No automatic minimap spotting when firing!!!!

Comments

  • Rev0verDrive
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Lol, even Fallout has had audible footsteps since Fo2. Not even an fps.
    Using buds or headsets without surround? just turn a bit. All sounds in BF are directional.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    wildcardx wrote: »
    I will miss being able to bait people though. Almost as fun as doing happy birthday with tanks.

    I would actually be ok with some type of heat map spotting on the mini map. Or again some way to ping the mini map for my squad/team.

    The way I see it, it is very practical to have your location shown from the sound of a gun. You telling me that if I shot a gun behind you, that you wouldn't know where it came from?

    Are you telling me that if someone shot a gun to the northwest of you, 75-100m away, that you would be able to tell the EXACT location they shot said gun? What about 300m? or 700?

    That's not "practical" at all - there's not a human on this planet that can locate someone's EXACT POSITION from dozens to hundreds of meters away from the sound of a gunshot. You have to remember, that in BF4 you can bring up the "big map" and see blips of people shooting from all the way across the map, no matter how far away from them you are.
    AMEN2THAT wrote: »
    Even if they kept audio spotting the same you'd still be at a sound disadvantage with ear buds because you cant read the direction sounds like footsteps and tank engines are coming from.
    Lmao

    You guys spamming whole threads with "BF is not realistic game and all", now you want us to ear footsteps and all like we playing in some tactical realistic shooter WHILE we actually playing a fast paced arcade game with run-n-spray and vehicles all around and explosions everywhere (and maybe some players are also in VoIP channels or listening music while playing)

    Removing minimap spotting is a realistic feature but yall super happy about it, when its about more historically accurate details that dont affect any1's style to play yall go emo saying BF is not meant to be a realistic game... the fanboysm is strong around here, objectivty = 0

    Listening to footsteps like some tactical shooter? I do the same thing in Call of Duty, Counter Strike, and Overwatch.

    Running up to a corner and hearing footsteps, waiting behind said corner and surprising the guy when you know he's close because you can HEAR him walking is not something that is restricted to "realistic tactical shooters".

    Every FPS game nowadays has audible footsteps that can be used for an advantage. Call of Duty, which is NOT a tactical shooter, has entire MECHANICS built around better hearing footsteps, or not allowing your footsteps to be heard by enemies.

    I mean, your logic is just ridiculous. Implying that we want a "realistic tactical game" just because we wear headphones and can tell to stay away from a certain area because we can hear the direction a tank engine is coming from is absolutely stupid.

    You like calling people stupid and CAPS words like you are so smart. You are very arrogant and think your crap don't stink.

    Yes it's practical for a trained person to identify where shots are coming from. You don't have a minimap next to you when you roam around walmart at midnight, yet here it's in the game. So please just give your ARROGANT RANT a rest.
  • AMEN2THAT
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Listening to footsteps like some tactical shooter? I do the same thing in Call of Duty, Counter Strike, and Overwatch.

    Running up to a corner and hearing footsteps, waiting behind said corner and surprising the guy when you know he's close because you can HEAR him walking is not something that is restricted to "realistic tactical shooters".

    Every FPS game nowadays has audible footsteps that can be used for an advantage. Call of Duty, which is NOT a tactical shooter, has entire MECHANICS built around better hearing footsteps, or not allowing your footsteps to be heard by enemies.

    I mean, your logic is just ridiculous. Implying that we want a "realistic tactical game" just because we wear headphones and can tell to stay away from a certain area because we can hear the direction a tank engine is coming from is absolutely stupid.
    Theres a big difference between you CAN do that (yes you can do that in pretty much every game nowdays) and you HAVE TO do that (being "forced" to hear footsteps in order to determine enemy position is an hardcore realistic game feature)

    So you happy about this "realistic" change that may actually affect some players not used to it but still spam every thread with how much this game never been realistic when people wish to see more historical accurate enviroment that would affect none

    Is this logic enough for you? Or we never understand each other as usual?

    Anyway, BF is not realistic at all and that's why it still has 3D spotting (an inbuilt wallhack that you dont even need to watch minimap in bottom left/right because you have all enemies spotted in the world just by spamming Q around) and it has hitmarkers telling you from which direction you being shot SO it makes me laugh that you tell other people how to play game, to get high quality headphones and **** when its actually not needed at all... removing minimap autospotting is pointless with all the other **** available to spot enemies still in
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    wildcardx wrote: »
    I will miss being able to bait people though. Almost as fun as doing happy birthday with tanks.

    I would actually be ok with some type of heat map spotting on the mini map. Or again some way to ping the mini map for my squad/team.

    The way I see it, it is very practical to have your location shown from the sound of a gun. You telling me that if I shot a gun behind you, that you wouldn't know where it came from?

