Battlefield 1 on PS4 Pro - Patch 1.04 and all related issues

Comments

• Are_VC
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    I believe (wild or educated guess, who knows) that performance issues are as linked with that patch as they are with the general network behaviour and server load. Have you noticed how, since 1.04, not a single server has full "ping bars" in the browser? Could that have an influence on performance?

As I said in a previous post (do people even read before talking s**t?!), it's almost impossible to compare the same thing at two different times in this game, with dynamic weather and different server conditions. Last night attempt was not that bad in terms of framarate for me, even with loads of KSA on my server, even if the game was dropping frames here and there in a way that I feel is worse than pre patch.
    Still, what's sure is, the general look remained off, colours less vibrant, textures blurrier, not that same depth and "relief", same thing all over again.

And as you said Unklemac, we simply cannot prove this, us PS4 owners. We cannot revert to pre 1.04, cannot record over 30fps, barely can take relevant screenshots. And they're expecting us to send proof?
    Post edited by Are_VC on
  • TaktikzPS4
    324 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    At first I didn't notice much graphically...

I don't notice frame rate drops too much but the more I play it, it definitely isn't as good graphically as it was pre-patch, I remember playing it on my PRO for first time pre-patch and everything just popped and looked so crisp and clean and vibrant it was amazing... post patch, it looks more blurry & bland and the picture doesnt pop out of the screen at ya.

Hard to explain what I mean really.
  • Dog_4_life1986
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    To clarify :
    -- deleting save files on ps4 Pro doesn't solve s... about the graphical downgrade , as some mentioned as solution. Tried it yesterday , 0 difference, still same downgrade.

The quality downgrade is there, and damn it is very visible no doubt. From crystal clear image , and really impressive texture and tesselation... to 1.04 everything looks much lower res and also texture seem taken a big hit .

If DICE can't even verify the downgrade.... damn boy, it is your work and you programmed the game. The downgrade is obvious in your face and easily visible without any specific technical analysis .....

• FrassesFik
    23 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Rediculous that they lay it on us to deliver proof. We are the customers, we are not supposed to do their work. We also have no possibility to do it, as mentioned earlier.
  • LEEROY_UK
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is definitely something wrong with the textures, I've just looked again !!
  • MajadoBR
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    David Sirland's latest comments are extremely disappointing. 1 week later and they were not able to "replicate" te issues. WTF! It seems we won't see a fix soon.

Framerate drops/stuttering/frame pacing issues (or whatever the correct name is) is by far my biggest concern. I played the game pre patch and it was not rock solid 60fps, but much more consistent/fluid than it is now. Just run in Argonne forest and it's very evident (even on an empty server).

If the visual downgrade had resulted in a 60fps locked experience, I would not mind. But no, visual and performance took a hit.

And the poor comunication makes me believe there is something very strange going on behind the curtains.
  • TaktikzPS4
    324 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We need to band together and start a petition or something to get this sorted instead of getting fobbed off by them. Anyone have any ideas what we can do to force there hand so they actually have do something or atleast listen?

I can't see this getting sorted for ages, if it happens before January i'll be surprised.
  • MajorDirt
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TaktikzPS4 wrote: »
    We need to band together and start a petition or something to get this sorted instead of getting fobbed off by them. Anyone have any ideas what we can do to force there hand so they actually have do something or atleast listen?

I can't see this getting sorted for ages, if it happens before January i'll be surprised.

Unfortunately i don't see an effective way but to demand answers continuously in high volumes in their twitter accounts which seem to be the place they most visit to communicate.

Those usually communicating and are key people anyway from my understandings:

David Sirland
    Aleks Grondal
    Nils Hallberg
    Dan Vaderlind
    Alan Kertz
    Erik Ortman

• matospsx
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Unklemac wrote: »
    The worst is that David Sirland and his test team can't see any problems. And asks the users to prove the difference between 1.03 and 1.04 on his twitter, to send him comparison videos before and after.

First up, we can't revert to 1.03 to compare anymore, can we? No.

Second, what difference can we prove from highly compressed shareplay video's, that records in 1080p? Nothing.

Third, you can't view stuttering on shareplay video's, so good luck proving before and after that Argonne was running smooth.

In my 31 gaming years (I startet when I was 7, with the Commodore 64), this is the worst showcase of incompetence from a developer.

This case is the very same as to ask a Criminal to investigate himself of what he did, to proove him guilty.

Send to him this video:

Frame-rate is MUCH more consistent... If for him there is no difference, it is better to give up this game. :(

If so, then screenshots also do not prove differences in textures for him too?

If they can not see a difference, why do not they work on an optimization? There are hundreds wanting this. We are not satisfied with the performance of the game in multiplayer ... And the people of the PC? They were also affected ... are we all crazy?
    Post edited by matospsx on
  • PooTardo
    236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    orange1408 wrote: »
    PooTardo wrote: »
    We're not trying to troll , it's the over reacting babies that are trolling and talking **** about hard working devs that have done an amazing job with BF1. If you look for negativity then that's all you'll see. There's plenty of good with this and as stated many times... new tech and hardware, optimizations take time. And people making **** up about me I have to defend myself sorry, I been trying to help more then anyone else

Please do not ''contribute'' anymore.

It's hard for me to ignore all the **** babies over reacting and crying.

