All conquest maps need to have AA and LOTS of it.

DivineBaal
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
There are a few maps where the flyboys have to fly their planes but still a few maps where there is proper AA.

They fly around stoppning bombs on your spawn area and they can rack up points without any resistance. Every home spawn should have plenty of AA where there is planes available.

Comments

• _Weeaboo1440_
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How about no... the aa is fine, more annoying then fine but its whatever, the aa has ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ range on it so you should be able to do something and if not well then thats your problem
  • DivineBaal
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ok. Then lets take out all anti-tank weapons as well. No need to be able to take down a tank, plane, horse, car and so on.
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How about no... the aa is fine, more annoying then fine but its whatever, the aa has **** range on it so you should be able to do something and if not well then thats your problem
    Actually, the range is not enough against the bomber that is perfectly able to bomb it from high altitude.

• MarkFury67
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DivineBaal wrote: »
    Ok. Then lets take out all anti-tank weapons as well. No need to be able to take down a tank, plane, horse, car and so on.

On what map is there an anti-tank weapon that has any use? Field guns? Not against any tanker with brains. You have all the tools necessary to keep planes out of the sky on every map. Including using planes yourself. If you're having serious problems with a plane get your squad together and shoot it as they pass by. A decent squad can take 3/4 of a plane's health in a single pass.

Vehicles require teamwork to stop. If you don't have teamwork, they will dominate you. If you have teamwork, you'll never even know they were there.
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MarkFury67 wrote: »

On what map is there an anti-tank weapon that has any use? Field guns? Not against any tanker with brains. You have all the tools necessary to keep planes out of the sky on every map. Including using planes yourself. If you're having serious problems with a plane get your squad together and shoot it as they pass by. A decent squad can take 3/4 of a plane's health in a single pass.

Vehicles require teamwork to stop. If you don't have teamwork, they will dominate you. If you have teamwork, you'll never even know they were there.
    No, that doesnt work.

Read this topic: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/58742/planes-unkillable-from-ground-since-patch/p1
  • Infinite_12
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are you drunk? There's way too many AA turrets on these maps.

Ballroom blitz- 6
    Fao Fortress- 4
    St. Quntin Scar- 7
    SinaI Desert- 4
    Monte Grappa- 6
    Empire's Edge- 7

AND there are Artillery trucks (moving aa turrets) that planes have to deal with. The AA needs a nerf. They could have kept the damage the same on them but nerf the range and the number of them. There's way too many
  • Jlinz20
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    The AA doesn't need a nerf or a buff, its fine,

No, that doesnt work.

Read this topic: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/58742/planes-unkillable-from-ground-since-patch/p1

Yeah, the argument in that thread is over.

It started at "Planes are invincible against ground", when that was debunked through videos, the argument shifted to "Oh now planes can die, but they don't die fast enough to AA".

I don't even want to guess where its going to go from there. No balance decision will come out of threads that keep moving goal posts. If some of you spent as much time in game perfecting tactics, strategies and your own skill set as you do complaining on these forums, you'd probably find you have alot less issues going forward.
  • Hawxxeye
    6890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How about no... the aa is fine, more annoying then fine but its whatever, the aa has **** range on it so you should be able to do something and if not well then thats your problem
    Actually, the range is not enough against the bomber that is perfectly able to bomb it from high altitude.
    As someone who uses the bomber often I can confirm that. I have never been shot down purely by AA while flying high. I have bombed the AAs instead
  • DingoKillr
    4013 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Empire, Monte, Scar, Sinai, ballroom, Fao, Suez and Argonne wait that all of them. Could some be in better location damn right some could, and the Field Gun turning could be improved too.

