Major Update Flaw! | Flickering & Blinking - updates in OP | #SLIMATTERS

Comments

  • Alcor32
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    980 Ti in SLI here and having flickering issues aswell with dice's new patch.

    Nvidia's 375.95 driver didn't fix this too.
  • DanELITE86
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I get this also haha whats new its always something and its sad its not tested before its out.
  • TheR3aLN8
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    It is about the whiny children wanting nothing but hardcore but they still have not fixed any of the major issues even before sli.


    This thread is not about hardcore. It's about SLI, period.

    The patch was not about hardcore servers anyway. DICE doesn't need patch for that. All they have to do is set aside a fixed number of servers and then allocate them with different settings. They could have had hardcore servers from day one., they just chose otherwise.

    This thread is about SLI and not working properly since the patch. Get that through your thick skull.


  • Paladin_Goo
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Primithras wrote: »
    If it's not fixed by the end of next week, i'll be demanding a refund.

    I paid €60 to play a game for a small week and now it's completely broken. The game is completely unplayable, unless I want to risk seizures but I'm going to opt out for that. Get your **** together DICE, why the **** hasn't this update been rolled back?

    Running 760 GTX SLI, i7 4770k, 16GB ram...

    You could demand a refund - or you could report it with your credit card company as a fraudulent charge, which it is, considering it *was* working as advertised, but now they're saying "we don't support it".
  • morphusone
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same issue, Tried everyone's fixes to no avail, emailed EA, Made a bug report etc... No changes...

    Has anyone heard anything back about this? Are they going to address it?

    I7
    32GB 2600Mhz
    2 x 1070 EVGA
  • Paladin_Goo
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    morphusone wrote: »
    Same issue, Tried everyone's fixes to no avail, emailed EA, Made a bug report etc... No changes...

    Has anyone heard anything back about this? Are they going to address it?

    I7
    32GB 2600Mhz
    2 x 1070 EVGA

    The only thing we've heard that's even close to anything official is that EA support is saying "We don't support SLI". We all know that's not true - all the Battlefield games, and Frostbite itself is advertised as supporting multi-gpu...but that's all we've got.
  • IIIRequiemIII
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

    Redundanz wrote: »
    So what's taking so long for this to get fixed? I really want to sue someone right now.

    Sue?! You are delusional.

    The game works with single card without problems.
    So stop wasting your time and play it like that.

    Are you reading this forum? Or just that person's post? It's NOT working single GPU for MOST of people. I would LOVE to play only with one of my 980....

    For example I still get the "reading/loading icon" on top right side of the screen and when it shows up, I get a session of stuttering (only when it shows up) and it is not at all related to the game being demanding too much from my machine, or nothing like that, cause I get this "reading icon stuttering" anywhere anytime any ingame situation (even if I'm alone in some place of the map where there's nothing happenning - not getting any in game graphic effects; few sound effects; and I just there not moving). Not at all related to how much the game is demanding from my PC. It seems like an easy problem to solve, this one, but people are getting a few more diferent kind of issues...
  • ZulfoDK
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Redundanz wrote: »
    So what's taking so long for this to get fixed? I really want to sue someone right now.

    Sue?! You are delusional.

    The game works with single card without problems.
    So stop wasting your time and play it like that.

    Are you reading this forum? Or just that person's post? It's NOT working single GPU for MOST of people. I would LOVE to play only with one of my 980....

    For example I still get the "reading/loading icon" on top right side of the screen and when it shows up, I get a session of stuttering (only when it shows up) and it is not at all related to the game being demanding too much from my machine, or nothing like that, cause I get this "reading icon stuttering" anywhere anytime any ingame situation (even if I'm alone in some place of the map where there's nothing happenning - not getting any in game graphic effects; few sound effects; and I just there not moving). Not at all related to how much the game is demanding from my PC. It seems like an easy problem to solve, this one, but people are getting a few more diferent kind of issues...

    But this thread is not about all the other issues that are still in the game, it's about the damn flickering introduced to BF1 when using SLI.

    There are still tons of bugs that were also present before that patch, but thats not the topic here :)
  • Lythoric
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GTX 780 in SLI, and I had the Flickering issues, but got it solved by switching over to DX12. Also got the newest nvidia driver installed. Hope it helps y'all
  • BernieS2020
    707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lythoric wrote: »
    GTX 780 in SLI, and I had the Flickering issues, but got it solved by switching over to DX12. Also got the newest nvidia driver installed. Hope it helps y'all

