Top Questions Regarding the Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program

Comments

• Pitbruiser
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Spiderco4 said:

I'm working on getting something out Monday. Not everything, but some big answers.

-Braddock512-

So where are the answers?
    Did @Braddock512 mean Monday, January 2, 2017?

I would like answers very soon, as that would affect my decision on whether or not to buy BF1.
  • RevFX-Himsa
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    Big answers such as server locations, release date, release date for kick is ban, API tools? Or "big" as in you can change that map of your server and you can use credit or debit to pay for the server?
  • Tireseas
    609 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Braddock's on central time so if answers are going to happen today, they'll probably be in the next couple hours. Who knows, maybe they'll switch up from playing at being Valve to playing at being Apple and tell us servers are rentable tomorrow. Wouldn't hold my breath though.
  • Pahkiller
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tireseas said:

Braddock's on central time so if answers are going to happen today, they'll probably be in the next couple hours. Who knows, maybe they'll switch up from playing at being Valve to playing at being Apple and tell us servers are rentable tomorrow. Wouldn't hold my breath though.

Very much doubted.
    Is there going to be Kick/Ban a simple yes or no would suffice as seeing hundreds have left BF1 so far because of no answers
    If Kick/Ban is not included I'm afraid most will leave
  • SQUINTSQUINT
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Will "Aim Rotation Off" be a setting for consoles?
  • Px-Progdogg
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Pahkiller wrote: »

Very much doubted.
    Is there going to be Kick/Ban a simple yes or no would suffice as seeing hundreds have left BF1 so far because of no answers
    If Kick/Ban is not included I'm afraid most will leave

Yep another day, don't see an update happening today. The big "patch" is happening in 17 hours so I imagine the "Big update" braddock was talking about will be around the same time or afterward. I would say they will also release a date for RSP at the same time. Correct me if I am wrong @Braddock512.
  • -Q-DoePa
    89 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm working on getting something out Monday. Not everything, but some big answers.

-Braddock512-

Monday has come and gone and nothing. Why am I not surprised? At least communicate with your loyal community and say SOMETHING...

When can we expect answers Braddock?
  • _MwG_StangV2_0
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    -Q-DoePa wrote: »

-Braddock512-

Monday has come and gone and nothing. Why am I not surprised? At least communicate with your loyal community and say SOMETHING...

When can we expect answers Braddock?

My guess will be in the next 3 hours which is when patch will be live.
  • WickedM0NK3Y
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am sure @Braddock512 does have other responsibilities and I am sure we will get some answers soon. Not sure if we will all get the answers we want... but lets give them the benefit of the doubt for now. Even if we have been waiting for so long as it is...
  • PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    Lets all stay strong and fight for wat we want! Insulting or saying you will leave BF, will not do anything but weaken our community, but staying strong together will!
    We want the servers and need this and want to fight for our right!
  • -Q-DoePa
    89 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    Relationship management 101 - when you say you are going to do something, do it. Or if, you really cannot, due to circumstances outside of your control, contact the customer and update them, at the very least, at the time that you undertook to do so (but preferably before then). It's all about managing expectations.
  • _MwG_StangV2_0
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So..

Update is live. Where the patch notes?

Any news on the Rent A Server and their locations?
  • StarscreamUK
    7269 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    The update is STILL rolling out. Patch notes only go on once it is totally rolled out and confirmed then the notes go on. It's in case it fails has to be rolled back etc
  • _MwG_StangV2_0
    edited November 2016
    The update is STILL rolling out. Patch notes only go on once it is totally rolled out and confirmed then the notes go on. It's in case it fails has to be rolled back etc

Thanks! Any news on whether certain areas will have their own local servers? Like SEA and South Africa? Or more specifically, will we be able to rent a server that is located in SA?
  • StarscreamUK
    7269 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Honest answer - I don't know I'm afraid.
  • _MwG_StangV2_0
    Honest answer - I don't know I'm afraid.

Thanks for reply.

Any idea when we may know?
  • StarscreamUK
    Only a guess but once the updates have completed both client and server side
  • SteadyFlow
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    According to patch notes:

"-Two new tabs have been added to the store: RSP and Battlepacks
    -You can rent a server via the RSP tab"

But apparently RSP still not active - when will this be available ?
  • _MwG_StangV2_0
    Any idea on when we will know the locations of the servers?
  • Braddock512
    1272 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    @SteadyFlow They'll be available to rent shortly. Just ensuring the game update is solid. Will announce when I get confirmation from DICE that RSP is live. It is scheduled for today.
This discussion has been closed.