Server not populating

Comments

• TimSad
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    SoC-TimSad wrote: »
    DrKramshaw wrote: »
    From his comments, it was 'a bug not a feature' that unofficial servers were getting QM traffic. They probably squashed the bug.

I find it hard to believe that they never intended for our rented servers (even with standard, non-custom settings) to get QM traffic. QM traffic to DICE Official servers only seems a bit selfish. Are we sure Striterax didn't just mistakenly say Official instead of "non-Custom" or "default setttings" server or something like that? Maybe in his tweet, he was meaning for "Official" to suggest default settings instead of it suggesting "DICE Official" servers?

No, he did not mis-speak.
    Striterax wrote: »
    Read my post again, Custom Games and RSP servers are supposed to have their own matchmaking options. Not to be confused with the regular quickmatch options.

Hmmm! If he did indeed mean exactly as he said, then I really can't see any way we're going to populate our servers at least not regularly. My guys in TeamSpeak right now are suggesting that I also do a refund on our rented server(s).
  • Girl-In-Pigtails
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    From his comments, it was 'a bug not a feature' that unofficial servers were getting QM traffic. They probably squashed the bug.

I find it hard to believe that they never intended for our rented servers (even with standard, non-custom settings) to get QM traffic. QM traffic to DICE Official servers only seems a bit selfish. Are we sure Striterax didn't just mistakenly say Official instead of "non-Custom" or "default setttings" server or something like that? Maybe in his tweet, he was meaning for "Official" to suggest default settings instead of it suggesting "DICE Official" servers?

Read my post again, Custom Games and RSP servers are supposed to have their own matchmaking options. Not to be confused with the regular quickmatch options.

Hmmm! If he did indeed mean exactly as he said, then I really can't see any way we're going to populate our servers at least not regularly. My guys in TeamSpeak right now are suggesting that I also do a refund on our rented server(s).

Well refunded 3 servers that had 180 days today. We figure if enough people cancel, they will listen. After all, you can always get them again. And right now there effectively unusable.
  • TimSad
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Well refunded 3 servers that had 180 days today. We figure if enough people cancel, they will listen. After all, you can always get them again. And right now there effectively unusable.

Personally, I'll give it til the beginning of next week, see if anything changes. If it's the same, then I will go ahead with the refund process. I gotta go find where I can read into the policies of a refund on these servers. Hopefully it won't be too late by then to go through with it.
  • Girl-In-Pigtails
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    [

Personally, I'll give it til the beginning of next week, see if anything changes. If it's the same, then I will go ahead with the refund process. I gotta go find where I can read into the policies of a refund on these servers. Hopefully it won't be too late by then to go through with it.

Was pretty easy. I went to the EA site and just talked to live support. The support guy did not even give me a hard time. I said the quick match changed so we can no longer populate the servers and I wanted a refund. His response was something along the line of, you're not the first one, give me 5 min to process.
  • TimSad
    edited November 2016
    Well, I hadn't seen this post of @Striterax from that other thread in this RSP sub-forum until just now...
    I just want to clarify the other issue you quoted me on and are reffering to.

There was another bug that we found that allowed ANY Custom Game to be part of the regular quickmatch, you can imagine the kind of issues this created.

Not to good so, So we disabled it.

A side effect was that Vanilla RSP servers was removed as well (not intended) so we are working on adressing that. The proper fix might take some time to implement, but I hope we can get there soon! Its on our high prio list.

I will try to visit the forums more often and make it part of my daily work routines, I hope that helps with communication.

On a side-note - I loved the Elder Gamers servers on previous Battlefields!

Regards
    Alex

So, removing vanilla RSP servers from being Quickmatch capable actually was unintentional after all. It was just a side effect of them fixing the system to not include any Custom servers in QM capabilities (because apparently that was happening?). Perhaps now I won't refund the servers and will just wait until they fix this issue. This makes me feel much better.

I do, however, wish there were some way I could easily bring the attention of my Custom "24/7 Argonne Forest, 2,000 tickets, no explosive" server to the masses of players out there. But that's a different matter in which I believe we're discussing in other threads.
  • -Q-DoePa
    89 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Unless you vote with your wallets, change will always be "soon" and "high on EA's prio list".