    Are you telling me that if someone shot a gun to the northwest of you, 75-100m away, that you would be able to tell the EXACT location they shot said gun? What about 300m? or 700?

    That's not "practical" at all - there's not a human on this planet that can locate someone's EXACT POSITION from dozens to hundreds of meters away from the sound of a gunshot. You have to remember, that in BF4 you can bring up the "big map" and see blips of people shooting from all the way across the map, no matter how far away from them you are.
    AMEN2THAT wrote: »
    Even if they kept audio spotting the same you'd still be at a sound disadvantage with ear buds because you cant read the direction sounds like footsteps and tank engines are coming from.
    Lmao

    You guys spamming whole threads with "BF is not realistic game and all", now you want us to ear footsteps and all like we playing in some tactical realistic shooter WHILE we actually playing a fast paced arcade game with run-n-spray and vehicles all around and explosions everywhere (and maybe some players are also in VoIP channels or listening music while playing)

    Removing minimap spotting is a realistic feature but yall super happy about it, when its about more historically accurate details that dont affect any1's style to play yall go emo saying BF is not meant to be a realistic game... the fanboysm is strong around here, objectivty = 0

    Listening to footsteps like some tactical shooter? I do the same thing in Call of Duty, Counter Strike, and Overwatch.

    Running up to a corner and hearing footsteps, waiting behind said corner and surprising the guy when you know he's close because you can HEAR him walking is not something that is restricted to "realistic tactical shooters".

    Every FPS game nowadays has audible footsteps that can be used for an advantage. Call of Duty, which is NOT a tactical shooter, has entire MECHANICS built around better hearing footsteps, or not allowing your footsteps to be heard by enemies.

    I mean, your logic is just ridiculous. Implying that we want a "realistic tactical game" just because we wear headphones and can tell to stay away from a certain area because we can hear the direction a tank engine is coming from is absolutely stupid.

    You like calling people stupid and CAPS words like you are so smart. You are very arrogant and think your **** don't stink.

    Yes it's practical for a trained person to identify where shots are coming from. You don't have a minimap next to you when you roam around walmart at midnight, yet here it's in the game. So please just give your ARROGANT RANT a rest.

    I'm not calling you stupid, I'm calling your argument stupid. And I'm not doing so because I'm arrogant or because I "think I'm so smart", I'm do so because your argument is stupid. This is common knowledge we're talking about here. I mean, you're the one telling me I'm making an argument that someone else entirely made.

    Your earbud was not made for listening to in-game sound in stereo, that was specifically designed to be multi-direction. Sorry, but that stock PS4 earbud "headset" is made for talking to your friends.

    Sorry, but arguing that games should be designed around working with stock communication headsets, so that anyone wearing a mono communication headset can hear at the same level of quality as someone using a stereo headset, is just stupid. You're going to be at a disadvantage whether there's minimap spotting or not.

    I have no idea what your "walking around Wal Mart at midnight" example was supposed to mean, but there is nobody on this planet that can pinpoint the EXACT location of a gunshot 100m away just by the sound of it. They may be able to pinpoint the direction it's coming from or how far away the shot was, but not the exact location. That's just ridiculous.

    It looks like you've run out of arguments so you've resorted to calling me arrogant and ignoring what I've said altogether.
    AMEN2THAT wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Listening to footsteps like some tactical shooter? I do the same thing in Call of Duty, Counter Strike, and Overwatch.

    Running up to a corner and hearing footsteps, waiting behind said corner and surprising the guy when you know he's close because you can HEAR him walking is not something that is restricted to "realistic tactical shooters".

    Every FPS game nowadays has audible footsteps that can be used for an advantage. Call of Duty, which is NOT a tactical shooter, has entire MECHANICS built around better hearing footsteps, or not allowing your footsteps to be heard by enemies.

    I mean, your logic is just ridiculous. Implying that we want a "realistic tactical game" just because we wear headphones and can tell to stay away from a certain area because we can hear the direction a tank engine is coming from is absolutely stupid.
    Theres a big difference between you CAN do that (yes you can do that in pretty much every game nowdays) and you HAVE TO do that (being "forced" to hear footsteps in order to determine enemy position is an hardcore realistic game feature)

    So you happy about this "realistic" change that may actually affect some players not used to it but still spam every thread with how much this game never been realistic when people wish to see more historical accurate enviroment that would affect none

    Is this logic enough for you? Or we never understand each other as usual?