If I got just half my squad together I could easily take out a Tank, so why should I need a full squad to 3/4 damage to a plane, should I not be able to destroy it with half a squad too?
    AND there are Artillery trucks (moving aa turrets) that planes have to deal with. The AA needs a nerf. They could have kept the damage the same on them but nerf the range and the number of them. There's way too many

Are these planes and trucks the same ones that seem to have lack of availability to spawn on some maps. I have seen 2 tanks spawn disappear while our single tank face 3 enemy ones.
  • Infinite_12
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    As someone who uses the bomber often I can confirm that. I have never been shot down purely by AA while flying high. I have bombed the AAs instead

I don't know if I believe this......never been shot down purely by AA? Even before the damage nerf? I find that hard to believe.
  • DingoKillr
    4013 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There are a few maps where the flyboys have to fly their planes but still a few maps where there is proper AA.

They fly around stoppning bombs on your spawn area and they can rack up points without any resistance. Every home spawn should have plenty of AA where there is planes available.

One of the issue I am seeing is not the AA location so much but the lack of available AA.

You take down a plane and more then likely a new plane will arrive about 90s later. You take down AA and you have to wait at least 180s for it to reappear. So a team is punished for losing their AA.
    The issue here is that can allow planes greater influence over the battle then what some pilots are willing to admit.

Pilots tell us to use teamwork to counter them, which they themselves said is no counter to AA as teamwork does not exist in BF1 funny how 1 patch changes their argument some of my other favorites is use a plane to counter a plane= use OP vehicle to counter OP vehicle, use a AA Truck if the vehicle spawn is working the one I find that really bizarre is 1 man on AA should not control that much airspace, say the solo pilot that just taken out the enemies AA.
  • Hawxxeye
    6890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

I don't know if I believe this......never been shot down purely by AA? Even before the damage nerf? I find that hard to believe.
    As long as I maintained max altitude a single AA could not do enough damage to take me out before I did the same to them or got away.
  • Bratyiszlava
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    They should reduce the plane's maximum altitude, so they can't get away from AA by flying high up. It's stupid, and requires no skill. Outmanuever the AA on lower altitudes requires actual skill, so there would be much less K/D ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ pilot kiddies who just darting the flags then fly up until reload.
    Oh, and increase the K bullet damage agains planes drastically.
  • Removed11322
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Was playing a CQ round on empires edge and the enemy had attacks / bombers pounding us.
    Guess what? I got in a mobile AA and moved round the map chewing then up.
    The end.

Quit moaning about stationary AA.

And before anyone says "so we should lose a tank slot to do this?"
    Waaa waaa, yes you do.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Someone has never flown before.
  • DivineBaal
    edited November 2016
    Very useful on the Sinai Map. Just six a*holes flying along and rakning a dump. Other pilots don't care about dogfighting or hunting other pilots. Baseraping is all the do. strafing and bombing. But I have always hated flying babies in battlefield. Mainly because they are worse then snipers. Scum of the game; bomb base spawn and seldon counter-Pilot someone.
  • Subcool789
    667 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Very useful on the Sinai Map. Just six a*holes flying along and rakning a dump. Other pilots don't care about dogfighting or hunting other pilots. Baseraping is all the do. strafing and bombing. But I have always hated flying babies in battlefield. Mainly because they are worse then snipers. Scum of the game.

There are 3 AA turrets on Sinai - C, D and G and then some at the spawn zones. In addition you can take an AA truck and use it to great effectiveness on Sinai.

Attack and fighter planes will be destroyed in one salvo of direct hits. Bombers take a little less than 2 salvos of direct hits.

How incapable are you that you can't use the AA or AA truck to take down planes? It's not hard. At all.
  • Smaisteri
    396 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't understand why planes are such a big issue for some. They are ridiculously easy to counter.
  • ChickNFoot
    1627 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Any body who has 0 kills in planes shouldn't have any say on Air balance. Go and get in a plane and let's see the base ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ you will do?https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/psn/Divinebaal
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There's enough AA on all the maps to deal with airplanes.

@DivineBaal - Step #1 for you should be actually getting into a plane and understanding how air combat works, before you start complaining about what's wrong.