Weekly BF

Africa Servers

Comments

• ShadowXFX_ZA
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why do people actually believe what EA Advisors say -_-
  • Phr33Dumb
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I cant help but wonder if ANY of the Dice/EA people has read this thread? I'm starting to feel that a simple acknowledgment of our existence will be enough at this point. Just a quick "We are reading this forum".

Vertraag ek sê jou, vertraag.

#BF1AfricaServers #PingMustFall
  • SpottiePottie
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
  • SpottiePottie
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Give this a like also retweet it
  • SpectaJin
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016

Give this a like also retweet it

This is a response because JackFrags made this issue public. You know having 2 million subscribers gives you some form of power.
    Before JackFrags even mentioned it, they didn't care to mention this.

Ali's response is merely a "political" answer that they are "working on it" as @Braddock512 would say: "It is TOP priority".

Top Priority means it is at the TOP of the LIST of priorities that needs to be addressed. I have earlier said in this forum that I would uninstall CSGO to play BF1. At this point I still play more of CSGO than I do BF1...which is saying a lot.

It seems that many issues regarding specifically servers are a problem in BF1. I have a hard time believing that Africa, Asia, Middle East and South America will be prioritized. They will first provide a good game experience for Europe and North America and "proof" it before the rest of the world can try out the game the way it is meant to be played.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/61684/an-open-letter-to-alexander-hassoon-rent-a-server-producer/p1

Time to face it, UNTIL official word on official platforms (NOT TWITTER, FACEBOOK or REDDIT) has been provided we are probably looking at months here.
    According to David Sirland a Producer for DICE says that "maybe we can do something about that fairly fast..."
    MAYBE? or maybe you will not?
    Merriam-Webster definition of maybe: "possibly but not certainly", "something that is not known for certain"
    [SOURCE] http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/maybe

They all have a degree in political negotiation the way they duck the questions and imply one thing but that can be interpreted in many ways.

Also the repsonse from BFBulletin is that DICE are aware and looking into to it? I surely hope EA/DICE are since they had no problem collecting customer money from Africa, Middle East, South East Asia and South America

THE REASON NO CLEAR INFORMATION IS BEING PROVIDED IS BECAUSE.....THERE IS NO INFORMATION TO CLEARLY GIVE OUT!!!!

"Noise cancels out SILENCE" - #BF1AfricaServers #PingMustFall #BF1SEAServers
  • MegaRaggaMuffin
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    It's almost scary that after all this support we have raised there is still no answer. Going by the 1500 people that signed the petition it's clear that we have lots of players. What company ignores 1500 people. I really want to believe that EA is putting the players first. They did launch a great game that was arguably in good condition with most of the big issues being balancing issues. There is almost no way that some important people in the battlefield and EA community hasn't seen this thread or watched jack frags. Why is it such an issue for them to just say "servers are comming" or "no". All we really want is an official statement. Not social media bok kak.
  • MAGNUSDUCTOR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    I wonder if Alexander Hassoon has read this thread? Even if this is the one the most read threads there could be a huge possibility that he did not see this thread. Maybe we should tag him? This is just to politely make him aware that this thread exists. I don't think he has seen this thread since he has not replied on it.
  • SpectaJin
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    Alexander gave a response TODAY [November 22] on another discussion [see below]:
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/61684/an-open-letter-to-alexander-hassoon-rent-a-server-producer/p4
    I've been playing Battlefield since the first release of Battlefield 1942, and have purchased and played every Battlefield produced by DICE since then. In fact, I liked it so much, I created a community/clan and rented a server to play it on. I wanted a nice place to play with a friendly playing environment with no rules or restrictions, other than making sure players did not cheat, interfere with game play, or offended other players.

First of all, let me thank you for supporting us since the 1942 days and writing this well-formulated post. I really appreciate the feedback.
    With that said, I have rented many servers from just about all of the Ranked Server Providers (RSP). I learned a lot while renting/running these RSP powered servers. I took great pride in providing a great place to play for all our clan/community members, and regulars, that was free from racism, text spammers, and cheaters …well at least we strived for that.

Just want to highlight that I too have been that guy that always provides servers for our gaming group, so I truly understand this sentiment!
    When BF1 was announced, we immediately noticed a lack of information concerning server rentals for BF1. We later learned the server rental program would be provided by DICE/EA. I immediately purchased the Ultimate version of the game, so I could rent a server on launch for my community. Unfortunately, we were later told that the servers would only be available after the game was released. After almost a month, we were finally able to rent a server.

