Weekly BF

Africa Servers

Comments

• CHRISinSE
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have made a new discussion in Answer HQ, if we can also discuss the server problem there, EA will probably or eventually give "answers" here is the link-http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FEEDBACK-SOUTH-AFRICAN-SERVERS/td-p/5699204
    SpectaJin wrote: »
    Mierleeu wrote: »
    I think we have grounds to open a case of fraud with the SAPS. EA is wilfully withholding information because they're worried an honest answer will impact sales in this region.

I am definately on board.

This is just crazy, the fact that they have not even provided information regarding when they will give information. SOON is an indefinite time in the future that really does not give any insight to when and the fact that they are not reaching out to this community is alarming to me.

Agreed.

This is complete bulls***. I remember when this tread started there was a glimmer of hope, and now I'm not so sure anymore... And the EA support guys OMF!
  • igloonaut
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    StangV2_0 wrote: »
    And this is how EA support answers your query. And I was polite as possible.

For the record, their advice was to post in the forums.. yeah ok..

Same issue here. EA is blatantly ignoring refund requests even though the game is non-playable:

WgBI2l3.png

This is disgusting, they have not fully released the game so how can the 14 days limit kick-in as the server rental system has not been completely rolled out or confirmed. I say you have a good case to demand a refund based on that argument alone. Your other option is to speak to your credit card company and see what options you have for a reversal of funds, as most card companies afford you some protection against unethical vendors. Chat to your card company and see what they offer. Also I am quite sure that the CPA must offer local consumers a level of protection too, which may have bigger ramifications for EA and Origin locally.

I wasn't so polite in my approach to them and pretty much got similar treatment, being pointed to this very forum where I was told to plead my case, this is clearly a tactic to delay refund requests and steal our money, because if you think about it that's exactly what they are doing. And you also have to ask yourself why digital downloads are the same price as buying the game in retail, there is no material costs, you in fact carry the cost of the data usage and secondly retailers mark their products up usually by around 40%, what we have here is price-fixing!!!

Don't leave it here guys, take it to their Facebook page, Twitter or any social platforms you have where Dice, EA or Battlefield are represented. We want servers locally and if you don't give us local servers we want refunds, as the product is not fully supported in the South African market.
  • SpectaJin
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    igloonaut wrote: »
    And this is how EA support answers your query. And I was polite as possible.

For the record, their advice was to post in the forums.. yeah ok..

Same issue here. EA is blatantly ignoring refund requests even though the game is non-playable:

WgBI2l3.png

This is disgusting, they have not fully released the game so how can the 14 days limit kick-in as the server rental system has not been completely rolled out or confirmed. I say you have a good case to demand a refund based on that argument alone. Your other option is to speak to your credit card company and see what options you have for a reversal of funds, as most card companies afford you some protection against unethical vendors. Chat to your card company and see what they offer. Also I am quite sure that the CPA must offer local consumers a level of protection too, which may have bigger ramifications for EA and Origin locally.

I wasn't so polite in my approach to them and pretty much got similar treatment, being pointed to this very forum where I was told to plead my case, this is clearly a tactic to delay refund requests and steal our money, because if you think about it that's exactly what they are doing. And you also have to ask yourself why digital downloads are the same price as buying the game in retail, there is no material costs, you in fact carry the cost of the data usage and secondly retailers mark their products up usually by around 40%, what we have here is price-fixing!!!

Don't leave it here guys, take it to their Facebook page, Twitter or any social platforms you have where Dice, EA or Battlefield are represented. We want servers locally and if you don't give us local servers we want refunds, as the product is not fully supported in the South African market.

Can I get an AMEN!
  • MAGNUSDUCTOR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To the people who got him to ask this, good work!! We are getting somewhere.

Now we just need to persuade him to make a video after he realizes RSA also had servers for BF3 and BF4.
  • -Q-DoePa
    89 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Now we just need to persuade him to make a video after he realizes RSA also had servers for BF3 and BF4.

And don't forget BFH. It had the "Africa" setting and we had servers in South Africa. The Beta had the Africa setting in BF1, so "any reasonable person" would assume that we would have servers in South Africa. EA made the game available in South Africa and at NO stage issued a disclaimer to say that if you purchase this game you would only be able to play on internationally hosted servers. So, I reckon that we have recourse against EA and that if we were to actually pursue this, they would not have a leg to stand on.
  • SpectaJin
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

He just has. Chats a little about us at 9m35s. Thanks Jack! We owe you!

Wow that was amazing! Thanks @JackFrags
  • Alfr3d_za
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have Battlefield 1 and also a loyal supporter of the franchise. Please give us servers....
  • SpottiePottie
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016

He just has. Gives us a very strong bump at 9m35s. Thanks Jack! We owe you!

SpectaJin wrote: »

He just has. Chats a little about us at 9m35s. Thanks Jack! We owe you!

Wow that was amazing! Thanks @JackFrags

Thanks @JackFrags really appreciate it.
  • hhhassasin6
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    JACKFRAGS mentioned this issue on his video, its very annoying so far that we didnt get servers, playing on EU servers with a christmas tree lighting on the right of your screen is annoying AF, hope dice listens to us soon tho!!!
  • D33m0n
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    So disappointed, pre-ordered and paid before the announcement was made about the custom servers, finished the single player campaign in 3 hours coz I took my time - tried playing a few online matches : forced to use EU servers ... Really ?? Please tell me there are going to be SA servers at some stage at least - I have been a Battlefield fan from the start and have always pre-ordered - If this is what EA/DICE is doing going forward - I would rather pirate the game for the single player campaign and uninstall after finishing it - But this is not why we play Battlefield.
  • TheRealWitblitz
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    *sigh*
  • tWRX_ZA
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi all. I would like to inform you that a friend of mine is in the process of engaging Legal action against EA/DICE pertaining this information. He registered a domain and are starting a kick starter project for acquiring funds.

I will post more information as soon as he gives me the go ahead.

Your not so friendly twrx anymore.
  • M3teora
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    tWRX_ZA wrote: »
    Hi all. I would like to inform you that a friend of mine is in the process of engaging Legal action against EA/DICE pertaining this information. He registered a domain and are starting a kick starter project for acquiring funds.

Would be good if you can also involve other affected regions such as Southeast Asia and the Middle East—to garner more support and funds :)
  • tWRX_ZA
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    M3teora wrote: »

Would be good if you can also involve other affected regions such as Southeast Asia and the Middle East—to garner more support and funds :)

I will defnitly mention it to him, however the Lawyer will be doing this under South African Law so international countries might not fall under the suite. However it is good mentioning that. We would also require atleast a thousand affected individuals as this will defnitly strength the case.
  • M3teora
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M3teora wrote: »

I will defnitly mention it to him, however the Lawyer will be doing this under South African Law so international countries might not fall under the suite. However it is good mentioning that. We would also require atleast a thousand affected individuals as this will defnitly strength the case.

Should have more than 1K here...

https://www.change.org/p/daniel-berlin-ea-battlefield-1-privately-hosted-servers
  • SpectaJin
  • zaowuya
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Signed.
  • SpectaJin
    The petition is growing quick!
  • TJn01
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    +1 We need BF1 South Africa servers! We can't enjoy the game with these crazy amounts of lag plus whats worse we paid so much for a game to be able to have these massive online battles but sadly we can't!