock. You cant plug the PS4 in any TV, there is a bare minimum that still allows you to see the soldier at average distances.

The standard earbud won't even let you differentiate footsteps from the left or right, the basics of direction. That's where I say there is a disadvantage, if someone wants to pay for surround sound and high def, fine....just make sure that someone with stock can have a fair shake.

That's absolutely ridiculous. It's not the fault of other gamers that someone can't afford stereo headphones or a decent PC/TV audio system.

There are also people who play games with Scuf controllers, allowing them to jump, reload, switch weapons, etc on a controller without taking their thumb off the right thumbstick at all times because there are paddles on the back/bottom of the controller, they also have adjustable hair triggers and thumbsticks.

Should those people not be able to use their $150 controllers just because some 13 year old that had his mom pick up the game for him can't afford one? I use $200 Turtle Beach and Astro Gaming headsets with literally every game I play, and have been for years - should I stop using them because 95+% of the enemy teams I face aren't going to be using them?

No. That's dumb logic. Better peripherals have given people advantages since the dawn of online gaming. It's not a cheat, it's not a hack - it's a naturally occurring advantage that literally everyone that plays online games has access to. Just because some people can't afford those things doesn't mean they should be outlawed to "make things fair".

Your 4k vs. Fuzzy black and white TV is invalid since the stock connector won't connect to anything less than component video on PS3 and hdmi on ps4...so yes a 4k would be an advantage but the person on a standard modern TV can still see HD quality so it's not like he can't see at all.

Again you missed the point. If people want to spend extra money for a so called advantage...fine, that's not the topic. For example, the game was made for a controller...you can aim, shoot, reload, run, and jump with a controller. While a MnK may give you an advantage, there is nothing that a MnK does that you can't do on a stock controller. Now if you are making sounds the key in identifying direction, tell me how you can identify the target coming from the stock earbud. Now all of the sudden it's not "hearing better" its about not hearing at all.

• Loqtrall
    I thought it was a good feature. It made the suppressor worth using. Now I think it puts and unfair disadvantage to anyone who uses stock earbuds.

Well considering there won't be any suppressors in this game (more than likely), the feature being there would be pointless other than, like I said earlier, hand-holding the players through situational awareness.

Either way, with Battlefield's sound design alone, anybody who's not using stereo headphones or a mean *** audio system are going to be at a disadvantage.

I understand no silencers are in BF1, but still the disadvantage is for people who are using the stock earbud. Basically they are saying if you buy some good headphones you will have the advantage.

lol that's like saying someone who plays on a crystal clear insane 4k resolution monitor shouldn't have an advantage over someone that plays on a black and white fuzzy tv.

No its not actually. What I'm saying is you have to make it fair for the people who use stock. You cant plug the PS4 in any TV, there is a bare minimum that still allows you to see the soldier at average distances.

The standard earbud won't even let you differentiate footsteps from the left or right, the basics of direction. That's where I say there is a disadvantage, if someone wants to pay for surround sound and high def, fine....just make sure that someone with stock can have a fair shake.

That's absolutely ridiculous. It's not the fault of other gamers that someone can't afford stereo headphones or a decent PC/TV audio system.

There are also people who play games with Scuf controllers, allowing them to jump, reload, switch weapons, etc on a controller without taking their thumb off the right thumbstick at all times because there are paddles on the back/bottom of the controller, they also have adjustable hair triggers and thumbsticks.

Should those people not be able to use their $150 controllers just because some 13 year old that had his mom pick up the game for him can't afford one? I use $200 Turtle Beach and Astro Gaming headsets with literally every game I play, and have been for years - should I stop using them because 95+% of the enemy teams I face aren't going to be using them?

No. That's dumb logic. Better peripherals have given people advantages since the dawn of online gaming. It's not a cheat, it's not a hack - it's a naturally occurring advantage that literally everyone that plays online games has access to. Just because some people can't afford those things doesn't mean they should be outlawed to "make things fair".