This was due to an unforeseen series of events that that I cant go into details about but I agree we have a long way to go in terms of communication with the community, we are working hard to fix this. It's more complicated than you might think with a lot of legal and finance regulations that restrict the way we can communicate to our players. With that said, we are working hard to find ways to navigate this.
    I woke up early morning on Server-Rental-Program (SRP) day, as I called it, only to find the rentals were not available yet. Later in the morning I was able to finally rent a server, so I immediately started setting it up. I gave it a name, and went to add a map cycle, only to find I could only add 6 maps at a time. I thought, how can this be? How could this be missing from the server setup? If this was done by design, then I would have to ask, why? If this was an oversight, then I would have to ask who is responsible for such careless programing.

The limit was due to a bad configuration on our part that has been fixed and pending release. Currently set to 15 and we plan to increase it as we release new content.
    I also noticed there was no admin functionality. So I’m thinking, wow, I am renting a server just to have the privilege of naming it? Our community likes Hardcore mode, but I could not find a Hardcore mode “preset” to enable it. We were told days later to manually add the settings. Okay, no problem, so I did just that. The problem is, we are not able to get any Quick Match (QM) players to join the server.

To be fair, you can do more than name it, you can configure it to run the way you like it. With that said, we are working on adding the adminstration tools as well as the vanity/branding options and much more.

Regarding presets, it was one of the things we had to cut in order to have time to work on more pressing matters but we have it on our backlog to include for future updates.
    After assembling about 8 of our members, we tried to get our newly rented “Hardcore Mode’ server started. We waited, and waited, and waited in the server for more than 3 hours to get it started, but were never able to. We then joined a random empty DICE Hardcore server, which filled up for us in about 4 minutes. What is up with that, I ask? That really needs to be fixed, and on a side note, rental servers should only need 4-6 players to start a match.

There are two sides to this;

1. I see a need for an option to lower the amount of players needed to break pre-round.
    2. I dont think allowing Custom Games to be quick-matchable is the right approach, but having easier ways for players to find servers in the server browser might be a better option.
    It is obvious to me that the server-rental-program was an afterthought, and I believe DICE initially planned on running BF1 like Battlefront by making it solely dependent on Match-Making. This is an assumption on my part, but seems to be the case.

This is not the case.
    You said that DICE wanted to make for a better player experience by controlling the servers. Well let me tell you, we had quite a following in our Battlefield 4 server. Ask any of our visiting players what kind of player experience they had. They would tell you that they were treated with respect, and had friendly admins to help them. The servers you mentioned that restricted weapons, or punished people for using certain weapons, should have been denied service from DICE through the RSPs.

I think you need to see this from a long-term perspective - sure there are some features "missing" currently but I'm in this for the long run, so I truly believe we will come to a point where both admins and players can have a great experience. We cant rush features to cater for admins while neglecting the overall experience.

Hardcore mode. When we started to play Hardcore mode, we couldn’t tell friend from foe, which lead to constant team killing. The mortars were useless, because they do not have the mini map to see where to fire, and the artillery cannons could not see where to aim because there is no front site (crosshair). I understand no crosshairs for the rifles and pistols, but not the artillery pieces, because they really need them. And lastly, players do not know if they've killed someone, because it does not show player kills. I assume the kill screen is attached to the HUD. Well, then you should allow the HUD to be “enabled” for Hardcore mode, if that is the case.

Hardcore mode has seen some changes over the years, it's an ever evolving feature - there has been some bugs that you mention above that we are aware of and fixing, you can expect to see continued support for Hardcore over the coming months.
    With all that said, I think Battlefield 1 is the best Battlefield game ever created. The game play is immersive, and quite fun to play. Because of the Hardcore mode issues, and server rental issues, some of my members have to decide to play other games until it gets fixed. This is causing some strife within our community.

Lastly, and in the future, would you please keep us updated on the progress of these issues using the Battlefield forums, so we don’t have to constantly check twitter feeds, Facebook pages, or any of the other social media for that matter.

Thanks for your support and I hope you find my reply useful and a sign of that we do read the forums, we do read social media comments and try to answer as much as possible and I hope we can find ways to have a more transparent development and communication process in the future.

Best regards
    Alexander "Striterax" Hassoon

//END

@Striterax

They know that this thread exists or at least @Braddock512 does...

I really hope that they come with a statement soon, it is getting very frustrating doing the job of promoting this issue when someone at EA/DICE should be overlooking this and giving feedback on there own OFFICIAL forum.
    It's almost scary that after all this support we have raised there is still no answer. Going by the 1500 people that signed the petition it's clear that we have lots of players. What company ignores 1500 people. I really want to believe that EA is putting the players first. They did launch a great game that was arguably in good condition with most of the big issues being balancing issues. There is almost no way that some important people in the battlefield and EA community hasn't seen this thread or watched jack frags. Why is it such an issue for them to just say "servers are comming" or "no". All we really want is an official statement. Not social media bok kak.

