Battlefield 1 - Top 5 issues or improvements

Comments

• Xarsetex
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't know if the DICE developers know this but there is a way to boost your score without even trying. On certain maps with the Torpedo boat you can enter the enemies spawn water and destroy there boats for 350xp a price, and on top of that the instantly respawn. If you wouldn't mind I would like a spawn delay if possible on the boats that have no passenger's in them or make it so freshly spawned vehicles don't net you experience.
  • PEZZALUCIFER
    1044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. 1 gas grenade, not 2, it's more effective than incendiary but you only give 1 incendiary.
    2. HE trip mines should do 100% damage. Assault can charge through a trip mine and OHK with dynamite that is no larger than a HE trip; It makes no sense.
    3. Allow ADS with gas mask equipped, I don't care if I can't see what i'm shooting at, sometimes I want accuracy especially if I'm using a rifle. This seems very abstract and out of place in battlefield.
    4. Shooting while on fire should increase the rate that you take damage from fire, and or increase spread to a very high level. You're on fire, you should be trying to put the fire out, not shooting through the flames like it's not a problem.
    5. Fire needs to do more damage and be more of a deterrent in general, currently players just run through it knowing they can do whatever they like on the other side and get away with it. Please fix!
  • incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    Xarsetex said:

boosting

They are aware, and maybe edit your post so others don't add to the problem.
  • incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

My one and only major issue with the game is the infantry/on foot aiming on consoles. While at this time it is bearable, it is nowhere as precise as previous Battlefield games. It seems that either the sensitivity is off or that it accelerates too quickly, causing the aiming to go past the intended target. Settings such as the uniform soldier aiming do not fix this issue. Honestly, I do not know exactly what needs to be done in order to get the aiming to the previous Battlefield series standards.

Other than that, I am really enjoying the game. It is just that the aiming issues on consoles affects the overall experience of the game negatively.

It seems that the vertical sensitivity is too high, and acceleration as you say. Similarly with the in-vehicle aiming. In tanks it is better to aim in third-person because in first there is acceleration and the reticle basically jumps.

And some vehicles have way too high horizontal sensitivity and acceleration.
  • jugo_sfrj
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1. Bring the Engineer back! Actual Tanker As anti tank and repair class!
    Sieh Dir den Tweet von @spoki83 an:
    2. Transform the assault to a pure anti infantrie class!
    Loadout: spotting flares/Trip wire/flash flares!
    3. Gas for medic only
    4. Nerf sniper rifles
    5. Buff Lmg's
    6. Increase Soldier speed (BF4)
    7. PS4 R2 BUTTON (cant run directly after slide or Crouch with R2)
    8. BF4 movement! (Pls bring it back)
    9. Fix parachute (doesnt open at a low hight)
    10. Weapon mechanic (burst fire needs to be more accurate/important)
    11. Give us fieldupgrades!
    12. Soldier customization (uniforms:flag patch/color/heads/beards/gloves)
    13. Dog tags with country flags of this era(for ex. serbia)
    14. Weapon customization (grips/optics/shafts/Silencer (maybe prototype stuff/r6siege like dog tags on rifles)
    15. Decrease effekt of incoming fire against (plains)
    16. Decrease effekt of incoming fire (soldier)
    17. Fix incoming DMR fire effekt on soldier (feels like one shot)
    18. Buff Dreadnought (or let us repair it)
    19. Dpad loadout in center screen (bf4)
    20. Fix aim on console
    21. Decrease aim assist (bf4 is great)
    22. Fix sensitivity (consoles)

@t1gge thanks
  • Indys2nd
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1. The ability to actually join your friends in a game. Right now you click on join friend and you sit there waiting and waiting until finally the round is over and then it still can mess up. You did advertise advertise that "playing with friends could never be easier." So far, that is not the case.
    2. Battlelog - Bring it back already. It's like a downgrade from what we had before. You can't always see the server your friends are on, you can't easily join them, and you **** them off when you do try to join them and a pop up pulls them out of their game.
  • Slimrock_DCDF
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Allow us to quit quickly if we need to at the end of a round. I at times want to leave at the end before the server restarts a new round. Alt-Ctrl-Del screws my desktop up and the game is temperamental at best
  • The_Submissive
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1.) Option to adjust the transparency of 3D icons. We have it for ADS, but need one for when not aiming down sights.
  • badassbert
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would like to see some servers in every region with ping caps. I am Australian and play in the Oceania servers, but often run across players that are either from other regions or they are somehow on dialup. They exhibit red ping and the game goes stop motion when you are near them. Many of my friends from overseas tell me this is common on their local servers too.

