Coming soon to the rent-a-server program

Comments

• Px-Progdogg
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Slashette wrote: »
    Slashette wrote: »
    couldnt agree more Dead... this is awful for us clans that have been around since day 1 with them...I dont want a custom server, i want real hardcore with a server browser, not them putting us in a matchmaking game...just not right what they have done to the community

It's quite simple really. Don't give them your money until these things are implemented. Most of what you have complained about is coming soon and it has been stated prior to release that it is coming soon. If you want to be found in the server browser without searching by name that is something you need to take up with DICE I would recommend sending a tweet to Ali Hassoon on twitter as he is the RSP guy or start a thread about that specifically.

This is a feature that I too want but complaining and saying you are entitled to "X" because you have been there from the start is not the way to go about it. DICE have done more for the community than any other major AAA developer I can think of, they are listening and have directly asked the community for feedback specifically for the purpose of giving us what we want not what "they think" we want.

You can argue all you want but the RSP is a work in progress and currently in beta, if you are not happy with it currently don't blindly give them your money then get annoyed about it when you didn't research what you were paying for.

there was nothing to search for, they didnt give us an answer at all, they said we will get servers, never gave us a date nothing

There is literally a pinned thread called Battlefield Rental Server Program in this subforum.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/34210/battlefield-1-rental-server-program#latest

That is all the information we had to run on, and guess what, its all you can do thus far, that is because they haven't implemented anything else as yet, when they do that thread will be updated. If you want to speculate what you think might be there and buy it based on that then again, that is no fault but your own. Sorry Slashette but you really have no argument here, all you can do is try and refund because you didn't know what you were doing.
  • NO_PLANE_4_U
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just do not understand why they would release a game that is half done
  • Gavyne
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Wow I missed this thread, stuff like these shouldn't get buried so easily. There are people complaining about the very same things that Ali Hassoon already verified that they're working on.

But then that's sort of DICE's fault for posting on reddit and not on their own official forum. DICE, if you don't want players (your customers who are dying to throw money at you) to get all worked up and pissed, please post import things such as what I read in the OP on your own official forum. People come here to find info on the rented server, yet the info is scattered.

Often all players need to know is confirmation that yes, you acknowledge what people want, and yes, this this and this are already in the works. Anyways, glad someone bumped this thread. I rented a couple of servers just to test out the settings for fun. Good to see more customizations and options are coming.
  • Px-SneakstaArab
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have to admit I am disappointed but knew what we were buying and the main reason we bought it was to have our name out there from the start. After reading all the latest posts and information I can honestly say I feel safe once again for the moment as they seem to be listening and want to give us The Clans and main player base the server customization we want. Sure it's a bumma it's rather difficult too get traffic on your rented server but patience is something we all need and it seems most no longer have it, which is sad.

I'm willing to give EA/DICE some more time in implementing these feature's as long as it isn't a wait longer than a month. Hopefully it wont take to long.
  • STK_ViP3R
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    how long until we can expect more "customization options" for our Rent a Servers?
  • RSS775
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    STK_ViP3R wrote: »
    how long until we can expect more "customization options" for our Rent a Servers?

This. I want to give you money, need proper server controls.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just do not understand why they would release a game that is half done

No the game is pretty damned good. Its the RSP that's half done.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have to admit I am disappointed but knew what we were buying and the main reason we bought it was to have our name out there from the start. After reading all the latest posts and information I can honestly say I feel safe once again for the moment as they seem to be listening and want to give us The Clans and main player base the server customization we want. Sure it's a bumma it's rather difficult too get traffic on your rented server but patience is something we all need and it seems most no longer have it, which is sad.

I'm willing to give EA/DICE some more time in implementing these feature's as long as it isn't a wait longer than a month. Hopefully it wont take to long.

