Rent a Server - A Clans Perspective

s1lv3rrambo
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
So the patch has dropped and Im sitting here scratching my head and sometimes banging my head on my keyboard.

We as a clan have 1000 euros to drop on servers, we wanted to buy two servers to promote with and to have private matches on. The update today just shows the business decision behind EA to rally us together in the same ring as consoles. With no Console commands, with no private servers and with no passwork protection we cannot play matches, scrims and host events etc. Not to mention filming videos and cinematics etc.

As a clan we are dissapointed, Without a dramatic change in attitude from EA / DICE towards clans on PC this game will be gone in 6 months and there will be a resurgence in BF4 or another game thats similiar.

Im thoroughly dissapointed and I hope, I pray that they will release a much more comprehensive PC patch soon.

LSG_Rambo

Comments

• labtud
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ive spoken to a lot of clans and pc communities that aren't coming over to bf1 because of this. I am amazed people have actually bought servers they cannot do a lot with :( oh well money grab for the loss :(
  • SgtOpt
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So the patch has dropped and Im sitting here scratching my head and sometimes banging my head on my keyboard.

We as a clan have 1000 euros to drop on servers, we wanted to buy two servers to promote with and to have private matches on. The update today just shows the business decision behind EA to rally us together in the same ring as consoles. With no Console commands, with no private servers and with no passwork protection we cannot play matches, scrims and host events etc. Not to mention filming videos and cinematics etc.

As a clan we are dissapointed, Without a dramatic change in attitude from EA / DICE towards clans on PC this game will be gone in 6 months and there will be a resurgence in BF4 or another game thats similiar.

Im thoroughly dissapointed and I hope, I pray that they will release a much more comprehensive PC patch soon.

LSG_Rambo

You nailed it!! This is nothing more than a move for the battlefield series to merge to the consoles!! The PC community is not thriving and they see it. They know that the future is in consoles and this is their first step in that direction!! It's really quite sad. Remember the early days of COD. Custom dedicated servers and now what do we have? Lobbies. This is where battlefield is heading. Sad days for the PC community.
  • s1lv3rrambo
    Agreed, At least do some research before buying as we have. Im in touch with a large group of clans and they have all said the same. We struggled like many to keep our members together through the end of BF4 and I feel that this will push us to finding a new game to play.
  • XupetaNaZaniteta
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EA is destroying the game. The admin cant ban players? The hackfest will continue..
  • DonkeyBanger
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

LSG_Rambo

DICE/EA are deliberatley killing off clans in BF1 and my question is why?? This is a disgusting and royal screw up on a biblical level!!! No PROCON access, NO command and control of the server we pay for, 30 people to get a server started, are you insane??!! I'm done with battlefield, my clan is done with battlefield and I can thank you DICE for making us HATE a franchise we once loved. Hopefully "Escape from Tarkov" will be a good game and hopefully anyone who cares about their clan and servers leaves battlefield and finds something more worthy of our time and money!!! I'll be ringing Electronics Beautique in Australia to see if I can refund my hardcopy of this utter **** called BF1!!
  • labtud
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    SgtOpt wrote: »

LSG_Rambo

You nailed it!! This is nothing more than a move for the battlefield series to merge to the consoles!! The PC community is not thriving and they see it. They know that the future is in consoles and this is their first step in that direction!! It's really quite sad. Remember the early days of COD. Custom dedicated servers and now what do we have? Lobbies. This is where battlefield is heading. Sad days for the PC community.

BF4 pc community was massive. I think it is a money thing as well as more control over the servers, don't forget a lot of people that aren't clan members or never pay towards servers complain about server rules and/or being kicked banned. I think this has been put in to prevent that. Which is a shame.

I get they want to look after the solo players but they have official servers for that.

In BF4 you had 3rd party server providers that EA would take a cut from the money they made. They now pretty much get all the profit.. its all greed :(
  • TastyBlack
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    As well even the rented servers that are out there it's taking a boat load of players to even start a round as that setting is not configurable. That's going to hurt them big time! Does no good to have a rented server if it takes too many players to even start a round as they will just sit empty.
  • s1lv3rrambo
    Its also not likely to come, If they are pushing for a more unified game across platforms then we will get the same customisation as console, Does console have console commands? No, Do they have vote kick etc, NO. We will not get any options that cant be achieved on console. I feel this is the end of frankly a brilliant game, had tons of fun so far but as a clan we need more than that. We need scrims, matches and events....
  • labtud
    oh wow what is the map start player rate in bf1 ?
  • TheDoctorUnknown
    481 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Seems like a one-to-one adaption of console rental server program to me. I don't even get why anyone would spend 40$ a month just so they can put their own name on it and double the tickets. lmao
    Not even kick/kill rights for admins, what a complete and utter joke. One big middle finger from dice to all the pc communities that helped the franchise to become what it is today.
  • DonkeyBanger
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    labtud wrote: »
    oh wow what is the map start player rate in bf1 ?

30 :(
  • labtud
    wtf 30 ? it was 2 for normal and 4 for hardcore in bf4 lol... guys do not rent servers unless you have a huge community because you will never get them filled...
  • LorgarWasRight
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Wow, I was actually looking forward to finding a few good clan-run servers with unique settings, groups, etc. This is a letdown.
  • labtud
    im pretty sure the quickmatch (not 100 percent sure) thing will only send you to a game that is near full as well. So basically you are going to need 20, if not 30, odd community/clan members online to fill it
  • XDCFluffy
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lack of control over servers is pathetic.
  • labtud
    so really BF4 was the last big AAA fps with rented servers with full admin control... Anyone else feel this is a slap in the face for PC gaming ?
  • rv112
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Definately! Black day for PC gaming!
  • DonkeyBanger
    Seems like a one-to-one adaption of console rental server program to me. I don't even get why anyone would spend 40$ a month just so they can put their own name on it and double the tickets. lmao
    Not even kick/kill rights for admins, what a complete and utter joke. One big middle finger from dice to all the pc communities that helped the franchise to become what it is today.

Exactly mate, a massive kick in the teeth to all the clans that put their time, energy and money into making BF what it was and what it should be, BF1 is absolutley disgusting and shows DICE/EA true colours and what they think of us.
  • labtud
    what makes me laugh is when COD went away from true dedicated servers (yes with 64 128 256 players) and dice came out with the big dig towards activision saying that BF games will always have dedicated servers bla bla bla... now we are down to these silly stacked servers that people that rent cannot do sod all with :(
  • LorgarWasRight
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Without the social aspect of clan servers from previous PC games, I'm afraid burnout is imminent. The console-esque "click play, join lobby" has gotten old.