    Anyway, BF is not realistic at all and that's why it still has 3D spotting (an inbuilt wallhack that you dont even need to watch minimap in bottom left/right because you have all enemies spotted in the world just by spamming Q around) and it has hitmarkers telling you from which direction you being shot SO it makes me laugh that you tell other people how to play game, to get high quality headphones and **** when its actually not needed at all... removing minimap autospotting is pointless with all the other **** available to spot enemies still in

    In Battlefield you're not FORCED to do it - and in case you haven't noticed, there have been many BF titles WITHOUT audible spotting of an enemy on the minimap when they shoot.

    Getting rid of said 2D spotting does not FORCE you to listen for footsteps. You could see people 200m away with 2D spotting, but you're not going to hear their footsteps, that's an entirely unrelated issue that you're trying to correlate - that because 2D spotting is removed, that now you'll "HAVE to listen for footsteps".

    I'm not happy 2D spotting was removed "because it's realistic" - I'm happy it was removed because it was a hand-holding feature that penalized people for shooting - IN A ***ING SHOOTING GAME. I could honestly give a flying *** about realism in a video game franchise I've been playing for near 15 years that has NEVER been realistic.

    Please, I already stated my exact reasons for why I think it's a good idea auditory spotting is gone, and NONE of those reasons had anything to do with "realism" whatsoever - so no, I'm not happy with that "logic", because that "logic" is non-existent.

    And 3D spotting isn't anywhere near as ridiculous a concept as auditory spotting that penalizes people for shooting in a shooting game. At least to be 3D spotted, especially in BF1, someone has to PHYSICALLY SEE YOU and press the spotting button, and now will be removed from the spotted player if the person that spotted them loses line of sight. With auditory spotting, you literally just shoot your gun and anyone looking at the minimap in your surrounding area can instantly see your exact location when you fire, and anyone looking at the big map can see where you are when you fire no matter how far away they are. The person looking at the minimap doesn't even have to know you're there, doesn't need to even have a line of sight on you - you just shoot, and bam, your position is relayed directly to them with absolutely no effort on their part whatsoever.

    I don't like 3D spotting either, and would love if it was removed, but removing auditory spotting is a step in the right direction for DICE.

    The HUD shouldn't be emulating situational awareness for you.
    Post edited by Loqtrall on
  • Rotank
    981 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    wildcardx wrote: »
    I will miss being able to bait people though. Almost as fun as doing happy birthday with tanks.

    I would actually be ok with some type of heat map spotting on the mini map. Or again some way to ping the mini map for my squad/team.

    The way I see it, it is very practical to have your location shown from the sound of a gun. You telling me that if I shot a gun behind you, that you wouldn't know where it came from?

    Are you telling me that if someone shot a gun to the northwest of you, 75-100m away, that you would be able to tell the EXACT location they shot said gun? What about 300m? or 700?

    That's not "practical" at all - there's not a human on this planet that can locate someone's EXACT POSITION from dozens to hundreds of meters away from the sound of a gunshot. You have to remember, that in BF4 you can bring up the "big map" and see blips of people shooting from all the way across the map, no matter how far away from them you are.
    AMEN2THAT wrote: »
    Even if they kept audio spotting the same you'd still be at a sound disadvantage with ear buds because you cant read the direction sounds like footsteps and tank engines are coming from.
    Lmao

    You guys spamming whole threads with "BF is not realistic game and all", now you want us to ear footsteps and all like we playing in some tactical realistic shooter WHILE we actually playing a fast paced arcade game with run-n-spray and vehicles all around and explosions everywhere (and maybe some players are also in VoIP channels or listening music while playing)

    Removing minimap spotting is a realistic feature but yall super happy about it, when its about more historically accurate details that dont affect any1's style to play yall go emo saying BF is not meant to be a realistic game... the fanboysm is strong around here, objectivty = 0

    Listening to footsteps like some tactical shooter? I do the same thing in Call of Duty, Counter Strike, and Overwatch.

    Running up to a corner and hearing footsteps, waiting behind said corner and surprising the guy when you know he's close because you can HEAR him walking is not something that is restricted to "realistic tactical shooters".

    Every FPS game nowadays has audible footsteps that can be used for an advantage. Call of Duty, which is NOT a tactical shooter, has entire MECHANICS built around better hearing footsteps, or not allowing your footsteps to be heard by enemies.

    I mean, your logic is just ridiculous. Implying that we want a "realistic tactical game" just because we wear headphones and can tell to stay away from a certain area because we can hear the direction a tank engine is coming from is absolutely stupid.

    You like calling people stupid and CAPS words like you are so smart. You are very arrogant and think your **** don't stink.

    Yes it's practical for a trained person to identify where shots are coming from. You don't have a minimap next to you when you roam around walmart at midnight, yet here it's in the game. So please just give your ARROGANT RANT a rest.

    I'm not calling you stupid, I'm calling your argument stupid. And I'm not doing so because I'm arrogant or because I "think I'm so smart", I'm do so because your argument is stupid. This is common knowledge we're talking about here.