Traffic isnt an issue if you set it to a vanilla server you get metric tons of traffic. We had ours set to HC mode settings that mirrored Dice's server. They are labeled as custom while official HC servers aren't. they get traffic we don't. We set our settings back to plain old vanilla server settings boom full in 3 min. The issue is HC settings make every server other than official DICE server Custom even though it's the same settings and forces those servers into a different matchmaking bracket and they don't list on the server browser unless you filter by name.
    That is a big issue. If they would place the rented servers in the browser when using the same settings as DICe we wouldn't mind waiting untill a preset was available. Honestly Im hoping they go to a more BF4 type HC mode. The current one is kinda broken.
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not sure if this was mentioned, but is there going to be a way to admin the server without leaving the game? And what about giving admin to other players? I would hate to be the only one who could kick someone.
  • spateri1
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just fix hardcore mode; player tags and kill feed. Get rid of the rest of the HUD. People will rent a server and then just use the hardcore setting and they will populate servers with the current server browser setup. Go play COD if you want matchmaking, absolutely horrible way of joining games.
  • PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    NetRngr wrote: »

Traffic isnt an issue if you set it to a vanilla server you get metric tons of traffic. We had ours set to HC mode settings that mirrored Dice's server. They are labeled as custom while official HC servers aren't. they get traffic we don't. We set our settings back to plain old vanilla server settings boom full in 3 min. The issue is HC settings make every server other than official DICE server Custom even though it's the same settings and forces those servers into a different matchmaking bracket and they don't list on the server browser unless you filter by name.
    That is a big issue. If they would place the rented servers in the browser when using the same settings as DICe we wouldn't mind waiting untill a preset was available. Honestly Im hoping they go to a more BF4 type HC mode. The current one is kinda broken.

We set our server to vanilla and no boom..in fact you need 16 people to help it start in 30 minutes
  • Porthos1973
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    NetRngr wrote: »

We set our server to vanilla and no boom..in fact you need 16 people to help it start in 30 minutes

Look at the date of his post. It was before they messed up QM.
  • Veteran-Disabled
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hopefully we will see something on the 20th .
  • mintmind32
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i really hope CQS will be implemented and gets its traffic from the normal Matchmaking
  • Pitbruiser
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I wouldn't bet on another "update" from EA/DICE this month (December).

As has been the case, they will continue delaying tactics on RSP in order to rack up more game sales for the Christmas holiday.

BOYCOTT RSP!
  • SemperFi-Vivi
    399 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • Tr3adst3r
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully we will see something on the 20th .

the 20th Update is being released on the 13th, the 20th is for folks without the ultimate package. So if its not in the patch notes for the release tomorrow, it will most likely not happen before next year. EA would be hard pressed to release such an important update right before Christmas with the risk of breaking the game as they did with QM.

I urge all folks to get the message out to all gaming sites everywhere, the more noisy we get about lack of current support, EA will be forced to actually do something earlier rather than later or risk potential sales.

I mean which company:

1.) Charges you for a beta product,
    2.) Then removes it from quick match so there is no traffic,
    3.) Set ridiculous numbers to get the server started
    4.) Does not allow you any admin rights and
    5.) Refuses to let you know when they are gonna fix it
  • Rombibombii
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    Treadster wrote: »

Going to be the devil a bit here, sorry ;)

1. Ever heard of Early Access games? Alpha and stuff, yeah. Ooohhh and ARK has a paid DLC for a game that isn't even released yet.
    2. QM didn't get removed, it just didn't work as intended at first. It does now, only 'stock' RSP servers get QM players (ours do btw)
    3. A popular server can always fill up, just try harder!
    4. Well that is just a luxury to have, we are not forced to give you those rights.
    5. We said "soon" that's a time frame.

Reason why I did this, to show you how easy these things can be answered without getting into actual trouble.

Now for the patch notes, there's nothing in there for RSP. Missed opportunity for EA and DICE to get something going. The holiday season is very important for games, so they basically killed the game. The best way to let them feel? Player numbers dropping, which is already happening according to some. (would love to see actual numbers instead of just 24 hour stats/peaks)

• PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

1. Ever heard of Early Access games? Alpha and stuff, yeah. Ooohhh and ARK has a paid DLC for a game that isn't even released yet.
    2. QM didn't get removed, it just didn't work as intended at first. It does now, only 'stock' RSP servers get QM players (ours do btw)
    4. Well that is just a luxury to have, we are not forced to give you those rights.

Reason why I did this, to show you how easy these things can be answered without getting into actual trouble.

Now for the patch notes, there's nothing in there for RSP. Missed opportunity for EA and DICE to get something going. The holiday season is very important for games, so they basically killed the game. The best way to let them feel? Player numbers dropping, which is already happening according to some. (would love to see actual numbers instead of just 24 hour stats/peaks)

I have to disagree , our server in stock settings do not get QM...
  • Tr3adst3r
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Oh i dont mind those answers, at least they are gonna have to get off their butts and defend those statements, and for those who have not bought the game, it will make they pause and think before purchasing.