DirectX Function Error (Nvidia) - Are you actually serious EA? ( 28.03.17 - 21:34 CEST )

Comments

• TiddlyPomPom
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I now crash on the maps that were safe before the update, this is ridiculous.
  • Zeddsworth
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I now crash on the maps that were safe before the update, this is ridiculous.

Same, I just crashed on Suez when first entering the server and trying to join a squad, I think before I only crashed here once, and the desert Beta map I don't think I've ever crashed on yet, every other map I've crashed on many times, but with how this patch is acting I'm sure I'd get a BSOD on it before I even spawn into the map.
  • PointyFox
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2016
    Still no fix. Crashed after about 20 minutes.
  • AuMNeonZ
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone facing BSODs after this patch ? I was playing suddenly boom, a BSOD..freaked me out because I never had BSODs before this fall update. Also the performance seems to be much worse now, fps went pretty low than before. Anyone with similar issue ?
  • Punish6r
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same issue.... Every other game runs Fine
  • TrinkZi
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    *profanity*
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • TiddlyPomPom
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    TrinkZi wrote: »
    *profanity*

How long did it take them to fix it back then? I didn't play BF4 until about a year after release.
  • MarshallBrvstarr
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    *profanity*
  • FUSIONCHA0S
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Downloaded the new nvidia driver and the patch for bf1 and the moment i hit play in origin for bf1, game instantly crashes
  • BrYaNKillYou
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    *profanity*
  • FUSIONCHA0S
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Downloaded the new nvidia driver and the patch for bf1 and the moment i hit play in origin for bf1, game instantly crashes

Nevermind, found out in another forum that riva tuner was causing my crashing. Closed it and ran bf1 again and works
  • o_Eviscerate_o
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    still getting the dx crash, and now have the screen flicker problem in the menus.
    gtx770 sli
    i7 6700k
    drivers 375.86
    playing the game in direct x 11 as direct x 12 just completely rapes my fps jumping from 30 to 144, no consistancy at all

Have tried all the fixes posted, roll back drivers to 7xx etc
  • AldermachXI
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Barely crashed pre-patch. No crashes since patch.
  • XOLiD1
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is pretty sad on DICE and EA's parts, considering they're supposed to be AAA.
  • sUrface9
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Sitti_Sky wrote: »
    Found possible fix. So far I played couple hours without any crash.

Go you
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\__Installer\vc

You should see vc2012Update3 and vc2013 folders. Inside each, there is redist folder. Run the installer of both folders and select repair.

Let me know how yours went.

This worked for me. Game used to crash before even loading. Then I disabled DX12 in-game after repairing the above files and also disabled Origin overlay. Game runs better than before the patch, getting 85-100 fps Ultra settings @ 1440p on an i5 6600k (@ 4.4ghz), GTX 1070, 16gb RAM, windows 10. Nvidia driver version 375.86, DX12 set to OFF in-game. Using MSI afterburner and Riva tuner also to monitor temps, gpu/cpu usage, fps, etc; all works fine.

• bf234
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    *profanity*
  • MonkyBeaver
    45 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    The only work around to this issue that has any real affect on the crashing is going back to the old 2014 drivers. NOTHING else works right now.

prob;em with that fix is that the drivers are not compatible with Win10 and cause massive issues across more programs then BF1

100% agree. Its not a "fix". It works for me on windows 10 but i can defiantly see where it could cause all kinds of problems with other applications and OS stability.
  • Bambastii
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The real problem is that there is absolutely no detailed information coming from DICE. It's their game, no matter who may be responsible in the end, so they have to keep all the strings in their hands and customers that are getting impatient with all the good reasons up to date. Instead they made it worse. Game crashes now while loading a map:

o_ocwjn2.png

If it would really have been top priority at DICE they could have tested today's patch before releasing it on some configuration that's prone to this bug. And would have realized immediately that everything is getting worse. Obviously they didn't do that or they don't care - thus this game breaking bug can't be "top priority". Seems logical, doesn't it? Or DICE is just incapable beyond reason.
  • luiscarnage
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Installed new Nvidia Drivers (375.86), removing the old files.
    Got a crash.

Then I've enabled DX12, changed graphics preset to LOW.
    Not a crash since then, played entire rounds of Ballroom Blitz, Monte Grappa and Empire's Border.
    Some frame drops, but nothing really really bad.
    Still have to test on Saint Quentin.

EVGA GTX 770 SC - 2GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

EDIT: Played an entire round of Saint Quentin. No crashes yet.
    Post edited by luiscarnage on
This discussion has been closed.