    Your earbud was not made for listening to in-game sound in stereo, that was specifically designed to be multi-direction. Sorry, but that stock PS4 earbud "headset" is made for talking to your friends.

    Sorry, but arguing that games should be designed around working with stock communication headsets, so that anyone wearing a mono communication headset can hear at the same level of quality as someone using a stereo headset, is just stupid. You're going to be at a disadvantage whether there's minimap spotting or not.

    I have no idea what your "walking around Wal Mart at midnight" example was supposed to mean, but there is nobody on this planet that can pinpoint the EXACT location of a gunshot 100m away just by the sound of it. They may be able to pinpoint the direction it's coming from or how far away the shot was, but not the exact location. That's just ridiculous.

    It looks like you've run out of arguments so you've resorted to calling me arrogant and ignoring what I've said altogether.
    AMEN2THAT wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Listening to footsteps like some tactical shooter? I do the same thing in Call of Duty, Counter Strike, and Overwatch.

    Running up to a corner and hearing footsteps, waiting behind said corner and surprising the guy when you know he's close because you can HEAR him walking is not something that is restricted to "realistic tactical shooters".

    Every FPS game nowadays has audible footsteps that can be used for an advantage. Call of Duty, which is NOT a tactical shooter, has entire MECHANICS built around better hearing footsteps, or not allowing your footsteps to be heard by enemies.

    I mean, your logic is just ridiculous. Implying that we want a "realistic tactical game" just because we wear headphones and can tell to stay away from a certain area because we can hear the direction a tank engine is coming from is absolutely stupid.
    Theres a big difference between you CAN do that (yes you can do that in pretty much every game nowdays) and you HAVE TO do that (being "forced" to hear footsteps in order to determine enemy position is an hardcore realistic game feature)

    So you happy about this "realistic" change that may actually affect some players not used to it but still spam every thread with how much this game never been realistic when people wish to see more historical accurate enviroment that would affect none

    Is this logic enough for you? Or we never understand each other as usual?

    Anyway, BF is not realistic at all and that's why it still has 3D spotting (an inbuilt wallhack that you dont even need to watch minimap in bottom left/right because you have all enemies spotted in the world just by spamming Q around) and it has hitmarkers telling you from which direction you being shot SO it makes me laugh that you tell other people how to play game, to get high quality headphones and **** when its actually not needed at all... removing minimap autospotting is pointless with all the other **** available to spot enemies still in

    In Battlefield you're not FORCED to do it - and in case you haven't noticed, there have been many BF titles WITHOUT audible spotting of an enemy on the minimap when they shoot.

    Getting rid of said 2D spotting does not FORCE you to listen for footsteps. You could see people 200m away with 2D spotting, but you're not going to hear their footsteps, that's an entirely unrelated issue that you're trying to correlate - that because 2D spotting is removed, that now you'll "HAVE to listen for footsteps".

    I'm not happy 2D spotting was removed "because it's realistic" - I'm happy it was removed because it was a hand-holding feature that penalized people for shooting - IN A ***ING SHOOTING GAME. I could honestly give a flying *** about realism in a video game franchise I've been playing for near 15 years that has NEVER been realistic.

    Please, I already stated my exact reasons for why I think it's a good idea auditory spotting is gone, and NONE of those reasons had anything to do with "realism" whatsoever - so no, I'm not happy with that "logic", because that "logic" is non-existent.

    And 3D spotting isn't anywhere near as ridiculous a concept as auditory spotting that penalizes people for shooting in a shooting game. At least to be 3D spotted, especially in BF1, someone has to PHYSICALLY SEE YOU and press the spotting button, and now will be removed from the spotted player if the person that spotted them loses line of sight. With auditory spotting, you literally just shoot your gun and anyone looking at the minimap in your surrounding area can instantly see your exact location when you fire, and anyone looking at the big map can see where you are when you fire no matter how far away they are. The person looking at the minimap doesn't even have to know you're there, doesn't need to even have a line of sight on you - you just shoot, and bam, your position is relayed directly to them with absolutely no effort on their part whatsoever.

    I don't like 3D spotting either, and would love if it was removed, but removing auditory spotting is a step in the right direction for DICE.

    The HUD shouldn't be emulating situational awareness for you.

    Not only that, but they can even tell the exact direction that said shooter is facing, regardless of distance or line of sight. Even in a high intensity shootout with multiple team mates on both sides and clearly defined front lines, this is a severe penalty for simply firing your gun.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »

    This was one of the things I REALLY hated in BF3 and BF4. I'm glad it is gone. Now there might actually be some tactics involved in BF instead of just running towards the red triangles on the minimap.

