Hackers.

2»

Comments

• the_SLVRFOX
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    well i must say i havent seen a cheater yet in 30+ hrs. chatbox is going mad all day saying 'fairfight ban "random guy"', i think its doing well.
    maybe you could consider that the guy you played against was good, or, and this is very hard to get in ppls minds, teamplay matters. a lot. you could have been spotted or even called out.
    or maybe youre right and he was cheating.
    but what i want to say is that so many ppl getting called out a cheater where from my point of view they clearly arent. so the name and shame rule is absolutely relevant, because even if you are 120% sure that a guy is cheating, he might be not.
    sometimes its like "he killed me. he MUST be cheating!!!11!"...
    just sayin.

You're lucky... or you just ran into some really bad hackers. I think I've run into one every 1-2 nights of playing. Had one tonight, running around with the Hellriegel and literally insta-killing anyone from any distance and through any cover. He ended the match with something like 197 kills and 9 deaths. Pretty pathetic, but what can you do and report and wait and hope that FairFight will act swiftly on them.
  • Major_Awesomeo
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Name&Shame*
    Post edited by Cryphisss on
  • I_FrischeMilch_I
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    lol, 100% acc with mg 08/15 xDDD
    with 490 shots fired and 560 hits^^

but bro, what did we said about name and shame?! that also applies to those guys. just report them.
    and its only a game. if you find a cheater, just switch servers ;)
  • Phisher_0x029a
    326 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    well i must say i havent seen a cheater yet in 30+ hrs. chatbox is going mad all day saying 'fairfight ban "random guy"', i think its doing well.
    maybe you could consider that the guy you played against was good, or, and this is very hard to get in ppls minds, teamplay matters. a lot. you could have been spotted or even called out.
    or maybe youre right and he was cheating.
    but what i want to say is that so many ppl getting called out a cheater where from my point of view they clearly arent. so the name and shame rule is absolutely relevant, because even if you are 120% sure that a guy is cheating, he might be not.
    sometimes its like "he killed me. he MUST be cheating!!!11!"...
    just sayin.

Geh und trink mehr Milch damit du groß wirst.
  • TheNorthFIN
    767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016

Not a single headshot? That's not saying anything yet, he only has 50 kills with it. I got 100 with the Hellfighter and 10 headshots.
    Also, what the heck is BTR and how is it calculated?
    Post edited by Cryphisss on
  • LA7Mary3
    124 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    One major issue in battling cheaters is that no match goes without the losing side blaming their failure on the winners "obvious" cheating.
    Every time someone gets a headshot from more than 5m away he calls the guy out on it.
    I have been accused of cheating by a tank driver who considerately drove right on top of my cluster of mines and felt his vehicle should be left intact,
    by a guy I hit with a lucky shot aiming at his spot mark, a spotted guy I shot throug a destructable wooden fence, which was "clearly wallhacking", and some other absolutely normal kills even though a quick look at the board would have revealed my horrendously negative kdr. Another round I was called out on my very positive kdr and people did not accept my explanaton that i was the skipper of the dreadnought and had been driving heavy tanks earlier.
    All these senseless reports will only lead to others not being taking as serious nad receiving the attention they deserve because hackers are real.
    Because I too have seen assault troopers in argonne with 30+/1 kdr and snipers shooting through indestructable environment. If you suspect someone, check their krd and watch them before making a raging report or starting the community hate machine on some perfectyl innocent player.
    IN the end this will improve our experience here aswell as the detection of real offenders.

And yes, private servers would be great so we can take matters in our own hands. Those rentals are a bad joke. I hope nobody actually pays for them.

• HankydeKietelaar
    19 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It will be even more difficult when a whole bunch of cheaters work as a group together........ getting out of the game is the only viable option.
  • Pvt_Skugge
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pathetic that EA covers up for these people with the "Name and Shame" rule.

That's the dumbest statement in history. Most of time anyone name and shame's in these forums, the poor guy isn't even cheating. That's why it's the rule.

I dont find his statment dumb and that player was indeed cheating,the account is already banned, also nameing and shameing is a real good thing, like in real life, when you do a crime you also made public known so that other people are warned about you, thats totally correct and normal, are you normal?

You are missing his point completely... Read it again and then think about all the hackusations being thrown around by salty kids in fps games in general. The problem is when those little salty ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ start throwing out names of "cheaters". Most of those names will probably be people that actually doesn't cheat in any way or form. And for people that committed a crime IRL there is this thing called a justice system in which trials are held to prove if a person is guilty or not. I'm not claiming that the justice system is flawless but that is the general idea of it yes? Is it normal to punish people without proving that they're guilty where you're from? in that case it sounds like a sad place and i would not want to go there.
    I myself would want an easy way to report players on this website or origin or whatever that doesn't force me to go through hell and back just to do that which should be so easy.
  • Nycerran
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Pathetic that EA covers up for these people with the "Name and Shame" rule.

That's the dumbest statement in history. Most of time anyone name and shame's in these forums, the poor guy isn't even cheating. That's why it's the rule.

I dont find his statment dumb and that player was indeed cheating,the account is already banned, also nameing and shameing is a real good thing, like in real life, when you do a crime you also made public known so that other people are warned about you, thats totally correct and normal, are you normal?

You are missing his point completely... Read it again and then think about all the hackusations being thrown around by salty kids in fps games in general. The problem is when those little salty **** start throwing out names of "cheaters". Most of those names will probably be people that actually doesn't cheat in any way or form. And for people that committed a crime IRL there is this thing called a justice system in which trials are held to prove if a person is guilty or not. I'm not claiming that the justice system is flawless but that is the general idea of it yes? Is it normal to punish people without proving that they're guilty where you're from? in that case it sounds like a sad place and i would not want to go there.
    I myself would want an easy way to report players on this website or origin or whatever that doesn't force me to go through hell and back just to do that which should be so easy.

A report function on the scoreboard would be an ideal world yes. So you don't have to go through the person's Origin page just to report them.
    Most people , including me sometimes , can't be ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ to go through all that work just for a report.
  • StarscreamUK
    7523 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Don't name and shame. Report them.
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'd just love it if cheating was widespread on console too.
    I don't doubt for a second that EA would start holding hack sites to account with both Sony and MS breathing down their necks about it.
    Alas there no licencee on pc demanding quality control. Such is the open nature of pc.
  • Cryphisss
    3110 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    Report suspicious players/cheaters via Origin:

1. Open your Friends List
    2. Click the '+Add a Friend' button
    3. Search for the ID of the user you want to report
    4. Click on their name to open the user's Profile
    5. Click 'Report User' and tell us what sort of problem you're having (select Cheating).
This discussion has been closed.