To be clear, I don't want this for ALL servers, maybe half would be cool. Perhaps the ping cut off could be 150ms?
  • Argentans
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Overall the performance of BF1 seems great for most people, however I and several others (https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/41430/battlefield-1-fps-drops/p1) have been having issues with 100% CPU usage causing intermittent and large FPS drops, despite having great FPS on average. I'm not sure if this is a driver issue with certain hardware combinations, as on my old GPU (GTX 670 2GB) I had the issue in the beta however was able to fix it by updating drivers. The full release then ran without large FPS drops on my old GPU.
    I then upgraded to a GTX 1060 6GB and installed the latest drivers, and when I started playing I found the problem had returned.
    My other specs:
    i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz (overclocked)
    8GB Ram
    Windows 10 64-bit
    The fact that I had the game running without the large FPS drops on my older GPU seems to point to a driver issue with certain hardware combinations, so I'm not sure if this is actually something that can be helped by Dice, but I would like to mention it anyway. Weirdly enough I ran BF4 and noticed the intermittent FPS drops as well in that, which I never got on my old GPU, however they were not as bad in BF4.
  • SITARSKI_ma79p3
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1 battlelog leaderboard with complete details of every stat and objective
    2 battlelog leaderboard with complete details of every stat and objective
    3 battlelog leaderboard with complete details of every stat and objective
    4 battlelog leaderboard with complete details of every stat and objective
    5 get rid of the behemoth or gunship whatever the losing team gets
  • Blodkorpen
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Would also be nice if the weapons for pilots/tankers could get allocated to the other classes. I am all for diversity between classes but one will seldom get to use the weapons.
    Post edited by Blodkorpen on
  • DingoKillr
    3467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I Started going to go thru the thread but stopped. Any way my top 5 is just a little longer
    1. More local regional servers like in South East Asia, I tired of trying to play CQB with guys that kill me first even when it looks as I fired first.
    2. Motorcycles are to sensitive compare to other vehicles. I have to go into 3p view and only tap the accelerator.
    3. Field Gun turning. Some time you need to press the keys in opposite direction you want to turn. This also seem excessively slow.
    4. Horse physics. I would like that you come off the horse when in deep water, but can you make the horse walk to a shallow after doing so. Allow us to back the horse up about 2-5m to get out of some trap points.
    5. Gas sometimes you don't know you a in Gas. No colour. Happens mostly when gas is on the other side of the wall
    6. LMG. Some LMG have no distinction from the other variants. Lewis Gun Suppressive has scope, bipod and a large mag, The Optical has a scope, ADS advantage that leaves the Low Weight. Unless I missing something critical everything the Low Weight can do the other 2 can do that plus more.
    7. Revive bug where you can't use weapons after revive.
    8. Reduce splash of Aircraft Bombs you can be up to 20m away and still take damage. Infantry have a hard time shooting down aircraft without a Vehicle but aircraft can clean out a flag in 1 pass.
    9. Lack of weapon/vehicle customization while not on a server. You start up the game or end a round, you need to be on server to customize your kits and purchasing unlocks.
    10. Melee weapons not killing in 1 blow from behind. I have seen plenty of knife take down from the front.
    11. Quicker from prone to feet.

• El_Greeno
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Make the quit button available until the next round is loading.

Speed-up the loading of the end of round score screens! They don't load half the time on ps4.

Medic rifles have a grenade launcher supposedly for taking out tanks. It does 8 damage... Worthless.

In the beta you could call out to medics for a revive. That option has gone. I don't know if medics are stupid or unaware that people need to be revived, but a shout out would be helpful...

Bayonet charge is impossible to quit once initiated and almost impossible to counter. Had an enemy charge up on 3 of us all unloading into him and he still managed to get a kill.