    Oh boy, another one. DX12 in this game does not utilize SLI/mGPU.
  • Floatin0FaceDown
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Here's the strange thing. I run dx11 and I keep sli enabled but set to single gpu in ccc. I start the game. No flickering and 1 gtx 960 is at 90% load. Game runs at 40-60fps. Hit windows key and change sli profile to Nvidia controlled in ccc. Go back in game. Gpu 1 at 90% Gpu 2 @30-40% . Never dips under 60 fps vsync on no flickering. Honestly, despite bad scaling. The game never ran so good. Butter smooth and my cpu never goes above 60% load now. Nvidia driver 375.95
  • Dobermann_101
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Still not fixed - is this the issue everyone is getting:
  • Redundanz
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    its funny to see people complaining that
    Still not fixed - is this the issue everyone is getting:

    this is the issue the person gets who

    1. owns SLI to begin with
    2. doesn't DISABLE SLI for bf1

    and yeah, you write this on Nov 20th... welcome to last year buddy. the problem is KNOWN since 5 days now.
  • Lythoric
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Jumpy-B-L wrote: »
    Lythoric wrote: »
    GTX 780 in SLI, and I had the Flickering issues, but got it solved by switching over to DX12. Also got the newest nvidia driver installed. Hope it helps y'all

    Oh boy, another one. DX12 in this game does not utilize SLI/mGPU.

    Well, I had flickering, went into options, switched on DX12, and flickering disappeared. All I wanted to do was to post what solved the issue for me, which also might fix the issue for others if they havent tried it.
  • BernieS2020
    707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The pass the video game industry gets for this kind of stuff is just unacceptable. Broken SLI and graphics looking like poo in a product I had no issues with before the patch. Now looking at a month for a fix since DICE isn't known for hot fix patches.

    The difficulty of game development and testing is not my problem. EA is not an indie publisher nor is DICE an indie developer. Given the money this industry rakes in, there simply isn't an excuse. If you can't resolve issues in a timely manner either find a new career or get EA to hire more talent and/or improve the QA process. The behavior this industry considers the norm is simply not up to par when compared to other consumer-facing industries.

    If it's too complicated to develop for PC either don't do it anymore or charge less if you don't want to put in the extra effort to ensure customer satisfaction. Considering console games are similarly buggy this gen it seems there is a larger problem with the video games industry beyond the difficulty of the PC platform.

    I'm tired of it. Tired and pissed off. I don't want to hear that I should make my own game. I pay for a product and as a consumer it's no concern of mine how easy or difficult it is to create or support said product.
  • Barca143kw
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hey guys, found a fix on the internet for the flicker, only nvidia sli users: NO MORE FLICKERING, just missing text.

    How to:
    Using the nvidia profile inspector, got to battlefield 1 profile, change the SLI compatibility bits (DX10 + DX11) to 0x081902F5 (Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon DLC, Far Cry 3).

    Can confirm SLI is working with DX 11 but dont know if there is any performance drop, just missing letters, but absolutely NO FLICKERING ANYMORE.

    Hope this helps.


  • scoo13y
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lythoric wrote: »
    Jumpy-B-L wrote: »
    Lythoric wrote: »
    GTX 780 in SLI, and I had the Flickering issues, but got it solved by switching over to DX12. Also got the newest nvidia driver installed. Hope it helps y'all

    Oh boy, another one. DX12 in this game does not utilize SLI/mGPU.

    Well, I had flickering, went into options, switched on DX12, and flickering disappeared. All I wanted to do was to post what solved the issue for me, which also might fix the issue for others if they havent tried it.
    honstly dont people read switching to dx 12 disables SLI
  • rekloos
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Barca143kw wrote: »
    Hey guys, found a fix on the internet for the flicker, only nvidia sli users: NO MORE FLICKERING, just missing text.

    How to:
    Using the nvidia profile inspector, got to battlefield 1 profile, change the SLI compatibility bits (DX10 + DX11) to 0x081902F5 (Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon DLC, Far Cry 3).

    Can confirm SLI is working with DX 11 but dont know if there is any performance drop, just missing letters, but absolutely NO FLICKERING ANYMORE.

    Hope this helps.


    This works, but I am missing letters and words from menus like you said.
  • swats73
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Omg ur all dim. Dx12 on. You're welcome.

    Idiot DX12 disables sli
  • TrollFarmer
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Lythoric wrote: »
    Jumpy-B-L wrote: »
    Lythoric wrote: »
    GTX 780 in SLI, and I had the Flickering issues, but got it solved by switching over to DX12. Also got the newest nvidia driver installed. Hope it helps y'all

    Oh boy, another one. DX12 in this game does not utilize SLI/mGPU.

    Well, I had flickering, went into options, switched on DX12, and flickering disappeared. All I wanted to do was to post what solved the issue for me, which also might fix the issue for others if they havent tried it.

    Turning on DX12 disables SLI. DX12 also gives lower overall FPS than DX11. so not the best option.
This discussion has been closed.