Hardcore HUD Far Too Limited (DICE PLEASE ENABLE TEAMMATE ICONS!)

Knotty_Enigma
10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
edited November 2016
I'm happy Hardcore mode is finally here, but the HUD is baron. We should at least be able to see the points for kills, assist, suppression, ect. Also would be nice to see text notification of enemy names when you kill them. Sometimes there is so much going on I miss the chime and I don't know if I got the kill or not.
Post edited by Knotty_Enigma on

Comments

• SilentShot_684j
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I jumped in for the first time tonight, and I really enjoyed the lack of HUD. It gives a very clean feel to the game, and forces you to to focus a little more.
  • Knotty_Enigma
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    I jumped in for the first time tonight, and I really enjoyed the lack of HUD. It gives a very clean feel to the game, and forces you to to focus a little more.

I like the cleanliness, but at times there is too much going on and not knowing if you got a kill can get annoying. At the very least if they added kill notification I'd be happy.
  • Nycerran
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If I hear the sound you also hear after a kill in regular mode , I know I've made a kill.
    It's enough for me.
  • Knotty_Enigma
    Nycerran wrote: »
    If I hear the sound you also hear after a kill in regular mode , I know I've made a kill.
    It's enough for me.

If I'm playing solo and there isn't a ton of explosions, gunfire, my friends being obnoxious, ect, going on I usually here it, but there have been a few times where I've wasted ammo or been shot because I continued firing when I already neutralized the enemy.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There should be a visual kill notifier, and a killfeed.

The rest of the HUD should stay off.
  • Sou-Bot_23
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Ive been waiting for hardcore they gave me snipercore,,,thats my only problem for now those ****** sniper campers.

Maybe with time they gonna fix that.
  • Zinoviev_xP
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i want classic hardcore back ! !

Without HUD is just stupid how many times teammates killed me,
    aiming to check if he's a teammate or not is a waste of time and
    the struggle to play with an squad without knowing where the f**** are they is just stupid.

• SgtFrenchi
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    Its damm easy DICE. Enable Kill feed if you dont like just disable it.

I think we also need name tags form friendly's i'm tired of being TKed over and over by newcomers.

Also there is no any notification when you actually kill a teammate which is absolutely ¯\_(ツ)_/¯... and ont TK should be -200 pts not 50...

Fix your HC mode DICE.
  • 2ix-
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    I love the lack of information on the HUD in Hardcore. In fact, I wish they would remove the Damage Indicators too.
  • jambomakaveli
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Let's be honest.... would it be a problem having a visual indication that you had killed someone?

Exactly like core.... enemy name pops up in red with the points you've received etc.

Oh what's that??? You want a clean hud? Ok... then turn this OPTION off.

My point is, if this was an option..., would the people who had it on be at an advantage? No, I wouldn't think so.

But it would please the people who want it, and those who don't can toggle it off.

It's crazy not knowing if you've killed someone. The sound is very easily missed amongst the chaos of war!
  • SgtFrenchi
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    2ix- wrote: »
    I love the lack of information on the HUD in Hardcore. In fact, I wish they would remove the Damage Indicators too.

what dmg indicators??
  • Theleux
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Some sort of kill log would be nice, but the chime works for me ATM
  • Knotty_Enigma
    Team mate icons need to be turned on. I swear it's like every 3/5 deaths are team kills. Way too many trigger happy players. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ drives me crazy.
  • ABATTLEDONKEY
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Throwing my hat into the "love the lack of HUD" ring. I personally enjoy BF1 hardcore more than any other hardcore from previous titles. Relying on uniforms for identification is so much fun. The uncertainty of killing someone if you diddnt hear the sound; So much fun. The general lack of identification makes it ALOT easier to sneak around and play the flanks. The only thing i dont like is the right click requirement for aiming in tanks, but thats really not a big deal.
  • GreyHound5011
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Does no one look at the color of clothes? Otto's have white robes and are very easy to spot. Germans and Astro always have black on and everyone else is brown the only time you shouldn't be able to tell the difference is pilots
  • Knotty_Enigma
    ITY53 wrote: »
    Does no one look at the color of clothes? Otto's have white robes and are very easy to spot. Germans and Astro always have black on and everyone else is brown the only time you shouldn't be able to tell the difference is pilots

Well apparently not. I personally don't have an issue with identifying who is friendly and who isn't. Though there are a lot of other players that do and I'm tired of getting team killed 10 or more times every game. Never had that issue in any other BF game.

You have players spawning on objectives and immediate start spray n praying on there teammates. It's ridiculous.
  • Sunderbrass
    163 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm really happy with HC just as it is now. Any changes I'd make wouldn't involve adding back any HUD elements.

The teamkilling rodeo will calm down a bit once the mode has been out awhile.
  • SilkWildey
    1033 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ITY53 wrote: »

Well apparently not. I personally don't have an issue with identifying who is friendly and who isn't. Though there are a lot of other players that do and I'm tired of getting team killed 10 or more times every game. Never had that issue in any other BF game.

You have players spawning on objectives and immediate start spray n praying on there teammates. It's ridiculous.

I do this to team mates who don't put respek on my name or when they're eyeballing me.
  • Infinite_12
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm not a huge fan of hardcore modes in general and I tried it in Bf1 and I actually think it's super realistic. I think they should keep it the way it is. You have to pay attention to uniforms. The red and blue markers make it easy mode. They took hardcore mode and kicked it up a notch.
    Nycerran wrote: »
    It's enough for me.

Yes, there's a little chime sound when you get a kill. That should be enough.
  • PlCATlNNY
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Need to be able to see where your squad members are, I love HC but unfortunately squad play is very difficult in its current status.