    Then what would be the point of using silencers?

    Maybe for their actual intended purpose? Not giving away your position via sound.

    But silenced weapons still make sounds.
    There's a difference between realism and authenticity.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    wildcardx wrote: »
    I will miss being able to bait people though. Almost as fun as doing happy birthday with tanks.

    I would actually be ok with some type of heat map spotting on the mini map. Or again some way to ping the mini map for my squad/team.

    The way I see it, it is very practical to have your location shown from the sound of a gun. You telling me that if I shot a gun behind you, that you wouldn't know where it came from?

    Are you telling me that if someone shot a gun to the northwest of you, 75-100m away, that you would be able to tell the EXACT location they shot said gun? What about 300m? or 700?

    That's not "practical" at all - there's not a human on this planet that can locate someone's EXACT POSITION from dozens to hundreds of meters away from the sound of a gunshot. You have to remember, that in BF4 you can bring up the "big map" and see blips of people shooting from all the way across the map, no matter how far away from them you are.
    AMEN2THAT wrote: »
    Even if they kept audio spotting the same you'd still be at a sound disadvantage with ear buds because you cant read the direction sounds like footsteps and tank engines are coming from.
    Lmao

    You guys spamming whole threads with "BF is not realistic game and all", now you want us to ear footsteps and all like we playing in some tactical realistic shooter WHILE we actually playing a fast paced arcade game with run-n-spray and vehicles all around and explosions everywhere (and maybe some players are also in VoIP channels or listening music while playing)

    Removing minimap spotting is a realistic feature but yall super happy about it, when its about more historically accurate details that dont affect any1's style to play yall go emo saying BF is not meant to be a realistic game... the fanboysm is strong around here, objectivty = 0

    Listening to footsteps like some tactical shooter? I do the same thing in Call of Duty, Counter Strike, and Overwatch.

    Running up to a corner and hearing footsteps, waiting behind said corner and surprising the guy when you know he's close because you can HEAR him walking is not something that is restricted to "realistic tactical shooters".

    Every FPS game nowadays has audible footsteps that can be used for an advantage. Call of Duty, which is NOT a tactical shooter, has entire MECHANICS built around better hearing footsteps, or not allowing your footsteps to be heard by enemies.

    I mean, your logic is just ridiculous. Implying that we want a "realistic tactical game" just because we wear headphones and can tell to stay away from a certain area because we can hear the direction a tank engine is coming from is absolutely stupid.

    You like calling people stupid and CAPS words like you are so smart. You are very arrogant and think your **** don't stink.

    Yes it's practical for a trained person to identify where shots are coming from. You don't have a minimap next to you when you roam around walmart at midnight, yet here it's in the game. So please just give your ARROGANT RANT a rest.

    I'm not calling you stupid, I'm calling your argument stupid. And I'm not doing so because I'm arrogant or because I "think I'm so smart", I'm do so because your argument is stupid. This is common knowledge we're talking about here.

    Your earbud was not made for listening to in-game sound in stereo, that was specifically designed to be multi-direction. Sorry, but that stock PS4 earbud "headset" is made for talking to your friends.

    Sorry, but arguing that games should be designed around working with stock communication headsets, so that anyone wearing a mono communication headset can hear at the same level of quality as someone using a stereo headset, is just stupid. You're going to be at a disadvantage whether there's minimap spotting or not.

    I have no idea what your "walking around Wal Mart at midnight" example was supposed to mean, but there is nobody on this planet that can pinpoint the EXACT location of a gunshot 100m away just by the sound of it. They may be able to pinpoint the direction it's coming from or how far away the shot was, but not the exact location. That's just ridiculous.

    It looks like you've run out of arguments so you've resorted to calling me arrogant and ignoring what I've said altogether.
    AMEN2THAT wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Listening to footsteps like some tactical shooter? I do the same thing in Call of Duty, Counter Strike, and Overwatch.

    Running up to a corner and hearing footsteps, waiting behind said corner and surprising the guy when you know he's close because you can HEAR him walking is not something that is restricted to "realistic tactical shooters".

    Every FPS game nowadays has audible footsteps that can be used for an advantage. Call of Duty, which is NOT a tactical shooter, has entire MECHANICS built around better hearing footsteps, or not allowing your footsteps to be heard by enemies.

    I mean, your logic is just ridiculous. Implying that we want a "realistic tactical game" just because we wear headphones and can tell to stay away from a certain area because we can hear the direction a tank engine is coming from is absolutely stupid.
    Theres a big difference between you CAN do that (yes you can do that in pretty much every game nowdays) and you HAVE TO do that (being "forced" to hear footsteps in order to determine enemy position is an hardcore realistic game feature)

    So you happy about this "realistic" change that may actually affect some players not used to it but still spam every thread with how much this game never been realistic when people wish to see more historical accurate enviroment that would affect none

    Is this logic enough for you? Or we never understand each other as usual?