Day 4 of me not playing BF1. After 50 hours this game has become one dimensional and boring. Unless there are major changes made to the RSP in the next 3 to 4 weeks max, it will be RIP BF1 for me.
  • PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    Well, I hadn't seen this post of @Striterax from that other thread in this RSP sub-forum until just now...
    I just want to clarify the other issue you quoted me on and are reffering to.

There was another bug that we found that allowed ANY Custom Game to be part of the regular quickmatch, you can imagine the kind of issues this created.

Not to good so, So we disabled it.

A side effect was that Vanilla RSP servers was removed as well (not intended) so we are working on adressing that. The proper fix might take some time to implement, but I hope we can get there soon! Its on our high prio list.

I will try to visit the forums more often and make it part of my daily work routines, I hope that helps with communication.

On a side-note - I loved the Elder Gamers servers on previous Battlefields!

Regards
    Alex

So, removing vanilla RSP servers from being Quickmatch capable actually was unintentional after all. It was just a side effect of them fixing the system to not include any Custom servers in QM capabilities (because apparently that was happening?). Perhaps now I won't refund the servers and will just wait until they fix this issue. This makes me feel much better.

I do, however, wish there were some way I could easily bring the attention of my Custom "24/7PArgonne Forest, 2,000 tickets, no explosive" server to the masses of players out there. But that's a different matter in which I believe we're discussing in other threads.

It does not make me feel better, they made a mistake and have a MAJOR bug thats crippling all our RSP servers...
    And the solution from DICE/EA to this MAJOR fault is " The proper fix might take some time to implement"

Come on , we all love this game, but how they do things is realy not good!

Post edited by PBS-powerbits01 on
  • AcTiv_Loulouuu
    16 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is so **** up, its unbelievable. Let people pay for a server and then remove everything so they can fill it. This could have been the best BF ever cause
    its really an amazing game. But the server rental politics is a pure joke, the people who did this for sure never played any BF game or are familiar with the BF PC Community. Shame. *rings the bell* Shame.*rings the bell*.... ^^
  • Remiflop
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Don't worry. It will take some time for the fix, but it will come soon. You just have to wait a bit more with your empty servers.
  • JohnnyGoodkat
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Worked for 3 days straight… now it's broken. Canceled our server and got the refund. At least their Support knows how bad they **** up and don't give you a hard time.
  • Jabaariyn
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016

During the purchase on the server it did say that this purchase is "not eligible" under EA's Game Guarantee program. But having said that, it wasn't to difficult. They asked me why, and i told them it's because my server has never appeared on the browser without searching it by name, and after Tuesday's maintenance i no longer receive QM players..
  • olavafar
    1942 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same issue on our DADS clan server (Europe) yesterday. Only two non DAD people joined and they had either explicitly search for 'swe' (=swedish) server or they joined on us as Origin friends.
  • CitizenX13225
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So right now their isn't any RSP servers up? I just want to play on a custom rented server. Not a dice server right now
  • Bear_Rux
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Stupid dice! Same here.... We are DICED >:)
  • PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Same here and if you go in a DICE server , they startup in 50 seconds....
  • -3D-Pix
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    "A side effect was that Vanilla RSP servers was removed as well (not intended) so we are working on addressing that."

So now we wait until our Vanilla servers get QM back... Who wants to take bets on how long this could take?
  • PBS-powerbits01
    -3D-Pix wrote: »
    "A side effect was that Vanilla RSP servers was removed as well (not intended) so we are working on addressing that."

So now we wait until our Vanilla servers get QM back... Who wants to take bets on how long this could take?

Maybe they want to do a few weeks of "questions" first! They must solve this asap, this is not workable!

• -3D-Pix
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Maybe they want to do a few weeks of "questions" first! They must solve this asap, this is not workable!

All I know is this has got to be fixed within the next couple days. This is a HUGE problem.

• baz_Millwalll_FC
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There to busy counting our money , no admin 20 ppl to start a server , just DICE servers full .
    Can´t wait until May when battalion 1944 comes out , going to **** DICE off cba anymore . #moneygrabbing*unts
  • swats73
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There to busy counting our money , no admin 20 ppl to start a server , just DICE servers full .
    Can´t wait until May when battalion 1944 comes out , going to **** DICE off cba anymore . #moneygrabbing*unts

yep I have supported Battalion 1944 on Kickstarter and looking forward to it.