This Week in Battlefield V

Server not populating

Comments

• -LANDOIE
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Same problem with my server.... until yesterday was filling really quick... today ive been sitting for half hour and no one is joining.
  • Jabbajaws77
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As per twitter it was planned maintenance again

Jabbajaws77
  • renesweb74
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
  • renesweb74
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
  • renesweb74
    edited November 2016
    my answer:

Programming in affect. Instead of getting basic things to work, they screw around in working things.

slowly I thinking about refund the paid amount for rent servers.

• UnCuT80
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2016
    Maybe here is a reason:

In BF4 - there was a Button for joining official or ranked servers and it was working. Now in Bf1 ..... without words.

a5vkqu7f.png
  • Jabaariyn
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    SoC-TimSad wrote: »
    Wow! So, every player from every server got dumped at around 12:00am PST while a few of my guys and I were playing and immediately I had to idea to take advantage of this moment and try and populate our server. Well, it worked successfully and I made sure to ask everyone whether or not they Quickmatched in. They all said they joined through the server browser. So, since the server matched all the user's filters more so than any DICE Official server did at the time, they kept piling in. Then, I go to look at the server list again... Take a look at the only non DICE server that I found in the mix:

FJgDmHR.png

Lucky you buddy! I decided i'd had enough of this last night and went online with EA Live Chat and got a refund for my 180 day server. It wasn't that difficult..maybe when the RSP is fully functional, and we know exactly what we're getting i'll order it again, but for now i'm out.
  • renesweb74

Lucky you buddy! I decided i'd had enough of this last night and went online with EA Live Chat and got a refund for my 180 day server. It wasn't that difficult..maybe when the RSP is fully functional, and we know exactly what we're getting i'll order it again, but for now i'm out.

I´m too NOW - let refund my 180 Day Server today #causalGreetztoDICE

My Statement:

"Today a maintenance was carried out in the Battlefield network. This disabled the Quickjoin / Quickmatch to rented servers. The Rent-A-Server program was so far in Beta status and not at all thought, let alone programmed. Now they are starting to develop it. By the "hold legs" for customers, the rights were already circumcised anyway, I decided to terminate the BF1 server of the "Bamboo s Bar" and I am refunding the amount.

For me, it is not comprehensible that one is currently working on working things and thus bribing customers, rather than first rudimentary things to order."

• Remiflop
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm just sitting here laughing at how bizarre and messed up the situation is. Happy that my community did not get a server.
  • -LANDOIE
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
  • PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    wat are they doing??? jesus!
  • renesweb74
    edited November 2016
    Remiflop wrote: »
    I'm just sitting here laughing at how bizarre and messed up the situation is. Happy that my community did not get a server.

sorry your are kidding that's not professional like DICE in the RSP. We gave DICE a chance and hold hope in the doing of them but their customer thinking is far away from business.

But EA (Origin) Customer Service was great - I say: "Please refund" - Service: "No Problem" - Seems very clear the situation where costumers pay for ALPHA RSP software.
  • DrKramshaw
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Add a separate QM for personal servers or put 100% vanilla (except map rotation) back in the mixer.
    Optionally add the tick box for 'include unofficial'.
    I don't ever use QM but I imagine a good majority do. Clans need the traffic.

Additionally add a QM for custom servers.

Threads like this is why I have been holding off renting, and will continue to until I know my server will populate. And yet they just added more servers for EU/US! Go figure.

Lack of real matchmaking hurts the game - by which I mean there should be a process that is gathering up groups of 15+ players and putting them into a server. That function is either missing or broken - the reason I never use QM. Its 5 minutes of waiting only to arrive in an empty server. That is not a functioning QM or MM. Players should NEVER be put in a under filled server. Never. And this is not complicated. Halo 2 did MM right the first time anyone did it in 2004!
  • Porthos1973
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bs.jpg

That is the problem. The communities that have kept the franchise going while the casuals came and went aren't being listened to.
  • DrKramshaw
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Striving for improvement is admirable but as a dev I would take issue with the idea that I was ever 'reinventing the wheel'. That is not something you aim for. Alas, here we are.

The adage that 'your users know when something is broken, even if they don't know how to fix it' comes to mind.
  • PBS-powerbits01
    edited November 2016
    bs.jpg

That is the problem. The communities that have kept the franchise going while the casuals came and went aren't being listened to.

well taking away our quickmatch, will not give us a better experience!
    Post edited by PBS-powerbits01 on
  • Gatornade
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Here ya go. Mr. Hassoon replied to my post about this same subject here:
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/446678/#Comment_446678
  • PBS-powerbits01
    Gatornade wrote: »
    Here ya go. Mr. Hassoon replied to my post about this same subject here:
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/446678/#Comment_446678

i dont see the same subject... these are vanilla rented servers getting no traffic anymore, not custom servers..