Is DICE going to do anything at all about the bunkers in MONTE GRAPPA ?

prince_warhero
8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited November 2016
I am seriously fed up of attacking in Monte Grappa in Operations and Rush .. the bunker points are just impossible to capture.. In conquest that is not problem because we can capture other points which increase our score, but in rush and operations we can't proceed without capturing them.
The defending team have access to the bunkers while we are capturing the previous sector, so everyone just ignores the sector goes inside the bunkers and camps ready. There are like 30 people inside there and the entrance to bunkers are just 2 small stairs - one ascend and one descend ... and with 10 grenades coming out of the door its just impossible to even take a peek at the stairs.. There are medics and support inside to just keep reviving , resupplying .. Even if someone dies inside they will again spawn on their squad who are just sitting in corners without taking any damage.. There is no way to even blast through with tank or anything..

I have lost 90% of attack matches in Monte Grappa because of this and seriously its imabalanced as hell . Something should be done like placing capture point just outside bunker or above bunker , or may be even redesign the entrance to those bunkers... Playing as attack is becoming impossible in that map ! ..

Comments

• Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You can capture it if you're on top. You can also throw gas on top of the bunker and it effects them inside. It still needs a rework...should be possible to destroy the bunkers if you do really much damage to them. It's really not fun atm,the grenade spam is unreal.
  • prince_warhero
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You can capture it if you're on top. You can also throw gas on top of the bunker and it effects them inside. It still needs a rework...should be possible to destroy the bunkers if you do really much damage to them. It's really not fun atm,the grenade spam is unreal.

Ya you are right but one problem is in the sector which have 3 objectives ... bunker is the B one.. if we all stand on B enemies just redeploy themselves on A or C ... If we move to them they come back to B ... its like endless cycle...

On other note, gas grenade going through stone walls must be fixed .... through wooden plank walls is fine
  • Scruffy_McGuffy
    504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    In my 5 games of 40P since the patch, attackers are 2-3. This is the easiest Op for defenders to win, and that's still only 60% win rate. What do attackers want, an automatic win button? Because that's what the commonly suggested "fix" of blowing the cannon to let attackers drop in would result in.

Maybe a flamethrower instead of sentry might help struggling attackers.

The biggest problem I've seen for attackers is after taking it they get too complacent and only maybe 2 people guard it. Once lost, momentum is lost, with attackers spread over the mountain.

As for the 3-flag section, if you have an airship at that point it should be easy.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    In my 5 games of 40P since the patch, attackers are 2-3. This is the easiest Op for defenders to win, and that's still only 60% win rate. What do attackers want, an automatic win button? Because that's what the commonly suggested "fix" of blowing the cannon to let attackers drop in would result in.

Maybe a flamethrower instead of sentry might help struggling attackers.

The biggest problem I've seen for attackers is after taking it they get too complacent and only maybe 2 people guard it. Once lost, momentum is lost, with attackers spread over the mountain.

As for the 3-flag section, if you have an airship at that point it should be easy.

there's other ways to rebalance this,but the bunkers are really not good atm...you gotta admit that. 2 doors are easy to defend for 32 players,especially with instant grenade resupply. i think a flamethrower wouldn't make a difference,he is really vulnerable to grenades as well. but i'm only playing 64 p operations,perhaps it's a bit better with 40. with 64 it is really just impossible to enter the bunker in some matches,no second without an explosion next to the door.
  • JuJuzim
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They should just make so when you destroy the cannon it leaves a huge hole in the roof so you can jump into the bunker or throw in nades to clear it out
  • Scruffy_McGuffy
    504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    JuJuzim wrote: »
    They should just make so when you destroy the cannon it leaves a huge hole in the roof so you can jump into the bunker or throw in nades to clear it out
    You mean, an automatic win button for attackers to win the Op on their first battalion.
  • Scruffy_McGuffy
    there's other ways to rebalance this,but the bunkers are really not good atm...you gotta admit that. 2 doors are easy to defend for 32 players,especially with instant grenade resupply. i think a flamethrower wouldn't make a difference,he is really vulnerable to grenades as well. but i'm only playing 64 p operations,perhaps it's a bit better with 40. with 64 it is really just impossible to enter the bunker in some matches,no second without an explosion next to the door.
    This is why it's important to be clear whether the tuning concern is Ops (40P) or Grand Ops (64P). I don't know how the 64P plays, so maybe I'll try it shortly. I find the Grand Ops generally to be too busy, with too many players in not enough space. But that's just me. Anyway, like I said for 40P, it hasn't been a big deal in my experience. I wonder if some people when complaining about this, forget those other games where they steamrolled through. Not looking at you there, just saying in general.
  • prince_warhero
    You mean, an automatic win button for attackers to win the Op on their first battalion.