If you're unhappy with current state, then sell it. At this point I doubt devs will fix anything substantial- game still runs and looks great.. it's obviously not as easy of a fix as the sideline developers think (aka you all) It is what it is DEAL WITH IT SELF ENTITLED BABIES.
  • kriskrozbbk
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Reading his twitter feed I just realized that they wont fix ****. Jeezus.
  • FrassesFik
    First...
    Thanks Stigdu and my age is late 30s and [...]

I come here for answers and to try help others but when things resort to uncivil finger pointing [...]

it hurts to see people bash the developers[...]

Forum is a place for DISCUSSION.

Then...

it's obviously not as easy of a fix as the sideline developers think (aka you all)

It is what it is DEAL WITH IT SELF ENTITLED BABIES.

Well...if you don't care for the use of certain words in the discussion and you're also not a fan of the tone being used, then I have a tip for you:

DO - NOT - USE - IT - YOURSELF.
  • ChammaBrothers
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    The downgrade is there, whoever says otherwise is clearly lying to himself or doesn't pay to much attention.

The game is broken or unplayable? Broken sure not, less enjoyable yes. However this is not the problem, we had a game that was looking fantastic and was running smooth. Now we don't have it anymore, for someone the problem is bigger for others less, but the downgrade still. This is the real problem. We know that this game could and can achieve those standards. It did in the past, before the patch.

My question to some people here is why I have to accept this situation or sell it when I did play and I know that this game can run better? Accept that they can't restore the situation is pretty illogical to me.
  • PooTardo
    236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    FrassesFik wrote: »
    First...
    Thanks Stigdu and my age is late 30s and [...]

I come here for answers and to try help others but when things resort to uncivil finger pointing [...]

it hurts to see people bash the developers[...]

Forum is a place for DISCUSSION.

Then...

it's obviously not as easy of a fix as the sideline developers think (aka you all)

It is what it is DEAL WITH IT SELF ENTITLED BABIES.

Well...if you don't care for the use of certain words in the discussion and you're also not a fan of the tone being used, then I have a tip for you:

DO - NOT - USE - IT - YOURSELF.

Again this is after several people personally told me to not come here, I'm a troll yada yada. And here you are once again singling me out trying to take shots. The difference is I'm telling everyone to just calm down then every one of you keep Single me out and trying to antagonize the situation. Get off me.

How about you babies go to the CORRECT PLACE TO REPORT ISSUES instead of repeatedly crying and whining about it? The Devs said they are investigating it, they aren't going to keep checking forums and sifting thru the mud slinging, they are going to be checking the official bug/issue tracking area.

I'll leave if you all stop repeatedly whining about an overblown issue and report it correctly on BFTRACKER and not here, deal?

https://www.bftracker.com/login_page.php?return=bug_report_page.php

Post edited by PooTardo on
  • FrassesFik
    edited November 2016
    Again this is after several people personally told me to not come here, I'm a troll yada yada. And here you are once again singling me out trying to take shots. The difference is I'm telling everyone to just calm down then every one of you keep Single me out and trying to antagonize the situation. Get off me.

How about you babies go to the CORRECT PLACE TO REPORT ISSUES instead of repeatedly crying and whining about it? The Devs said they are investigating it, they aren't going to keep checking forums and sifting thru the mud slinging, they are going to be checking the official bug/issue tracking area.

I'll leave if you all stop repeatedly whining about an overblown issue and report it correctly on BFTRACKER and not here, deal?

https://www.bftracker.com/login_page.php?return=bug_report_page.php

First off, stop your ridiculous whining and making yourself a victim here. It's you own comments that I quote, you have to take responsibility for them and no anyone else.

Second, I have never posted a comment stating you as a troll. Also never singled you out, it's you that have opened that door and I'm just commenting on it. Again, stop making yourself a victim. You're not.

Third, you use a vocabulary that is not pleasant and then you go about shouting at everyone else that uses the same vocabulary. Get a grip. Don't use words as crybabies and cursing words when you don't care for them being used in your direction.

Fourth, "whining about an overblown issue" - Again, subjective. Do you have en eyesight issue or what? Please refrain from using such description, it's disrespectful.

Now we've got a late response and sadly it seems like they've gotten during this week and a half. Let's hope they do some serious investigating and correct this issue.
    t1gge wrote: »

What kind of videos, other than the several ones that already is in circulation, do you want?

Also, you say you don't personally own a PS4 Pro. Does it matter? Surely you must have several at Dice HQ? Set one up with the 1.03 patch and one with 1.04 and feel the difference. You can't miss it.
  • LEEROY_UK
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CurleeToes wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed how bad fire and smoke look after the patch? It looks very blocky

Sent you a friends request on psn !

• MajorDirt
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    t1gge wrote: »
    I have an additonal request - If you have a PS4 Pro, and see these issues - I would like to request a video captured on a PS4 Pro from the desert location shown in some screenshot comparasions, go there and stand still looking at the shadow texture for a minute or two.
    I'm looking to see if the texture ever streams in the higher quality version - or if it stays the same.

Well thank you for acknowledging this situation and working on a fix.
    I'm sure people will gather more than enough samples but what is the conclusion on the performance? both Pro ( less) vanilla ( more) have massive fps dips since the patch. any info on that?
This discussion has been closed.