Last Battlefield to have Custom Servers?

SgtOpt
47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Posted this in the RSP forum as well. I am interested in people's thoughts.

Does anyone else see this move of control by EA/Dice to be a similar move that the COD series did several years ago? They move slowly to take more and more control out of the hands of the admin and then guess what you end up with? A lobby system! This move by EA/Dice and the lack of control they are giving to server admins with this looks strangely familiar to me.

Comments

• SuperKoopaTroopr
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What was the last battlefield before EA purchased Dice?
  • SgtOpt
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Battlefield 2. Came out June 21, 2005. EA didnt acquire Dice until Oct 2, 2006. They owned majority of shares on March 31, 2005. Are you saying that BF2 was the last good servers? Not sure where you are going with that question.
  • SuperKoopaTroopr
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SgtOpt wrote: »

Battlefield 2. Came out June 21, 2005. EA didnt acquire Dice until Oct 2, 2006. They owned majority of shares on March 31, 2005. Are you saying that BF2 was the last good servers? Not sure where you are going with that question.

I'm saying mods, custom servers and innovation in gameplay died when EA purchased dice and started making broad stroke games that reach the broadest audience but lack depth beyond waiting for DLC and the next patch.
  • bulletsearl
    1110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Look at Command&Conquer. EA ruined the whole franchise. We can celebrate to even get patches after release in BF!