    Anyway, BF is not realistic at all and that's why it still has 3D spotting (an inbuilt wallhack that you dont even need to watch minimap in bottom left/right because you have all enemies spotted in the world just by spamming Q around) and it has hitmarkers telling you from which direction you being shot SO it makes me laugh that you tell other people how to play game, to get high quality headphones and **** when its actually not needed at all... removing minimap autospotting is pointless with all the other **** available to spot enemies still in

    In Battlefield you're not FORCED to do it - and in case you haven't noticed, there have been many BF titles WITHOUT audible spotting of an enemy on the minimap when they shoot.

    Getting rid of said 2D spotting does not FORCE you to listen for footsteps. You could see people 200m away with 2D spotting, but you're not going to hear their footsteps, that's an entirely unrelated issue that you're trying to correlate - that because 2D spotting is removed, that now you'll "HAVE to listen for footsteps".

    I'm not happy 2D spotting was removed "because it's realistic" - I'm happy it was removed because it was a hand-holding feature that penalized people for shooting - IN A ***ING SHOOTING GAME. I could honestly give a flying *** about realism in a video game franchise I've been playing for near 15 years that has NEVER been realistic.

    Please, I already stated my exact reasons for why I think it's a good idea auditory spotting is gone, and NONE of those reasons had anything to do with "realism" whatsoever - so no, I'm not happy with that "logic", because that "logic" is non-existent.

    And 3D spotting isn't anywhere near as ridiculous a concept as auditory spotting that penalizes people for shooting in a shooting game. At least to be 3D spotted, especially in BF1, someone has to PHYSICALLY SEE YOU and press the spotting button, and now will be removed from the spotted player if the person that spotted them loses line of sight. With auditory spotting, you literally just shoot your gun and anyone looking at the minimap in your surrounding area can instantly see your exact location when you fire, and anyone looking at the big map can see where you are when you fire no matter how far away they are. The person looking at the minimap doesn't even have to know you're there, doesn't need to even have a line of sight on you - you just shoot, and bam, your position is relayed directly to them with absolutely no effort on their part whatsoever.

    I don't like 3D spotting either, and would love if it was removed, but removing auditory spotting is a step in the right direction for DICE.

    The HUD shouldn't be emulating situational awareness for you.

    Wow you have the audacity to say I don't listen to you yet you bring up black and white tv vs 4k systems as an example? Please your counter is stupid and meaningless.

    Again you can't be judging what is practical or not when you are talking about listening for footsteps in a middle of a firefight. I see the fact you are so pationate about this is because you like to run around and fire you gun like a madman and obviously get **** when a group of soldiers destroy you because you gave up your position.

    Part of the game is being able to be stealthy and not give up your positon....you should be awarded for that and penalized for shooting like a fool.

    You say it takes away the hand holding, I say it lowers peoples skill since now they can shoot like monkey.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    Lordmang4 wrote: »

    This was one of the things I REALLY hated in BF3 and BF4. I'm glad it is gone. Now there might actually be some tactics involved in BF instead of just running towards the red triangles on the minimap.

    Then what would be the point of using silencers?

    Maybe for their actual intended purpose? Not giving away your position via sound.

    But silenced weapons still make sounds.
    There's a difference between realism and authenticity.

    Silenced weapons do make sound, but at a drastically lower volume. The sound frequency is even drastically different. At 20m you can't outright tell the general direction. You may know from behind and left, but at what distance? high? low?

    You should stop by a gun range sometime.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

    Wow you have the audacity to say I don't listen to you yet you bring up black and white tv vs 4k systems as an example? Please your counter is stupid and meaningless.

    Again you can't be judging what is practical or not when you are talking about listening for footsteps in a middle of a firefight. I see the fact you are so pationate about this is because you like to run around and fire you gun like a madman and obviously get **** when a group of soldiers destroy you because you gave up your position.

    Part of the game is being able to be stealthy and not give up your positon....you should be awarded for that and penalized for shooting like a fool.

    lmfao, I can tell that you didn't listen to me - because FOR THE THIRD ****ING TIME - I DIDN'T BRING UP THE 4k TV VS BLACK AND WHITE TV ARGUMENT, THAT WAS B3ANTOWN__B3A5T ON PAGE 2

    ^^^ Can you read that yet? Or should I underline it and add 14 exclamation points? Literally my last post to you, I said the exact same thing - so how am I NOT supposed to assume you're not reading what I'm saying at all?

    Also, it doesn't matter if you're in the middle of a firefight - footsteps are loud enough in this game that you can hear them while you're shooting, while you're in a tank, etc. That is - if you have a decent headset, unlike yourself.

