Battlefrontfield 1 losing players everyday...

Comments

• Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I love the game and am having a blast, furthermore, as long as when I refresh my server browser I can find servers to play on, I could care less what the total peak player count is. After two and a half years the player count on Battlefield 4 PC was between 15,000 and 25,000 and never once had a hard time finding a game, so what's the point of this thread?

This^
  • EpitaxialOne
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gavyne said:

At 3am in the morning? You sure know how to pick the lowest time of a 24 hour cycle to post the online playing population. This is literally the lowest pop timezone for BF1 (and virtually any other FPS game out there). Try looking at it again around 3pm pst/6pm est tomorrow, it'll still be half a million. I hope people do realize there's no other FPS game out there with such a healthy playing population. Nothing at the moment beats BF1 outside of esports 6v6 Overwatch and CS:GO. Not CoD:Infinite Warfare, not Titanfall 2, both are new games, nothing comes close to BF1's active playing population. Even BF4's launch numbers were less than half of what we're seeing with BF1.

There's no doubt numbers are lower than launch, but DICE isn't dumb, they know there would be a dip after the first month. That's why they've planned a Battlefest event next week, along with the release of hardcore server, custom games, and the largest patch since launch. And 2 weeks later we'll get a free map. So yeah, we'll see a bump in activities next week, and again when the new map comes. All working as planned.

Still I'll remind you there's no FPS game with such healthy playing population outside of a couple of esports games.

That's because this is a game designed for ultra-casuals. It's effectively a console port of what once was the best team-based objective FPS around. It's been sold out for money as consoles make 3-4x on aggregate over PC. Get used to it because it'll only get worse going foward, as others have noted regarding the trend of content and game design.
  • CaptHotah
    1126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good. Kids like YOU finally leaving.
  • darkstarQc
    389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Gavyne said:

ok lets try this again. iv'e taken the number at midnight so it give a 24h peak from midnight to midnight. So:

(24h Total peak: 497,285)

Good for you. Now tell us, half a million players playing this game during its peak is bad compared to what game or by what standards?
    This is a long term thread, lets see how fast the numbers drop, will it be faster then battlefront or equally fast!
    They will drop, but I'd wager they won't drop anywhere near as fast as Battlefront or Hardlines did.
    For a more accurate figure I would recommend to come back in early January, because then the holiday bonanza will be over and people will hold off buying games for a while. You will then see how many people have gotten tired of BF1 and how much market share other games bit out of DICE's pie.
    nah, it wont take that long. Im tired and bored already and iv'e played bf4 on ps3 and ps4 after that for a total of 1500 hours and never got bored what happen here i experienced it with battlefront and hardline and this game to me feels more like a battlefront/hardline mixed then a bf4. Tonight i played bf4 instead of bf1 and its so much more fun then bf1, but of course that's just my opinion...
  • darkstarQc
    389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Gavyne said:

At 3am in the morning? You sure know how to pick the lowest time of a 24 hour cycle to post the online playing population. This is literally the lowest pop timezone for BF1 (and virtually any other FPS game out there). Try looking at it again around 3pm pst/6pm est tomorrow, it'll still be half a million. I hope people do realize there's no other FPS game out there with such a healthy playing population. Nothing at the moment beats BF1 outside of esports 6v6 Overwatch and CS:GO. Not CoD:Infinite Warfare, not Titanfall 2, both are new games, nothing comes close to BF1's active playing population. Even BF4's launch numbers were less than half of what we're seeing with BF1.

There's no doubt numbers are lower than launch, but DICE isn't dumb, they know there would be a dip after the first month. That's why they've planned a Battlefest event next week, along with the release of hardcore server, custom games, and the largest patch since launch. And 2 weeks later we'll get a free map. So yeah, we'll see a bump in activities next week, and again when the new map comes. All working as planned.

Still I'll remind you there's no FPS game with such healthy playing population outside of a couple of esports games.

That's because this is a game designed for ultra-casuals. It's effectively a console port of what once was the best team-based objective FPS around. It's been sold out for money as consoles make 3-4x on aggregate over PC. Get used to it because it'll only get worse going foward, as others have noted regarding the trend of content and game design.
    I second this.
  • darkstarQc
    HotahO_X said:

Good. Kids like YOU finally leaving.

Wake up dude this game was design and made to accommodate kids!!! even if its advertised as a 18+ game. That's why they took so much from battlefront and implement it in this bf title. Yes they sold a lot of copy's but you can put that on the fact that there is really nothing else to buy right now except that futuristic cod game and the fact that its a bf title which was supposed to be like a normal bf not...this.
  • l-N-I-K-K-0-R-l
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Reasons I see for the drop

1. Natural for some to simply not enjoy their new purchase
    2. If you have never played battlefield it's overwhelming as ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and the percentage of players wanting to teach them and play with them are out number by people who want to pad their kfr and make them hate their Christmas present and wished they had asked for titanfall or cod.
    3. Dice does. Otha get to teach the new player or tutorial them up before hitting the battlefield.
    Dice should create a boot camp you have to complete before going online to walk newbies through the conquest basics. Ie squad basics. Squad orders, classes.
    4. Players in party chats, not on mics, not working with and helping teammates.
  • darkstarQc
    Here's today's numbers.

