Weekly BF

DICE please consider adding BattlEye anticheat to bf1

Comments

• StarscreamUK
    7316 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    trig0tron wrote: »
    Cheating could be handled so easily through scripting...

Just have it set up, where if a variety of Players use /cheater (player name) on said player's name, a given amount of times within a certain amount of time, their stats are run by fairplay and if verified, they can only play on purgatory servers.

Away from the those who are not cheating.

fairplay has one of my stats being 755% above average.......
  • samplercio
    127 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's already marred, I've seen more cheaters myself in this BF launch more than any other. People who say they haven't really just don't know what they are looking for.

It's not really FairFight or Battleye, or Punkbuster that's the problem. It's the policy and lack of importance placed on the issue. The only way you really get rid of cheaters is by a severe (and I mean severe) system. Certainly too severe for the politically correct EA/ DICE.

You'd need a permanent, non-negotiable, zero tolerance policy (no temporary bans / second chance nonsense - ZERO tolerance). With the following features:

A robust client-side anti-cheat system, frequently updated, to detect cheats as well as is possible, such as Battleye. Along with a statistics based system, such as Fairfight. Once the software flags a user and is confirmed by a human staff member, using a spectate mode etc, the following actions /deterrents would need to occur.

-Permanent multi-hardware ID ban on Motherboard, CPU, storage drive and GPU at a minimum. (If a genuine user bought these second hand, then that'd be "tough luck" I'm afraid, and would need to be factored into the risk of buying used computer parts for gaming.)

-Origin account ban - which also carries over to activating ANY multi player games in future - Permanent and non-negotiable.

-Details shared on a database with other multiplayer game publishers, on a "known offenders list" (a bit like how insurance companies share data to protect against fraud). This would need be in the T&C's of opening an EA account. Once banned, the user would therefore not be able to use any online functions in any game by other major publishers with any of the same hardware and / or identity details.

Once banned, in order to continue playing online a cheater would need to go to the expense and/or hassle of:

Investing in completely new hardware, (or have to be buy further cheat software to manipulate this)
    Setup a new Origin account with a different payment card/account and re-buy the same game on a different personal identity.
    Change identify on all other major DRM platforms they use also.

The problem is not that it is impossible to eliminate the majority of cheating, it's that companies don't want to spend the money, don't want to work together to do it, don't want to implement the policies, and / or don't want to have the public backlash from the "do-gooders" about the severity of the punishment, and how "little timmy didn't mean it, he needs another chance."

But we all know what happens when you go soft. As such we now have a problem where casual cheaters just don't believe there's any consequence to their actions (and who can blame them for that?!) as such, they have the thought process of "well, why not cheat?"

A quick search on Youtube / Google on cheats for BF1, shows the sheer volume of people that are on these cheat forums, watching and commenting, asking questions about the cheats etc. It's far from a tiny number of people that are currently prepared to try cheating, despite what we may be led to believe. Remember not all cheaters are dumb enough to be obvious about it.

Im used to sell and buy on second hand market, a ther is a big ocasion market i south europe. My GPU is second hand and my GSYNC monitor too. But besides the hardware ID, which im absoletely agains, i would support all of your zero tolerance policy. In fact ill never purchase any other EA game until they change their anticheat policys.... Maybe if u wouldnt buying all those EA games they would have already changed their policys ;). Its right to talk about these things and make big posts but if u keep buying the same **** to the same old companys, anything will change never, we don't give them reasons to change... as you said we all know what happens when we go soft....we need go harder with big companys too no matter how is metacritic prasing a game....
  • r1ch4rdNZ
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    I feel that probably the only way that we will ever get EA/DICE to properly address the cheating issue is through their sales; i.e. negative advertising for the game. If popular youtube channels like lvlcap, jackfrags etc. could be convinced to highlight this in a similar way to how they did for the bf4 launch shambles then we might get some real action. It was only the negative publicity about bf4 that ultimately forced EA/DICE to establish the CTE, although most of the credit should go to DICE LA for stepping up to the task.
  • r1ch4rdNZ
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    trig0tron wrote: »
    Cheating could be handled so easily through scripting...

Just have it set up, where if a variety of Players use /cheater (player name) on said player's name, a given amount of times within a certain amount of time, their stats are run by fairplay and if verified, they can only play on purgatory servers.

Away from the those who are not cheating.

fairplay has one of my stats being 755% above average.......

