Server not populating

Girl-In-Pigtails
299 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
We had 9 platoon members on our conquest server for 45 minutes before we decided to call it quits and just find a game. Our server is 100% vanilla and the system is not sending players like it did the last few days. Anyone else seeing this issue today? The last few days the system would send players and it would pop pretty quickly once we had 6 or so of our platoon join; no not a single player being sent our way...

-Girl-In-Pigtails

Comments

• PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    the servers seem to have stopped early
  • Porthos1973
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same with mine. I can usually fill it just by myself going on it but today nothing. Was full for over 48 hours and just died. It isn't on the first map in rotation so tells me it didn't restart .
  • TrollFarmer
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited November 2016
    Yup i can confirm, Quick join does not go to user bought servers even if they have not changed any settings.

Only people finding your server by browser can find it.

I am not talking about custom server, completely stock just a different name and map rotation than dice server.
  • Axlerod1
    1361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    RSP servers are no longer getting quick match players. You are on your own to get players in your server. Problem is, no one can find your server is the browser because it is broken. Ask for a refund because you will not be playing a game until you can have 20 players stumble into your server by accident.

I have 2 empty servers right now. Been mostly empty all day. Even with 8 guys in one of them, could not get players in.
  • TrollFarmer
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    RSP servers are no longer getting quick match players. You are on your own to get players in your server. Problem is, no one can find your server is the browser because it is broken. Ask for a refund because you will not be playing a game until you can have 20 players stumble into your server by accident.

I have 2 empty servers right now. Been mostly empty all day. Even with 8 guys in one of them, could not get players in.

do you have a link to where this is officially stated now. i know it happening but it sucks that every day since i bought it its been full now cant get it started sometimes ppl come in but they say they found it by browser.
  • Porthos1973
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Some one mentioned it to Ali Hassoon on his twitter. His response was "don't despair, im on it, there will be changes, it takes a bit of time thought, have faith.
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    same with my server. populated daily since release..today no luck
  • Jabbajaws77
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Great because up until yesterday my normal server was fully populating itself then bang, no traffic at all
  • Victor-_-TheStar
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same issue in my clan server. i seen major communities like ADK and such with empty servers. The match making need a fix because people are angry over this. Cant even fill up a custom server.
  • TimSad
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yep, I agree that something's off today. I was seeding with a few idle accounts and additionally two of us were playing all-the-while no traffic at all came through except 2 players max in the last 3ish hours. It also seems that so many players these days do not wish to use the server browser and the few that do will likely never see your server because of the amount of servers online at any given moment, am I right? So, right now we depend on Quickmatch to get our servers fully populated which doesn't seem to be working today.
  • Axlerod1
    1361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
  • Axlerod1
    Been talking to Ali today on Twitter. He says they are working on it
  • TimSad
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    It also appears that DICE official servers are much more dominant than before (with all filters reset including all "free slots" filters unchecked) on the server browser listing as if they have priority now.

gEvpVqT.png

EDIT: Although they probably wouldn't want us to do so, I can't help but to wonder if putting "-[DICE]- Official" at the beginning of our server names would magically resolve our current problem here.
    Post edited by TimSad on
  • Max_Von_Knots
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    yep same problem
  • TrollFarmer
    @SoC-TimSad , i tried the offical thing does not work, :lol:
  • -3D-Pix
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Can confirm also, had a server rolling 24/7 for 5 days.

Now it's dead with 0 people joining.
  • ElStryfe
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    As Victor noted earlier we can't get filled either. 100% "Official".
  • TimSad
    Just spent another 2 hours with about 9 of my members + 3 of my idle seeders and sometimes groups of randoms joining (clearly as a party via the server browser). Still, it could not bring in the masses of players. :(
  • TimSad
    edited November 2016
    Wow! So, every player from every server got dumped at around 12:00am PST due to the scheduled maintenance while a few of my guys and I were playing and immediately I had the idea to take advantage of this moment and try and populate our server. Well, it worked successfully and I made sure to ask everyone whether or not they Quickmatched in. They all said they joined through the server browser. So, since the server matched all the user's filters more so than any DICE Official server did at the time, they kept piling in. Then, I go to look at the server list again... Take a look at the only non DICE server that I found in the mix:

FJgDmHR.png
    Post edited by TimSad on
  • PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    can somebody of DICE/EA react? this is not good at all!!!!

@Braddock512 , did they remove quickmatch traffic from our vanilla servers???