Top Questions Regarding the Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program

Comments

• RelinquishLife
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @SteadyFlow They'll be available to rent shortly. Just ensuring the game update is solid. Will announce when I get confirmation from DICE that RSP is live. It is scheduled for today.

I'm really hoping there will be servers available for rent in regions where no servers were previously available.
  • _MwG_StangV2_0
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @SteadyFlow They'll be available to rent shortly. Just ensuring the game update is solid. Will announce when I get confirmation from DICE that RSP is live. It is scheduled for today.

Hi Jeff,

When RSP goes live will we finally have an answer as to where these servers will be located?
  • M3teora
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'm really hoping there will be servers available for rent in regions where no servers were previously available.

This is the million dollar question that has been left unanswered so far....
  • xTc-Darkon
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @Braddock512

But what about servers for Africa region and SEA servers?

Seriously its like a huge part of the player base is just being freaking ignored.

We all payed the same amount of money in the end lol... its a simple yes / no so we can possibly get refunds etc, its been over a month of asking the same simple question
  • Braddock512
    1275 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    @xTc-Darkon
    @M3teora
    @StangV2_0

I'm working on getting that answer for you. However, spamming me on Twitter or repeatedly posting in the thread - I can only give information that I have authorization to release. I don't have anything yet, but I can assure you this is a TOP priority with, not just the team, but various teams within EA. When I do have something to share - hopefully very soon - I'll share it.
    -Braddock512-
  • SteadyFlow
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    We'll find out soon guys .. ooooh I'm so excited !! Just keeping my fingers crossed :-)
  • _MwG_StangV2_0
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @xTc-Darkon
    @M3teora
    @StangV2_0

I'm working on getting that answer for you. However, spamming me on Twitter or repeatedly posting in the thread - I can only give information that I have authorization to release. I don't have anything yet, but I can assure you this is a TOP priority with, not just the team, but various teams within EA. When I do have something to share - hopefully very soon - I'll share it.
    -Braddock512-

Thaks Jeff,

Ill stop the spam for now ;)
  • M3teora
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • Nietzscheese
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Will there be kick/ban on launch? Without that, you will find many clans will not even consider renting a server. If we can't protect members against hackers/racists/trolls/ragers, what's the point of spending the money?
  • Pahkiller
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Will there be kick/ban on launch? Without that, you will find many clans will not even consider renting a server. If we can't protect members against hackers/racists/trolls/ragers, what's the point of spending the money?

Was just about to post the same Nietzy Kick/ Ban is not in the patch notes at all....
    also sick of pressing the space bar all the time too just to get back into the game... I die a lot lol
  • Braddock512
    1275 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V

We've already stated about 4 weeks ago that kick/ban is something the Dev team are working to bring in after launch.
    -Braddock512-
  • InSaNeOldGuy
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Finally............. Thanks !
  • xB-DeathKnell
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Option is available. No content yet though lol.
  • OnkelLars
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Good things need time! ;)
  • llll-Rogue-llll
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Great news that servers will finally be available to obtain, disappointed on the lack of info regarding servers, or to what kind of model the team are hoping for.
    which leads me to my question, as a non BF1 owner I may still have to acquire a server for our community, now as i will not own the game and will be locked out of posting on bf1 forums, will i have to go to the EA site to ask any server related questions? or will owners have access to a section in the BF1 forums ?
  • ElStryfe
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    All of our questions we'll be able to answer ourselves soon enough.
  • SgtWhiskyPaul
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    When are you releasing the server rental program?? I am getting sick of playing soft core, and my gaming community is tired of playing BF1 with current config. Theres nothing more frustrating than shooting someone 3 times in the back only to have them turn around and 1 shot kill you with a shotgun.
  • -Q-DoePa
    89 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @xTc-Darkon
    @M3teora
    @StangV2_0

-Braddock512-

Thank you! Was it so difficult to just say this after so many weeks of us hounding you? So it is not NO for servers for Africa/South Africa, but a MAYBE...

I seriously hope that you are not just stringing us along. A large part of the South African gaming crowd have not purchased the game yet, as they are waiting for finality on whether we are getting local servers or not.

• xB-DeathKnell
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    So no African servers!!!!!

No wonder they didn't want to confirm anything! I bet they won't even talk to us about this. We just get **** again, just like when they hiked our game prices because of things other people did. And soon we won't even be able to post here.

@Braddock512 Will you even respond to this?

Can't we do something legal about this? I mean how is this not discrimination?
  • M3teora
    @xTc-Darkon
    @M3teora
    @StangV2_0

-Braddock512-

There was a response from Brad... We just need to be a little more patient now I guess
This discussion has been closed.