Monday, November 14:

Currently online players

PC: 34,185 (24h peak: 84,075)

XBOXONE: 100,853 (24h peak: 135,289)

PS4: 103,393 (24h peak: 203,066)

Total: 238,431 (24h Total peak: 422,430)
  • RabNebula
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    darkstarQc wrote: »
    Since they have ignore the community and focus more on producing big sales with there battlefrontfield which lack dept and gets boring real fast lets keep tabs on how fast the number of player is dropping everyday. Bets are open, how long do you think it will take for that game to be as dead as hardline and battlefront? here are the first numbers:

Sunday, November 13(24 days after launch)
    Currently online players

PC: 57,932 (24h peak: 94,510)

XBOXONE: 52,469 (24h peak: 159,621)

PS4: 128,548 (24h peak: 233,056)

Total: 238,949

As you can see ps4 numbers are holding up the front line but for how long?? pc and xboxone, not so good after just 24 days.

Those have been the numbers all along. I check it every day because everyday some nutter posts some absolute nonsense about the player base dropping fast.

I think we have the CEO of Activision posting here just a bit jealous about how badly CoD has sold and how most people would rather play the old CoD4 over the new one because they're killing their own franchise through stagnation.
  • darkstarQc
    edited November 2016
    RabNebula wrote: »
    darkstarQc wrote: »
    Since they have ignore the community and focus more on producing big sales with there battlefrontfield which lack dept and gets boring real fast lets keep tabs on how fast the number of player is dropping everyday. Bets are open, how long do you think it will take for that game to be as dead as hardline and battlefront? here are the first numbers:

Sunday, November 13(24 days after launch)
    Currently online players

PC: 57,932 (24h peak: 94,510)

XBOXONE: 52,469 (24h peak: 159,621)

PS4: 128,548 (24h peak: 233,056)

Total: 238,949

As you can see ps4 numbers are holding up the front line but for how long?? pc and xboxone, not so good after just 24 days.

Those have been the numbers all along. I check it every day because everyday some nutter posts some absolute nonsense about the player base dropping fast.

I think we have the CEO of Activision posting here just a bit jealous about how badly CoD has sold and how most people would rather play the old CoD4 over the new one because they're killing their own franchise through stagnation.

Do you how to do math or do i have to do it for you? And just so we are clear i have never play cod i only played Battlefield but in this case its not Battlefield its battlefrontfield.
  • swaggermachine
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why do you care at all?????
  • OrgBars88
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yeah because all console players want super casual games...

Trust me there is as much hate for bf getting casual on console than there is on pc.. The real casuals are coming over from cod since they do not like the new iteration..
  • _Eastwig_
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    To me it's the gameplay that's hurting the game.

The gunplay is horrible - not fun.
    You die from every angle and cannot get a foot hold to work from - not fun.
    Just as your squad gets a good flank or push on, some clown appears with an op pickup and your dead - not fun.
    Stuff all customisation, I'm the same as everyone else - not fun.

not fun + not fun = frustration and slow decline in players.

Super disappointed, I bought this hoping it would be the go to game for me and my clan mates but that TS channel has gone from full at beta/launch to empty :(

Good luck all that are still playing, hope it lasts for you.

#back to R6Siege
  • Kaltstein
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DominicO65 wrote: »
    Aside from weapon/mode balance and bug fixes , what I think this game needs to up its replay value is more guns, HC (for some), MUCH improved progression, more depth to customization, and a test range.

Apparently they removed the customizations because players didn't want them. Guess they only asked the console players, or something like that ...
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This still going on?

My word.
  • darkstarQc
    Kaltstein wrote: »
    DominicO65 wrote: »
    Aside from weapon/mode balance and bug fixes , what I think this game needs to up its replay value is more guns, HC (for some), MUCH improved progression, more depth to customization, and a test range.

Apparently they removed the customizations because players didn't want them. Guess they only asked the console players, or something like that ...

this as nothing to do with console players dude im a console player and my entire clan of 115 member of bf are console player. That thing about pc master race is pure c..p. No this is about casual gamelay added to a bf game to lure casual players in and make as much money as possible at launch and then run far and fast to the bank with all of our money. this thing resemble much more battlefront and hardline then bf4 or bf3 hence battlefrontfield.
  • KYUSS_QOTSA
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i guess your thread failed. the game is great, and lot more people playing since release. stop crying like a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • G-Gnu
    1506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @darkstarQc No wonder, the soul of the game does not feel like a Battlefield game, even if there is large maps and a lot of vehicles.
    For some reason they had to put in stuff in the game that has no real place, and the classes feels unbalanced.
    Imo the game is not really fun, even when i win a round and get a good score, i dont really had any fun in this game, i can never play more then 3 rounds before the game gets me bored (had the same feeling in SWFB).
  • MixosMeFistous
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Here i am, still haven't gotten to enjoy the game, didn't put more than 10 hours in it, due to it's ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ performance on my more than okay rig.

I could run the game in the beta at 1080p ULTRA 70-90fps no issues at all.

The retail for some reason uses 100% CPU usage and i have to use commands to cap my framerate and even when i do that, most maps still get ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ performance and cause the game to feel stuttery and clunky even when the framerate reported is higher than 90fps.

No matter what settings i choose the game runs like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

My Specs:

Win 7 x64

Gtx970 G1

i5 6600K OC'ed to 4.5ghz

16gb DDR4 2666mhz

250gb Samsung 850 Evo.

Fix the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ game. It ran fine on the beta and now even the beta map runs like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and always has me using 100% CPU.

I knew it was gonna be casualfield when i played the beta, but i was hoping for a Hardcore mode on release, but ohh no, no more private servers, only our servers and our modes.

As if that wasn't enough, I CAN't RUN THE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ GAMe. ARE YO KIDDING ME DICE? WHAT IS THIS ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. 24 DAYS LATER AND THE GAME STILL RUNS LIKE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I HAVE YET TO PLAY THE DAMN GAME.
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF One multiplayer isnt all that good.

Furthermore, DICE isnt taking vehicle and general balance on all gamemodes seriously.
This discussion has been closed.