How do you check your stats against fairfight?

EDIT: sorry I see you meant fairplay not fairfight
  • frankbama
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Decided to contact EA directly about this issue, finally gave up. Once you get the information in they want to send you to the forums or wait over an hour for chat.
  • czopor-old_man
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    *removed*

Battlefield 1 "anticheat"... WP EA/DICE when this **** do nothing even to obvious cheaters...
  • czopor-old_man
    edited November 2016
    oh and btw...

*removed name and shame*
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • StarscreamUK
    7316 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    removed the image for name & shame, but you are holding up scores of 41-2 and 32-4 as being "proof" of cheating??
  • czopor-old_man
    I was there and i know?... Maybe i should wait to the end?... f... logic.
  • TheNoobPolice
    1579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    It's the little things that wind me up that should be taken care of, I mean why on earth are ambiguous characters allowed in user names? Let's assume for a moment that the reporting system is second to none, and every genuine cheater who is reported is banned instantly....If you have to log in to Origin and search for a player to report, it helps if you can actually search for the correct name?

I've seen so many hackers called things like this (fictional example)

"llllIIIllIIlI||IIllII||"

Has someone at EA/ DICE really not thought of that yet? Banning at least two of those characters in user names would seem simple to me, in the same way you're not allowed both a 0 and an O on a vehicle licence plate, and for good reason!

It's a simple way to make sure if people need to be reported they can be, but again it's just not being paid attention to. Whilst looking slightly different here, in the in-game font all those 3 different characters look identical. Oh that's right, I should have Origin in-game enabled - except I can't because it's buggy as heck and crashes the game more often than not. Another reason why we need an actual in-game reporting system handled in the BF1.exe. Origin is not an in-game reporting system and never will be.

Has someone at EA/ DICE really not thought of that yet? It's a simple way to make sure if people need to be reported they can be, but again it's just not being paid attention to.

So frustrated with this.

• StarscreamUK
    you dont need to know their name though, they can use as many characters as they want, all you do is select the scoreboard in game, double click their name and it takes you to their origin where you can report them
  • sweWhackamole
    217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    you dont need to know their name though, they can use as many characters as they want, all you do is select the scoreboard in game, double click their name and it takes you to their origin where you can report them

Hey starscream! haha there you are. Havent managed to see you in game yet :smiley: Nice to see you!
  • Bryjo3
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Are you denying that there are not a lot of cheaters in this game right now @StarscreamUK ? I don't typically whine about them, and in general, I have had a pretty clean experience overall. It definitely is getting worse, I saw at least 1 blatant hacker on this weekend and in all probability and entire clan of hackers a few minutes ago.

Something needs to be done, I am about ready to stop playing and I am sure others are too.
  • StarscreamUK
    I have to be honest, I have seen 1 person I could say hand on heart I thought was a cheater, maybe just 4 or 5 maybe's.

I'm not saying they aren't out there, only an idiot would say that. I would guess I have just been lucky to not be in any of the rounds where the rage hackers are... and that's all they are there for to make you rage. I came across more hackers in bf3 than I did bf4, but not as many as Homefront.........
  • Cryphisss
    3110 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V

Works only if you have Origin overlay (in-game) enabled. Many have disabled it. :(
  • ThePro_PR
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm reporting a cheater right now. It was pretty damn obvious and he was on my team and squad so I followed him an made a video of it. He was support and he was shooting across the map (and with heavy fog) and racking up kills. It was insane. After the second round of a major win I quit, it was pretty damn boring (the only reason I sticked for so long was because of the video; In the second game I didn't get a single kill). He was killing people so fast after they spawned that rest of my teammates couldn't even get kills.

I have been playing since day 1 (when the Origin Access started; 214 hours and counting) and this is the first time I encounter a hacker. Sure I have seen the message in the chat that x player has been kicked/banned, but never a hands one experience with a cheater.

Is there any way to track to see if something has been done after a few days/weeks? (Like you can see on Steam when a player has been banned).

Also, we really need a system to kick-vote people of the match. This is a MUST.
  • Kamelot19300
    116 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    there is no hax in bf1,its not allowed from dice!!!!
  • Kaltstein
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It would definitely not hurt if EA and DICE would begin to take this problem seriously ...
  • Kamelot19300
    116 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    but who hax?
  • StarscreamUK
    there is no hax in bf1,its not allowed from dice!!!!

nice trolling, enjoy the points.