The 1700 supporters does not fully represent the whole African community and the fact that 1700 people have, signed the petition should be alarming for EA/DICE and enough to respond to this thread and the community.

Even though I like the fact that Alexander took the time to respond...I can see that he as well has received the political negotiation course, where no definite answer has been given.

I will refund the game until servers have been provided. When the HEADS of EA/DICE can no longer resize their pools in their mansion they will cater to their customers. The business goals of EA/DICE is now centered on capitalism and we all know when the focus of your business is to capitalize it will come at the expense of the customers. I wish Producers and Community Managers will stress the money takers to feed the needs of the money providers.
    Post edited by SpectaJin on
  • SpectaJin
    edited November 2016
    @Battle(non)sense made a very great video covering of the problems with @EA & @DICE - Rent A Server Program (RSP)

Thanks Battle(non)sense for supporting our cause!

Post edited by SpectaJin on
  • BigJapester
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Please we need this, i have now sat for 3 hours attempting to play only to get dropped from EVERY SINGLE game for that time!!!! That is rediculous
  • tWRX_ZA
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Guys Im falling off my rocker!

http://mygaming.co.za/news/pc/110981-weird-price-increases-for-battlefield-1-titanfall-2-and-fifa-17-in-south-africa.html

How **** can you get. With a struggling environment, a angry community, you go and bump the prices even further.

It is beyond me. I have no words.
  • Acheul
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They have lost the plot here , we still cant play the game like we should.We still have not received any feedback with regards to SA servers. This whole thing and the wsy its beign handled by EA leaves a bad tasted in your mouth.
  • SpectaJin
    An Apple business model has been applied to EA, where no info is released until the D-day. Apple at least releases a complete product!

BF1 title was the last title that I bought from EA as a pre-order. Next time I will wait till the product is complete before purchasing, which may take some time and by then the price probably has been reduced with more than 50% due to BS like Titanfall 2.

By the end of this week I am refunding the game unless the game is fixed or a official comment is released to when they will fix the unfinished game.

I like Ubisoft's business strategy where all future DLC's will be included IF you already purchased the game and will buy Watch Dog 2 for the money refunded from BF1.

Capitalistic business approach is the death of Customer SUPPORT!

• MAGNUSDUCTOR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is currently what is happening with BF1 in our country. @Striterax You may actually find this quite interesting and helpful. @Braddock512 This is also more evidence for you that there is an active battlefield community in South Africa.

http://telkomgaming.co.za/dgls-position-on-battlefield-for-the-2017-season/

• SpectaJin
    This is currently what is happening with BF1 in our country. @Striterax You may actually find this quite interesting and helpful. @Braddock512 This is also more evidence for you that there is an active battlefield community in South Africa.

http://telkomgaming.co.za/dgls-position-on-battlefield-for-the-2017-season/

Nice to see that DGL provided a response on why there won't be a tournament in Africa for BF1. Fair point!

It is sad to see how a simple problem of hosting servers in Africa is having a Domino effect for gamers, vloggers, competitions, clans, community and etc.
  • EBassie
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    This was just posted by i3D, one of the companies that supplies BF1 servers:
    https://www.i3d.net/news/989/i3d-net-expands-africa-and-middle-east-server-platforms-peers-at-napafrica-in-johannesburg-south-africa/

My guess is that this will result in BF1 servers for South Africa and Middle East fairly soon™.
  • SpectaJin
    edited November 2016
    EBassie wrote: »
    This was just posted by i3D, one of the companies that supplies BF1 servers:
    https://www.i3d.net/news/989/i3d-net-expands-africa-and-middle-east-server-platforms-peers-at-napafrica-in-johannesburg-south-africa/

My guess is that this will result in BF1 servers for South Africa and Middle East fairly soon™.

Hope so, but I will believe it when it is known!
  • igloonaut
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    i won't be pre-purchasing another EA/DICE game again. Their initial intentions were clear! They were going to take our money and provide us with no servers. I think @JackFrags post was critical in getting a response and I thank him for that, but they were completely ignoring the local community and have only responded directly to him and because of him and similar bloggers. I bought the last Star Wars Battlefront too and returned it within days as it was shocking. I'll wait till EA products go on sale before I even consider them again, their greed now rivals that of Activision.
  • TheRealWitblitz
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This just in ... there won't be any SA servers for Battlefield, PC/XBOX/PS4 or otherwise. Live with it. The end.
  • -Q-DoePa
    89 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This just in ... there won't be any SA servers for Battlefield, PC/XBOX/PS4 or otherwise. Live with it. The end.

And your source is?