2»

Comments

• TrollFarmer
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Just got a refund.
  • matsif
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Be happy that we got what we got!

no. this attitude is wrong. custom servers have been part of the backbone of this franchise since its creation in 2002. this "beta" server rental is insulting. we can't even make a private server, there is no setting for passwords at all.

we should all be grabbing pitchforks and torches, not accepting that "things will maybe get better" and hope we get some sort of info. especially after this being strung out as long as it has.
  • Tr3adst3r
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It really is a half **** release, I am not seeing an option for kick / ban.
  • PsychoDuckUK
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You can re-edit the server settings, if you click the 3 little dots next to the server name, but even when you click on the update server, the settings aren't applied even when a new round starts.
  • TrollFarmer
    You can re-edit the server settings, if you click the 3 little dots next to the server name, but even when you click on the update server, the settings aren't applied even when a new round starts.

mine wont let me adjust any of them.
  • Ozzwald_GER
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member

THX!

But, only 6 Maps????
  • M0nkeyL0ver
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Be happy that we got what we got!

I've put $120 in to this game; I refuse to pretend to be happy about purchasing an incomplete product, especially when the manufacturer (developer) refuses to answer legitimate questions about said product. This entire launch has been a huge disrespectful slap in the face, TBH.

• Badnewsbadger
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't understand why anyone would rent a server if you can't kick/ban people. What's the benefit?
  • TrollFarmer
    To put a name on it and a customer rotation. You can also make it hardcore like with custom settings like I described in my video.

So Hardcore is a GO if you want to adjust settings to match a hardcore server.

• Corp_Ghent
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Thanks for the info, I was able to edit it and took affect right away, tho chaning any of the rules puts you into custom right away. We still don't know how that will work.

Tho anyone able to get more then 6 maps in the maplist. Can't add anything more then 6 maps currently.
  • EmiLCFix
    1216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    Guys, i rented a server right after it went live, and here is what you can do:
    Go to server browser: somewhere on top click "my servers", you will see the server you rented. Next to the play button click on the edit icon, you will be able to configure the same setting like you did before renting one.
    So far it is not possible to use any admin commands such as map changing ingame/killing, kicking or banning players.
    I understanf that it is a beta version, but one thing that really bothers me right now = NO OPTION TO SET AMOUNT SERVER TICKETS!!
  • PeppaPigKiIIa
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Big question is, seeing as we can edit bullet damage, fog, are these servers even ranked at all ?

I'm blaming youtubers for this crap, might not be their fault, but i have to blame someone.
  • incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No option for Operations?
  • TrollFarmer
    idk if a custom game makes it ranked or not lets load up to mine and get 4 ppl to see.

[OO] Recursion.tk
  • M0nkeyL0ver
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Big question is, seeing as we can edit bullet damage, fog, are these servers even ranked at all ?

Exactly. So, if we make a "fake" Hardcore server, will our points be logged as though on a Ranked server? Or do we have to wait for a an "official" Hardcore server?

• Corp_Ghent
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I don't understand why anyone would rent a server if you can't kick/ban people. What's the benefit?

For our clan it's really just a place to play all together at this point and easy to join and not use the buggy join on friends system. We're talking about 20+ durning peak hours. Tho it is a slap in the face that we can't admin our server yet since we do have rules that we've always had in all our BF servers.

Tho really there should have been a lot of info out before this went live, we shouldn't have to be finding this information out for ourselves.
  • SgtOpt
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What if your server crashes? Can you restart it?
  • EmiLCFix
    1216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    SgtOpt wrote: »
    What if your server crashes? Can you restart it?

thats not the biggest problem now. But i think that will go automatically by ea