Weekly BF

Are battlepacks stupid?!?!?!?

DTMCRAZY
11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Yes, yes they are.... making them random what not a good idea.

Comments

• j0shimi
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    "?!?!?!?" Well I certainly agree with this part of your... sentence.
  • Mynx1911
    422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Battlepacks do not even contain valuables.
  • Bohunk_l
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't get why people get so frustrated about getting battlepacks

They offer nothing to the game, they don't improve the quality of gameplay or the player. They are literally an alternative skin that shows nothing.

When I get killed by a "doughboy" BAR I don't think "oh look how awesome that person is" I think "well someone is as lucky as they are into gaudy accessories" It's like TF2 but somehow even less relevant to gameplay.

There are only a few skins in this game that even show anything remotely close to accomplishment and those are the Incarcerator 1911 (before DICE kept spamming the mission with reduced kill counts) and the PTFO MP18 that's not that hard to earn. Oh and the campaign skins as well.
  • DTMCRAZY
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bohunk_l wrote: »

They offer nothing to the game, they don't improve the quality of gameplay or the player. They are literally an alternative skin that shows nothing.

When I get killed by a "doughboy" BAR I don't think "oh look how awesome that person is" I think "well someone is as lucky as they are into gaudy accessories" It's like TF2 but somehow even less relevant to gameplay.

There are only a few skins in this game that even show anything remotely close to accomplishment and those are the Incarcerator 1911 (before DICE kept spamming the mission with reduced kill counts) and the PTFO MP18 that's not that hard to earn. Oh and the campaign skins as well.

You make some good points that I agree with, but for me. I think any player that PTFO REALLY well and those that got the top 5 player stats should get priority first on a battle pack. Instead there are players that get battlepacks after going 0/30 k/d because idk, they want to. Or they jump in 10seconds before the game starts and they get on brefore firing a shot. I know, it's happened to me.

One last thing. If I had all the skins now, I would change things up everyday , but that's just me.
  • A_warped_mind
    1044 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Take battlepacks out of the game they are pointless fluff not needed and wasted space within the game.
  • DTMCRAZY
    DTMCRAZY wrote: »
    Bohunk_l wrote: »

You make some good points that I agree with, but for me. I think any player that PTFO REALLY well and those that got the top 5 player stats should get priority first on a battle pack. Instead there are players that get battlepacks after going 0/30 k/d because idk, they want to. Or they jump in 10seconds before the game starts and they get on brefore firing a shot. I know, it's happened to me.

One last thing. If I had all the skins now, I would change things up everyday , but that's just me.
    Sorry ment to say 10 senconds before the game ENDS. Lol
  • vVMr-GoodCatVv
    921 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My platoon mates get really wound up about not getting enough. The really bad part is I don't give a crap about them yet the game seems to throw them at me.
  • brancher12
    278 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don`t know what all of you are moaning about. I get breakfast, coffee, and dancing girls in my battlepacks. :p B) :p
  • James_D_Sidious
    407 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not sure how to qualify soemthing that has no brain as stupid.
  • GerocK-
    628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think the battlepacks are fine. I don't really care about the skins, I have only seen two skins so far that look better than the original. But it's just a fun little something, to open a case and see what color skin you have won. Even if it doesn't mean anything. I do like the Squad XP boosts though.