    And I also don't "run around and fire my gun like a madman" - go check my top weapons, they're all sniper rifles with 35-40+% accuracy - then go check my Recon loadout, I guarantee it's a sniper rifle with a Prisma 3.4x, silencer, laser, and straight pull. You're just pulling random (false) information out of your *** because you, again, have no actual retort to what I've been saying. Sorry if you can't handle criticism.

    lmao, and part of this game is about being stealthy? This is a run-n-gun arcade shooter, and always has been. Again, there were PLENTY of BF games where 2D auditory spotting doesn't even exist.

    Your logic is completely unfounded - you're saying you should be penalized for "shooting like a fool", when you're penalized for shooting without a suppressor in literally every situation, stealthy or not. The guys that run around like rambo aren't the only ones being penalized, literally anyone that fires a gun at any time without a suppressor are being penalized as well - as well as vehicles.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    Lordmang4 wrote: »

    This was one of the things I REALLY hated in BF3 and BF4. I'm glad it is gone. Now there might actually be some tactics involved in BF instead of just running towards the red triangles on the minimap.

    Then what would be the point of using silencers?

    Maybe for their actual intended purpose? Not giving away your position via sound.

    But silenced weapons still make sounds.
    There's a difference between realism and authenticity.

    Silenced weapons do make sound, but at a drastically lower volume. The sound frequency is even drastically different. At 20m you can't outright tell the general direction. You may know from behind and left, but at what distance? high? low?

    You should stop by a gun range sometime.

    Sounds to me that BF isn't the game for you. You don't like minimaps, aim assist, or killcams.
    Have you tried ARMA? You may find it more to your liking.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2016
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    Lordmang4 wrote: »

    This was one of the things I REALLY hated in BF3 and BF4. I'm glad it is gone. Now there might actually be some tactics involved in BF instead of just running towards the red triangles on the minimap.

    Then what would be the point of using silencers?

    Maybe for their actual intended purpose? Not giving away your position via sound.

    But silenced weapons still make sounds.
    There's a difference between realism and authenticity.

    Silenced weapons do make sound, but at a drastically lower volume. The sound frequency is even drastically different. At 20m you can't outright tell the general direction. You may know from behind and left, but at what distance? high? low?

    You should stop by a gun range sometime.

    Sounds to me that BF isn't the game for you. You don't like minimaps, aim assist, or killcams.
    Have you tried ARMA? You may find it more to your liking.

    I've tried BF classic mode for at least 10+ years. You know 1942, Vietnam, BF2, BF2142.

    And yes, I've played Arma for your information. Pretty cool game once you get somewhere.

    BTW, I play PC. Aim assist has never been a thing on PC.
  • wildcardx
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    "Lordmang4 wrote: »
    Sounds to me that BF isn't the game for you. You don't like minimaps, aim assist, or killcams.
    Have you tried ARMA? You may find it more to your liking.

    I admit defeat. You are right. We have to continue to push BF to hold our hands. Aim assist will now become auto aim, Maps must display all player locations at all times. And not only will the kill cam show you where your enemy is, It will now guide you to him while keeping you out of site. And when someone disagrees we will bring up an entirely unrelated game that has nothing to do with past or present BF titles. Our march to the perfect game where no one ever looses and everyone is mvp continues.

  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    .

    And I also don't "run around and fire my gun like a madman" - go check my top weapons, they're all sniper rifles with 35-40+% accuracy - then go check my Recon loadout, I guarantee it's a sniper rifle with a Prisma 3.4x, silencer, laser, and straight pull. You're just pulling random (false) information out of your ***
    No not random, it's called an assumption, and I wasn't too far off. Instead of being a guy running around like a mad man, you're a camping sniper who gets mad that after missing his target numerous times he gets killed by thr enemy because he is on everyones mini map. Out of all people, you would think that stealth would be your number one priority....instead it's rage quitting 30% of the time.

    Yes it's pretty obvious why you hate being on the minimap.....maybe you just need to be more strategic. And please don't call yourself and aggressive sniper, there is nothing in your stats that suggest you are....you are insulting people like B2tchwood.

    PS- the game is not a run and gun arcade. Outside of TDM, it is a objective oriented game. You tend to put all FPS games in one huge bucket.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    wildcardx wrote: »
    "Lordmang4 wrote: »
    Sounds to me that BF isn't the game for you. You don't like minimaps, aim assist, or killcams.
    Have you tried ARMA? You may find it more to your liking.

