DirectX Function Error (Nvidia) - Are you actually serious EA? ( 28.03.17 - 21:34 CEST )

Comments

• TheProneAnt
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    I did preorder the game and haven't touched it in weeks now due to the crashes being so frustrating. It's great seeing friends playing the game and not being able to join in for the fun. Like seriously, fix it please!

Whoever says with DX12 mode you get no loss hasn't tested thoroughly. As soon as the fog kicks in on some maps you get a serious FPS drop down to the sub 40s.
  • MassacreO_O
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I did preorder the game and haven't touched it in weeks now due to the crashes being so frustrating. It's great seeing friends playing the game and not being able to join in for the fun. Like seriously, fix it please!

Whoever says with DX12 mode you get no loss hasn't tested thoroughly. As soon as the fog kicks in on some maps you get a serious FPS drop down to the sub 40s.
    I did notice on Empires Edge looking from one side of the map to the other when the fog rolls in my FPS would drop down to 50 - 55 fps. Only on that particular flag though. Apart from that, i get some stuttering when each map first loads up (first 30 - 60 seconds) but everything else has run sweet 59fps stable regardless.
    Texture Quality High
    Texture Filtering High
    Everything else Medium
    AA Off
    Ambient Occlusion Off.

• Gizmo-CH-
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Same Problem here:
    Intel i7 4790K @ 4.6Ghz
    Asrock Z97 Extreme 4
    16GB RAM 2400Mhz Kingston
    2x Asus GTX770 2GB DirectCU II OC (Same Error with only one installed)
    Open Beta => Null Problemo
    18.10.2016: Pre-Order installation => DirectX Error in every second Round

Since then, over 20 hours of testing, reading, reinstall Windows 10 64-bit... tried everything

17.11.2016: My NEW! Gigabyte GTX 1070 Xtreme Gaming is arrived.
    All "old" Drivers deinstalled, physically removed the 770's, installed physically the 1070, reinstalled 375.70 Driver, later updated to 810Mhz Ram-Speed Driver 375.86 => back to 375.70. Now Driver 375.95..... => I can't write it..... I don't wan't to write it..... It's terrible..
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SAME PROBLEM IN FIRST ROUND!!! DirectX ERROR !!!!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Thanks to Nvidia for more Frames, but someone must fix that problem. Your reputation suffers from some customers!!! :'(
  • Masor1
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have the flickering issue and disabling the multi gpu to fix that and hasnt crashed once thus far and played for a while normally crashes a canny bit but since disabling multi-gpu to resolve the flickering issue aitn crashed once. Dunno if this has been mentioned before
  • CIREZ____RU
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    after 3 minutes play again error, annoying me
  • Scorpion-RS-BR
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi guys. I had just installed the new nvidia drivers.
    Did anyone test that already????

• Timbo196
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So finally upgrading to a gtx 1070 fixed it for me. Sorry guys. I wish you luck and will follow this thread with you.
  • Tr0lling-Fighter
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Timbo196 wrote: »
    So finally upgrading to a gtx 1070 fixed it for me. Sorry guys. I wish you luck and will follow this thread with you.

I think i'll do the same
  • Castell400
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ok, me and my friend have the same system:
    i5 2500K, 8Gb
    He have: Zotac 560 Ti OC 1Gb, and don't have any crashes, stutters on low-medium settings.
    Me: Zotac 770 4Gb, and have DirectX crash every 60-10 minutes...
    Meh...
  • trig0tron
    324 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I am rank 75 and have never had a BF1 crash until after the recent patch last week.

Now, I am getting DX errors in every other game. I am quite sure the DX error has something to do with battlepack skins.
  • B3dr0ck1999
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Anybody already tried to ask a big Battlefield YouTuber to talk about that?
  • NEGAHN
    213 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I used to have a lot of Dx crashes. 2 days ago I enabled Dx 12 and disabled Origin in-game. Since then, i played for more than 10 hours without a single crash. So i believe Dx 12 is GTX 770 compatible, the only downside was that i had everything on med-high before and now i have everything on medium due to a little fps drop. Cant go any simple than that. i7-6700k, SSD, GTX 770 2mb and 16gb ddr4.
  • IsmaelZ
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not to get ahead of myself, but what fixed this error for me so far was buying a GTX1070 after I gave up waiting and trying.

Not everyone can do that, and no one should have to if the GTX680 and others are within the game's recommended specs. I just couldn't handle the frustration anymore.
  • bf234
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    New Nvidia driver out, 375.95. Any improvements?
  • Zeddsworth
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I used to have a lot of Dx crashes. 2 days ago I enabled Dx 12 and disabled Origin in-game. Since then, i played for more than 10 hours without a single crash. So i believe Dx 12 is GTX 770 compatible, the only downside was that i had everything on med-high before and now i have everything on medium due to a little fps drop. Cant go any simple than that. i7-6700k, SSD, GTX 770 2mb and 16gb ddr4.

Weird, I always have Origin disabled but turning on DX12 for me gives me stuttering, input lag, and it seems like it makes the game crash even faster.
  • JanneAir
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Okay. Third and final time I'll ask you guys this: Have you tried disabling sounds from origin? All the notifications, mic and speaker sliders down and reassigning those (mic & speakers) to one that aren't used by the game? I did. Haven't crashed.

Although it's a dx error, it might not be a problem with dx, although it's gpu that seemingly crashes it might nit be a graphics thing. Just saying.
  • unit12stealth
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    After the latest graphics driver update, my game crashes even more often than before! I can't even load into a server without the game crashing and the same error as before pops up...

"GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed.

This is freaking ridiculous.
  • ssafaCUDGEdaveUK
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have been playing for many weeks without an issue.But these past couple of days I have gotten the "DX Device Hung" error.
    Most annoying. Whats going on?
  • J0k3r07
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Guys do you have an overclocked card or not? Because i read that the overclocking has a part in this **** crash.
    I have a msi GTX 770 lightning edition and it's factory overclocked. So i wanna know if you guys are getting crash even though you don't have a overclock.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.