In that case may be make the bunker small.. say now some people can just hide without taking any damage from the grenades we throw inside.. so the few people who die can easily spawn on them .. So making the size small means less campers and chance of more people getting hit with grenades thrown from outside.. That would require some skill to hold the point instead of mindless camping ..

Also situation is worse on rush .
  • Mas4evar
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Honestly once the attackers git gud and start charging in it's pretty easy to take the bunkers and also just don't even try playing 64 player operations it's hell.
  • Callahan44er
    Mas4evar wrote: »
    Honestly once the attackers git gud and start charging in it's pretty east to take also just don't even try playing 64 player operations it's hell.

i enjoy 64 on most maps and most flags. but the bunkers are really hell.
  • Sunderbrass
    163 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Crash your Behemoth on top of it, everyone inside will die. Why? Magic, I guess, but that's how it works in this game.
  • AnotherZombi
    59 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Crash your Behemoth on top of it, everyone inside will die. Why? Magic, I guess, but that's how it works in this game.

Only way to deal with the bunkerparty. Bring the barbecue to them.
  • Shynobyn
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016

Before the behemoth the first bunker is still quite defendable outside because the defenders come from a higher position, the second bunker is part of a 3 point phase which is more tricky for the attackers, and there's still the tunnel and two more bunkers without cannons, the defenders have plenty of opportunities to stop the attakers even with the holes.
  • Bob_marleys_lung
    334 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Doesn't dynamite blow the doors off ?
  • TherealPivke
    234 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    why dont you just blow up the bunker doors with an AT grenade, dynamite or limpet charge?
    than your whole team can spam their grenades inside. and suddenly the defenders arent so tough any more.
  • WhispererPotato
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would like to see that when u blow up the big artilery cannons on top there should be a hudge hole in the roof of the bunker. Or even that when u destroy the cannon all the stockpiled ammunition in the bunker blows up and just kills everyone inside.
  • trip1ex
    5225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is getting 20 players on the average pub to get into the flag zone is nigh impossible.

You can't even get 7 players to get into the middle flag zone on Suez on average.
  • Player_9jd47hui
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We should have the ability to blow the top of the bunker. Not instantly but maybe after taking a shitload of damage. Give it a health meter or make it look worn and cracked depending on how much damage has been dealt to it until it finally falls apart. I don't even bother playing 64 on Iron Walls because the ENTIRE team just camps in there but I don't blame them because that's what they're supposed to be doing. Having ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on your team doesn't help either... Just last night I was in a game where we capped both flags and were so close to taking the bunker from the top until half of the people just ran away from the cap zone like it was about to kill them or something.

These points could be easily taken with a good squad and some teamwork but lets get real... a good squad and teamwork is just a dream for most of us unless you're playing with friends.
  • lerki0
    907 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I personally think this is a Great idea , the map evolves to effect gameplay. The kind of thing the original levolution should have been in bf4

• KingKron93
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There definitely needs to be another entrance or windows or something. Just lost an entire operation to this, then won one. Just .because people camped in that bunker. We shouldnt have won the one we did either, they were dominating us up until we got in the bunker. Then we flushed all 3 battallions.