    I admit defeat. You are right. We have to continue to push BF to hold our hands. Aim assist will now become auto aim, Maps must display all player locations at all times. And not only will the kill cam show you where your enemy is, It will now guide you to him while keeping you out of site. And when someone disagrees we will bring up an entirely unrelated game that has nothing to do with past or present BF titles. Our march to the perfect game where no one ever looses and everyone is mvp continues.

    Someone else in another thread mentioned that older BF games used to have these types of gameplay elements that you and some others wish future BF games to implement again.
    OK. I get it. You're nostalgic for what BF used to be and don't like where it is and where it's going.
    We can agree to disagree then.
    In the meantime, I'll enjoy playing BF1 and BF4.
  • wildcardx
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well in that case I'll agree to agree to disagree while I hopefully enjoy BF1. As for 4...wait did you say ARMA was on sale? WTF am I doing here...
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    .

    And I also don't "run around and fire my gun like a madman" - go check my top weapons, they're all sniper rifles with 35-40+% accuracy - then go check my Recon loadout, I guarantee it's a sniper rifle with a Prisma 3.4x, silencer, laser, and straight pull. You're just pulling random (false) information out of your ***
    No not random, it's called an assumption, and I wasn't too far off. Instead of being a guy running around like a mad man, you're a camping sniper who gets mad that after missing his target numerous times he gets killed by thr enemy because he is on everyones mini map. Out of all people, you would think that stealth would be your number one priority....instead it's rage quitting 30% of the time.

    Yes it's pretty obvious why you hate being on the minimap.....maybe you just need to be more strategic. And please don't call yourself and aggressive sniper, there is nothing in your stats that suggest you are....you are insulting people like B2tchwood.

    PS- the game is not a run and gun arcade. Outside of TDM, it is a objective oriented game. You tend to put all FPS games in one huge bucket.

    kek, you think I'm a camping sniper when I use a 3.4x sight, a laser, and a suppressor? and have 1+KPM with most of my rifles? You've gone straight from assumptions to just talking bull***.

    I am an aggressive sniper - about as aggressive as they come. I'm in a BF4 platoon almost entirely made up of aggro snipers, whose leader/creator is the #1 Aggro sniper on Xbone, and is #1 in sniper rifle kills on Xbone. You're really trying to go off on me about not being an aggressive sniper when you have 1 Recon service star in BF4 and your performance with bolt-actions is abysmal? I'm assuming you haven't seen my participation in sniper threads on this forum where I also state that I detest camping long-range snipers? Or maybe the scope glint thread where I said the notion that scope glint was implemented to balance long-range snipers was dumb because it also affects aggro snipers and screws us much more than it screws bushwookies?

    Sure, B2tchwood is great, but you don't have to be on his level to be considered an aggro sniper.

    This is pathetic - you went from trying to back up your argument - to straight up shooting personal attacks and childish jabs at me (like they matter) because you literally can't come up with anything better or constructive to say. Either stop talking out of your ***, or just don't say anything at all.

    (P.S. I've been playing these games for 14 years, nearly 15, and they are most definitely run-n-gun. Just because the most popular gametypes are objective gametypes doesn't change that. Call of Duty's most popular gametype is Domination, and it's still a run-n-gun arcade shooter. I'm going to assume you don't know the difference between an arcade shooter and a tactical shooter. Both revolve around objectives, both play extremely different from each other. Battlefield is and always has been an arcade shooter)
  • x-GUTB-x
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Good lord....you guys DO know why audio spotting was removed?

    BECAUSE THERE ARE NO SILENCERS!

    This "improvement" is really just a concession Dice is making due to the fact that there won't be any silencers in the game.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    x-GUTB-x wrote: »
    Good lord....you guys DO know why audio spotting was removed?

    BECAUSE THERE ARE NO SILENCERS!

    This "improvement" is really just a concession Dice is making due to the fact that there won't be any silencers in the game.

    Did anybody suggest otherwise?
  • S1ngular1ty
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited June 2016
    I love how all the people with zero situational awareness are mad that this stupid feature was removed.

    If you relied on this feature you are a bad player to begin with. It is a great thing that it has been removed.

    It was basically a wallhack that showed you exactly where all enemies were when they fired a gun.
  • heast1
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Are you trying to convince me (or anyone else), that a First-Person Shooter...is not about shooting?

    exactly. it was a mouse control game in the past, but dev changed it on purpose in so many ways so that casuals can tie with skilled players. do you remember this golden age where you could quick scope, where you had a perfect visual contrast, and where cat's eyes could react to movement detection? this has gone. what it tends to be now is not a FPS, but a rock-paper-scissors game, where random situational context matters more than reflexes and mouse control.
    from my point of view, i like the idea it is not only centered about mouse control, and it is not only a random fest for casuals, but that remains a very tiny part of strategy to please my mind, in which the minimap is a key element.

Sign In or Register to comment.