There is a major glitch where you end up putting your gas mark on every time you press left on the dpad. This needs to be fixed ASAP as it is costing kills due to slow animation of the gas mask.
  • I-ron1n-I
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    1. Nerf AA. Don't care how: range, damage, turn speed, accuracy, number of emplacements... Just do something, because it's laughably broken at the moment.
    /
    2. One gas grenade, not two. Pressing T repeatedly does not make for fun gameplay and indirectly nerfs non-hip-fire weapons on certain maps. Also remove negative friendly gas effects. Can just leave it on for hardcore if you must.
    /
    3. Operations: Remove the intro movies, waste of time and resources making them. Especially since there's already an apt intro by the narrator in the actual game. Add Operations to the Server Browser and have Operations run on a constant rotation that alternates people between attack/defence sides. Give attackers more tickets.
    /
    4. Make TDM, Rush and Domination 15v15 and adjust scoring accordingly. 24 players currently just isn't enough for the size of the maps in these modes and also leads to dead/half empty servers and uneven games. Also remove Sentry kits from all these modes.
    /
    5. Serious buffs/reworking required for the following vehicle variants: Torpedo Bomber (too niche and doesn't even fulfill its role well), Mortar Truck+Mortar Landship (Mortars too weak and have negligible impact), Dog-fighter (No utility and sucks at killing anything aside from other fighters).
  • ParanoiaHades26
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Please Fix Team Swapping Playstation 4 Players are still abusing the Team Changing system by unbalancing the team so they can unbalance the game and team forcing people to quit
  • BostonGamer21
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2016
    My top 5, from playing on PC:
    1) Optimization, anything you can do to make it even better would be great. I don't have any issues on my old pc but have seen comments from others with a better pc having issues.
    2) Spawn system needs a lot of work, you shouldn't be able to spawn behind/near enemies (I've experienced this on all maps but one in particular was on Argonne Forest in the tunnels at B where I spawned behind an entire group of enemies, similar to what occassionally happens on Lockers in BF4 when you spawn on C flag and you spawn behind enemies near B ).
    3) Loadout customization in BF game client should sync with loadout on web site; make it work on web site first
    4) Quit button should stay on screen until the next round starts.
    5) The UI needs a lot of work, especially making spawning easier, clearer and safer. LankySoldier made a good video about this:
  • brewer200
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Best thing:
    A battlefield where you are rewarded properly for pto!

Worst thing by far:
    Pto and your Squad Leader doesn't give orders. This needs to be fixed badly!!
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't ask for much..

I would like to see in the rentalservers the option to exclude vehicles!
  • RabNebula
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    t1gge wrote: »
    Haha, well yea. My bad - never use the forums to post much :P.
    I'll get it moved. But post here if you can!

Well thats silly! If theres 1 place DICE employees should be posting, it's their own forums! Annoying as they are with the lack of line breaks making everyone look like they're posting a wall of text. It's still the place a lot of people will go since the companion is on the site too.

1- The balancing of the air game and how people who take the time to learn to fly and develop their skills are so easily punished by people just sitting on a turret or in a truck somewhere and effectively covering 100% of the map between the 2 types of AA when AA takes no skill at all. It shouldn't be a fast killer, it should be a deterrent.
    2- End of round takes control away from you in your plane and so often kills you at the end of a round and gives you a death even though you were not in control. This should never happen.
    3- "Sweet spots" requiring so much less skill for snipers and causing teams to now have 17 snipers on at times. This balance issue could be helped a bit more by having the numbers of each class for a team up on the respawn select screen as it would highlight and encourage people to switch toward the team balance needed. By that I mean have numbers over each class like Assault=8 Medic=7 Support=4 Scout=11. Then its much clearer for everyone as the information is in the place where its most likely to be considered then.
    4- So many Behemoth bugs! Sometimes kills anyone who spawns in it and just sits there. Sometimes just randomly explodes instantly on start of round. Sometimes the sound of it exploding gets stuck and just plays constantly through the rest of the game. The worst of all for me was when I was 51 and 0! Biggest streak I've had and strolling along long after the behemoth had gone down and disappeared from the map and I get KIA in the area that it used to be. Thanks for that ridiculous kill streak ender!
    5- Lots of niggly little audio bugs all round. 1 for example, if you join a friend in Operations and it puts you on the other team then it switches you to your friends team for the next round it will play the audio for both sides over the top of each other at the end of the game.