Weekly BF

Server not populating

Comments

• ElStryfe
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The amazing part of his twitter comment. He thinks he can do something better that's been done for the past 10 years.
  • Tr3adst3r
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    Well said Stryfe, Bf4 servers was the cumulation of lessons learned from all incarnation of battlefield as to what worked and did not work for the PC gaming community, to now toss that legacy out the window is the height of hubris.

A lot of clans now have server idling and stupid start requirement will ensure that they say dead.

• ECHO-0G
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just canceled our server and got REFUND via EA live chat ! These servers are a JOKE !!!
  • swats73
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ECHO-0G wrote: »
    Just canceled our server and got REFUND via EA live chat ! These servers are a JOKE !!!

^^This
  • -LANDOIE
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    After this servers manteinance i didnt get 1 single player joining my servers.... they were full 24/7 the past week...
  • swats73
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    after this morning server maint RSP servers no longer get quick match traffic. good luck trying to get 20+ people.
  • Victor-_-TheStar
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    This just screwed over many server owners with this decision. Now server owners have to be punished because people are to lazy to use the server browser to find a dice official server.

What a great thanksgiving gift to the server owners.
  • Girl-In-Pigtails
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @Braddock512
    @Striterax
    @TheBikingViking

I don't have 1, I have 3 servers @ 180 days. They have no custom settings and not a single quick match. Will be talking with my group today to see if I should cancel them.

-lindsay [Girl-In-Pigtails]
    [ELDR] Elder Gamers
  • TrollFarmer
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Its because ppl complained about BADMINS instead of just finding a new server. Now they are shooting self in **** with cheaters. No Africa servers, servers only in 1 data center in all of Europe.

IT sucks, but thank every one that complained about it instead of just finding a new server.
    Not all admins were bad but the bad seeds ruined it for everyone when ppl moaned about the few the shittards.
  • Girl-In-Pigtails
    I just do not see the logic.
  • Fraggle306
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
  • Fraggle306
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ECHO-0G wrote: »

Very sensible. Maybe in a year they get their act together. Seems like they fall into the same trap with every BF release. As if they don´t want to learn from the past.
  • GllsBelgium
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    I dont understand why they changed the system. It was much better in BF4. People that want to play games in a social way will refuse to buy BF1 or stop playing it and return to BF4.
  • incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So are these servers with completely vanilla settings or custom servers?

I have two servers, one always fills, the other not at all. Haven't checked today though to see if it's up.
  • Girl-In-Pigtails
    incapslap wrote: »
    So are these servers with completely vanilla settings or custom servers?

I have two servers, one always fills, the other not at all. Haven't checked today though to see if it's up.

Vanilla.
  • TimSad
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    There seems to be confusion among this thread. Number one being that some people in this thread are thinking we're talking about QM not sending players to Custom servers and number two being that people are thinking the problem this thread was originally created for arose from this maintenance.

This thread was created 8 hours before the mentioned maintenance took place, therefore this sudden problem of not getting player traffic had nothing to do with that downtime/maintenance. Also, to clarify things even further, we are not talking about Custom servers not receiving any QM traffic. Rather, we are talking about our normal, vanilla settings servers not receiving any traffic because ever since the day of this thread's creation, QM for some reason stopped sending players our way. Instead, all QM traffic is going to "DICE Official" servers. In addition to that, it's gonna be hard for people to find our servers via the browser because the server listing now favors the "DICE Official" servers as shown here: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/452623/#Comment_452623

• DrKramshaw
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    From his comments, it was 'a bug not a feature' that unofficial servers were getting QM traffic. They probably squashed the bug.

And hopefully realise it created bigger problems.

As for custom/ranked, at least with ranked you can play that anywhere. Custom servers not being populated is the same issue of not having a QM filling servers, except there aren't hundreds of servers to play on. Just the one or two unpopulated ones!

They will end up solving both these things together, or not at all.
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its because ppl complained about BADMINS instead of just finding a new server. Now they are shooting self in **** with cheaters. No Africa servers, servers only in 1 data center in all of Europe.

IT sucks, but thank every one that complained about it instead of just finding a new server.
    Not all admins were bad but the bad seeds ruined it for everyone when ppl moaned about the few the shittards.

Couldn't agree with you more. I'm so sick all the whiners now days. I've said this so many times... IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE SERVER RULES, GO **** PLAY ELSEWHERE.. It's just that simple. Or am I missing something??
  • TimSad
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    DrKramshaw wrote: »
    From his comments, it was 'a bug not a feature' that unofficial servers were getting QM traffic. They probably squashed the bug.

I find it hard to believe that they never intended for our rented servers (even with standard, non-custom settings) to get QM traffic. QM traffic to DICE Official servers only seems a bit selfish. Are we sure Striterax didn't just mistakenly say Official instead of "non-Custom" or "default setttings" server or something like that? Maybe in his tweet, he was meaning for "Official" to suggest default settings instead of it suggesting "DICE Official" servers?
  • Girl-In-Pigtails
    SoC-TimSad wrote: »
    DrKramshaw wrote: »

I find it hard to believe that they never intended for our rented servers (even with standard, non-custom settings) to get QM traffic. QM traffic to DICE Official servers only seems a bit selfish. Are we sure Striterax didn't just mistakenly say Official instead of "non-Custom" or "default setttings" server or something like that? Maybe in his tweet, he was meaning for "Official" to suggest default settings instead of it suggesting "DICE Official" servers?

No, he did not mis-speak.
    Striterax wrote: »
    Read my post again, Custom Games and RSP servers are supposed to have their own matchmaking options. Not to be confused with the regular quickmatch options.