You 4k vs. Fuzzy black and white TV is invalid since the stock connector won't connect to anything less than component video on PS3 and hdmi on ps4...so yes a 4k would be an advantage but the person on a standard modern TV can still see HD quality so it's not like he can't see at all.

Again you missed the point. If people want to spend extra money for a so called advantage...fine, that's not the topic. For example, the game was made for a controller...you can aim, shoot, reload, run, and jump with a controller. While a MnK may give you an advantage, there is nothing that a MnK does that you can't do on a stock controller. Now if you are making sounds the key in identifying direction, tell me how you can identify the target coming from the stock earbud. Now all of the sudden it's not "hearing better" its about not hearing at all.

lmao, first off - I'm assuming you don't know that they make HDMI adapters to connect them to older TVs?

Secondly - Mouse and Keyboard gives you a HUGE advantage over stock controllers.

Not only is the average modern laser mouse's DPI substantially higher than that of a controller - but controllers keep moving your aim until the analogue stick reaches dead center, whereas a mouse stops your aim movement literally wherever you stop your mouse. On top of that, you control your aim with an analogue stick on a controller with JUST your thumb - you control your aim with a mouse with your whole hand, wrist, and forearm - it's SIGNIFICANTLY more precise.

To top it off - playing with a mouse and keyboard allows you to keep on your aim while doing other things like jumping, reloading, melee'ing, switching weapons etc - whereas on a controller - you have to take your fingers off the analogue sticks to press ANY button on the face of the controller (which is why Scuf controllers are so popular, because the paddles on the back allow you to press those face buttons without taking your right thumb off the aiming analogue stick in FPS games).

Implying a M&KB or Scuf/Elite controller doesn't give you an advantage over someone using a stock controller is just dumb.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016

You 4k vs. Fuzzy black and white TV is invalid since the stock connector won't connect to anything less than component video on PS3 and hdmi on ps4...so yes a 4k would be an advantage but the person on a standard modern TV can still see HD quality so it's not like he can't see at all.

lmao, first off - I'm assuming you don't know that they make HDMI adapters to connect them to older TVs?

Secondly - Mouse and Keyboard gives you a HUGE advantage over stock controllers.

Not only is the average modern laser mouse's DPI substantially higher than that of a controller - but controllers keep moving your aim until the analogue stick reaches dead center, whereas a mouse stops your aim movement literally wherever you stop your mouse. On top of that, you control your aim with an analogue stick on a controller with JUST your thumb - you control your aim with a mouse with your whole hand, wrist, and forearm - it's SIGNIFICANTLY more precise.

To top it off - playing with a mouse and keyboard allows you to keep on your aim while doing other things like jumping, reloading, melee'ing, switching weapons etc - whereas on a controller - you have to take your fingers off the analogue sticks to press ANY button on the face of the controller (which is why Scuf controllers are so popular, because the paddles on the back allow you to press those face buttons without taking your right thumb off the aiming analogue stick in FPS games).

Implying a M&KB or Scuf/Elite controller doesn't give you an advantage over someone using a stock controller is just dumb.

Again, try reading my comments because you still don't get it. We are talking about designing games to the stock system. Yes there are adaptors, but now you're spending money to overcome the fact you can't meet the minimum requirements. If you have to do this, then the disadvantage is on you. Comparing stock HDMI to 4K, will you see a character clearer, possibly, but you won't see something that a person using a 720i resolution can't see.

As for you MnK, again you need to read. A person using a controller can aim, reload, move the cursor all just like a mouse can. Can a mouse do it better, I believe so, but doing it better is different than not doing it at all. There is not a function that a mouse can do that a controller cant. Changing button configurations can help you do actions while aiming, but when you're reloading you can't shoot anyway so what's the disadvantage of taking you finger off the stick to press the circle button?

I'll sum it up for you again. Paying to do something better is different than paying to allow you to utilize the core features of the game.