K/D ratio

Comments

• incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    K/D was removed from Overwatch and all it did was help the bad players become even more toxic to the good players. They would also lie about their medals in-game.

The only thing that should be added to the board is assists, which would include flag attacks/defends.
  • The_Warminds
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the conventional wisdom is that if a player feels they are not good at the game they will quit, so devs are trying not to emphasize stats. Overwatch also removed win/loss ratio from the game months after release...
  • RabNebula
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Should K/D info be removed from the game so people will follow objectives, rather than sitting back and losing but keeping a high ratio? It ruins the game imo. This is not a K/D ratio game but a team win or lose game.I blame COD boys :blush:

No. K/D is still an important stat for those who are playing the objective. Yes you get some absolute morons sat humping a sand dune in Suez with 50 easy sweet spot kils but never really doing enough to thin players out quickly enough for a team to make a push. However, K/D still shows a decent player has managed to get kills at little cost to their teams tickets. To know that about a player I have in my squad (sometimes I check them out on Battlefield Tracker to see if they are worth teaming up with more often) is really good info when combined with other stats like SPM. BTR score on there actually combines those stats with a few others to determine an overall rating. It's something they've used for other games like Destiny with the DTR score and I've found it quite reliable when doing lfg on there before.

Rather than removing k/d to encourage people to ptfo I would rather they up the objective and vehicle destroy scores more and rethink the sweet spot mechanic on snipers. To me a sweet spot OHK with a sniper should be a hip fired sniper shot up close. It's not easy to hip fire a sniper but it might be enough to help let the scouts get a little braver about going forward more.
  • TheMinotaur80
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Should K/D info be removed from the game so people will follow objectives, rather than sitting back and losing but keeping a high ratio? It ruins the game imo. This is not a K/D ratio game but a team win or lose game.I blame COD boys :blush:

Wrong. ALL stats matter. Leaderboards needs to be added back ASAP to BF1! And platoons!

• SubzeroHK
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Everyone has their own style of play. Just a game for fun. I don't play scout much with K/D around 1.5 only.
  • TheMinotaur80
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Get rid of the K/D

Wrong answer. All stats matter.
  • MrBluePlaydoh
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I remember the good old days it didn't show kills and deaths
  • MrBluePlaydoh
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why would you want it gone? Its been in every single battlefield game ever. Sounds to be like you want to make this game even more casual than it already is.

No it hasn't

• Gavyne
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Kills & Deaths, the fundamentals to first person shooter games. These basic stats have been there since the first multiplayer online shooter games. Why would anybody want to remove it?

• TheMightyPed
    33 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No one yet has proved it adds to the gameplay in a positive way, only that they want it and its the norm.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    BF1942 did not have K/D and people still play it to date, why?
  • Khaotik707
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    No one yet has proved it adds to the gameplay in a positive way, only that they want it and its the norm.

No one needs to prove how it adds to gameplay because it's a stat, it's not a game feature, and more stats > less. Potential negatives? Not so much, because anyone letting it negatively impact their experience because they want a good KD/R has only themselves to blame for that.

If you want an undeniable positive, though, here's one; In BF4, stats combined with spectator mode was commonly used to find cheaters who would be banned, thus keeping servers cleaner and more enjoyable for people to play on, which would constitute a positive should rented servers in BF1 be able to do the same.
  • ll_1NFRA_r3d_ll
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No, this game needs ingame clan support where we can have real team games where winning and loosing actually matter. after bfmc2 they stopped doing it and its always been public random teams where the win/loss means nothing ...
  • Foodie88
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2016
    If you forego the Conquest-heavy mentality for a second and look at it from a Rush or Operations perspective, then this would make no sense at all.

K/D is intertwined in playing for the objective in those modes. As attacker, but even more so as defender. To win the round, you have to burn up the attackers' tickets and for that you need kills. The more you kill and the less you die, the better it is.

Even for the attackers it works like that, if you die too much while not killing many defenders you're costing your team a lot of tickets while not having that much effect on the game.
  • Klam3r
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    I really like the players that doesn't give a flying f*** about their K/D and tries to convince all others that it's a worthless stat. Well done!

Accept that K/D matter to a LOT of players. Many players with high K/D PTFO as well. Probably more effective than players that can't push and rush on their own or with their squad.
  • ZS-Exodus
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think currently is OK the way it is.
  • Foodie88
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Klam3r wrote: »
    I really like the players that doesn't give a flying f*** about their K/D and tries to convince all others that it's a worthless stat. Well done!

Accept that K/D matter to a LOT of players. Many players with high K/D PTFO as well. Probably more effective than players that can't push and rush on their own or with their squad.

In Operations I see that the players with a high score are generally also the people with a high K/D. I rather see people with negative K/Ds scoring very high.
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Foodie88 wrote: »
    Klam3r wrote: »

In Operations I see that the players with a high score are generally also the people with a high K/D. I rather see people with negative K/Ds scoring very high.

unfortunately FPS runs deep in my veins. even if i score 15000+ on CQ as infantry if my KD sucks, im not happy. High Score with a decent KD is important to me for the enjoyment of the game

if i finish with 17000 and a kd of 28-23 im not particularly happy at all
  • SWE-Androctonus
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    They should remove it from the stats and scoreboard. At least the deaths. I think it would make a huge difference in how people play the game.