Weekly Debrief

AT Mines nerfed

daNkyoUGod
97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Why?.. I understand that placing the mines takes longer now. I'm fine with that. But a damage nerf? Really? Mines were my #1 used gadget & now I probably won't use them anymore cause 3 mines just scratch heavy armor now.

Another nerf no one asked for. Thanks for making one of the most useful assault gadgets useless. Sincerely f u

Comments

• HoppHead_IPA
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yup. If my team won't help me take out a tank I resort to AT mines...... not anymore.
  • McBain04
    50 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Generally, if I encounter a tank at an objective.... I go to a different objective.
  • daNkyoUGod
    McBain04 wrote: »
    Generally, if I encounter a tank at an objective.... I go to a different objective.
    I feel that. Mines used to give us a 50/50 chance now it's just a bee sting to anyone who knows how to use heavy armor.
  • daNkyoUGod
    edited November 2016
    About as useless as dynamite now.
    I understand the need to not allow a single AT player solo a heavy tank.

But damn is it disheartening to blow 3 dynamite charges and 2 anti tank grenades just to have a disable that can be instantly repaired

Seriously dude. It's so frustrating seeing a tank getting hit by 3 mines, 2 AT nades, 1 light AT nade then having to put 2+ AT rockets into it. If there is a time to say heavy tanks are op. Now is the time.
  • Mas4evar
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's like if the devs said, oh goody the heavy tank isn't OP enough, let's make it even more OP.
  • TheDoctorUnknown
    481 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Considering they are rather hard to see i actually think it is fair that they don't deal that much damage anymore. On maps like Amiens they were basically impossible to see due to all the fog, gas grenades lingering in the air and the reflection of water etc.. With dynamic weather it was next to impossible to see them, even if you actively looked for them. They should do lots of damage, i agree, but definitely not OHK light tanks and almost kill heavy tanks.
    Don't know about deploytime tho. It was kinda unfair towards tanks as you could basically kill any tank with the instant mines into nade.
  • TheDoctorUnknown
    481 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Mas4evar wrote: »
    It's like if the devs said, oh goody the heavy tank isn't OP enough, let's make it even more OP.

I don't think the have intended to make heavy tanks better, rather make other tanks stronger again. Pre-patch AT mines OHKed light tanks and landships i believe while being nearly invisble and deployable instantly.
    Agreed tho, it makes heavy tanks even stronger, which is not the right way to go.
  • furleys_ascot
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I routinely destroy heavy tanks with 3 at mines. If a tank is moving through where your mines are placed and is just "barely getting scratched", its obviously not hitting all the mines. I generally cluster 3 mines together in a triangle pattern where they are roughly 2 feet from each other. I see a lot of mine placement far too spread out as players try to cover far to large an area.
  • daNkyoUGod
    I routinely destroy heavy tanks with 3 at mines. If a tank is moving through where your mines are placed and is just "barely getting scratched", its obviously not hitting all the mines. I generally cluster 3 mines together in a triangle pattern where they are roughly 2 feet from each other. I see a lot of mine placement far too spread out as players try to cover far to large an area.
    You think I don't know this? I put all 3 mines on top of each other like an IED. It doesn't do anything anymore.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When was this at mine nerf? I was using mines a lot last night and got a ton of kills
  • daNkyoUGod
    Mas4evar wrote: »

I don't think the have intended to make heavy tanks better, rather make other tanks stronger again. Pre-patch AT mines OHKed light tanks and landships i believe while being nearly invisble and deployable instantly.
    Agreed tho, it makes heavy tanks even stronger, which is not the right way to go.

If a heavy tanker can go 70+ - 0 I think OHK mines are fine for heavy armor.
  • Smaisteri
    396 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Mines nerfed? YES!!! Justice has been served. Nothing is more cheesy than an insta-death out of nowhere. Mines were the UCAV of BF1.

If you are looking to put out a tank off its misery then you should at least see some effort and a touch of skill instead of plopping down a few pancakes and wait for a free kill.
  • Texas_Ace_80
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    3 mines have ALWAYS killed a heavy vehicle at 100% and always should.

Why on earth would DICE change this?

It's not like it only takes 1 mine to kill a heavy tank, it takes all the mines that you're allowed to carry.

Once again, this is DICE overreacting and going to extremes when it absolutely wasn't necessary.

And how are tank players going to complain about this? I mean, they already get to repair the tank from INSIDE the vehicle itself, and yet they're still crying about taking damage from AT gadgets? These are the weakest AT gadgets that we've seen in BF since I've been playing this game.

I started on Bad Company 1 and have played every BF since. Every iteration of BF in between BC1 to now gave you a projectile weapon and mines that all did respectable damage. But on BF1, you Rocket Gun only does damage in the teens, the dynamite doesn't stick to vehicles like C4 did, and now 3 AT mines aren't enough to kill a heavy tank on 100%?

Looks to me like this game was geared more to helping the tanks but yet they're still complaining?

SMH.
  • daNkyoUGod
    When was this at mine nerf? I was using mines a lot last night and got a ton of kills

They did it when they added the time it takes to put the mines down.
  • Scruffy_McGuffy
    504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What is this alleged nerf being talked about?
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    daNkyoUGod wrote: »

They did it when they added the time it takes to put the mines down.

Which was when? Today? Hotfix? I haven't seen patch notes on this
  • SilentShot_684j
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I feel like I was OHK'ing tanks last night, even heavy ones. I do agree tanks need a hard counter, and mines were that. With the ability to repair from inside the tank, and some having a insta-repair there is nothing out there to take out tanks. People were already calling tanks OP pre-patch, with the only anti-tank gadget to actually do damage to tanks now nerfed (if it is actually nerfed) I think things may be out of wack.