Is DICE going to do anything at all about the bunkers in MONTE GRAPPA ?

Comments

• LA7Mary3
    124 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Mostly its just a matter of organisation.
    A the bunker can be capped from the top in operations so take A and C, then turn the bunker top into a giant dance floor.
    Also the grenade spam works 2 ways and once explosives fly into the bunker simultaniously from both sides you can kill enough people in there to perform a mass charge.
    Just dont expect to take it with 32 special snowflakes all doing their individual little thing in 10 squads.

Yes. they are a challenge but doesnt it feel great if you actually win an operation like that instead of marching through them with your 250 reinforcements not giving a damn?
    The moment the challenge for the attacker is nerfed away winning will no longer matter.
  • GreyHound5011
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I dislike the idea of blowing up the top of the bunker. Instead I purpose that they add in a tunnel/ trench system that connects the bunkers which in some cases like the bunker on D(Conquest) would create two new entrances into it
  • Scruffy_McGuffy
    504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    KingKron93 wrote: »
    There definitely needs to be another entrance or windows or something. Just lost an entire operation to this, then won one. Just .because people camped in that bunker. We shouldnt have won the one we did either, they were dominating us up until we got in the bunker. Then we flushed all 3 battallions.
    That's 1 win and 1 loss. Sounds balanced.

I can't believe the people in here wanting a win button. It's already super easy to win as attackers on Oil of Empires and Kaiserschlacht. Not everything needs to be a cake walk.
  • Oracl3man
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    The B bunker is only about numbers, whichever team has the most people in it/on it wins. So throw a lucky nade thru the door and you can cap it while they respawn
  • KingKron93
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    KingKron93 wrote: »
    There definitely needs to be another entrance or windows or something. Just lost an entire operation to this, then won one. Just .because people camped in that bunker. We shouldnt have won the one we did either, they were dominating us up until we got in the bunker. Then we flushed all 3 battallions.
    That's 1 win and 1 loss. Sounds balanced.

I can't believe the people in here wanting a win button. It's already super easy to win as attackers on Oil of Empires and Kaiserschlacht. Not everything needs to be a cake walk.

Yeah my w/l ratio was balanced because i switched sides. Attackers won both times tho, and both times it was a stalemate over that bunker. That one objective wiped all 3 battallions, 2 games in a row. So i came here to see uf people were talking about it and sure enough lol
  • mappamundi
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If the airship crashes down on just right on B at San Rocco turret when it's destroyed it burns everyone inside the bunker. Then the attackers can take it assuming they've not all been burned all well. A daft but effective way to cap the point.
  • Bob_marleys_lung
    334 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I beat it last night as an attacker
  • Fizsprocket
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    It easy to capture if your team doesnt a group of cowards.
    Need to rush through 2 ways with smokes-gas and shotguns.
    Most of games attackers like scumbags sitting near enters and died one by one.

Tips for operation. take another 2 points and get bunker with a number superiority. You win a sector and can easily gek killed campers in bunker.
  • iRaw_Legend
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Best would be if the turrents dissapear when they are destroyed to leave a hole in the bunker so that the attackers can attack from above
  • Bob_marleys_lung
    334 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That's how we did it Fizs, gas nades in then charged in with shotguns.if you throw a grenade directly in front as you get to the bottom of the stairs you will clear the back wall, then obviously you will have the ones camping in the right corner as you enter. Shotgun them and hopefully your army pour in behind you.
  • Fizsprocket
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's how we did it Fizs, gas nades in then charged in with shotguns.if you throw a grenade directly in front as you get to the bottom of the stairs you will clear the back wall, then obviously you will have the ones camping in the right corner as you enter. Shotgun them and hopefully your army pour in behind you.

Also a good combo - smoke+bayonet charge. You can entry very fast and have a chance to kill some dude :D
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The term 'bunker' seems to escape people. *sign*...

Any and all grenades especially rifle grenades as they bounce before detonation. Smoke/gas and charge on in.

Or better yet make B your primary objective and rush it.

How about using your brain instead of bashing it against a wall.

You should try the last sector up at the fort with just Apples. Now that sector needs looking into but that's still dependent on the attacking and defending team capabilities. I.e. If you get the airship and still can't cap it, you've lost face it; you suck (or at least your team does). It really needs a second objective.
  • lerki0
    907 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There could be a really simple solution here. Dice should just make players dead in a gas cloud unrevivable .

This way it would cancel out the medics reviving players inside the bunker providing the room has been gassed first.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lerki0 wrote: »
    There could be a really simple solution here. Dice should just make players dead in a gas cloud unrevivable .

This way it would cancel out the medics reviving players inside the bunker providing the room has been gassed first.

Could just bring in Hardline's revive mechanic

Headshot - No revive
    Explosive kill - no revive
    Gas - I'm not sure I'll have to check
  • RabNebula
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    It makes no sense in these bunkers that you destroy the turret completely and there is no hole in the top of the bunker at all. It should be a strong turret but a weak spot that if destroyed can bust the top of the bunker open much like the centre of Operation Locker in BF4 would cave in. In doing that though, I do feel there needs to be a few more rocks and obstacles in the way up top as well as then it could be too easy to take. It's a fine balance but clearly a map rework along these lines is very much needed before Monte Grappa ends up getting coined Monte Crappa
  • Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dice are aware that there is a problem on Monte Grappe, think it was the lead world designer who confirmed they are aware of the bunker issue. Pretty sure they are planning to do something about it.
  • lerki0
    907 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    lerki0 wrote: »

Could just bring in Hardline's revive mechanic

Headshot - No revive
    Explosive kill - no revive
    Gas - I'm not sure I'll have to check
    Not sure about explosives being "no revive" because explosive spam can be rife.
    But certainly the other two.

I still think the turret having a levolution feature would be great but I cant imagine it being that easy to implement now the game is out.
  • Bergstrind
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think it would be great if they fixed the Mountain Cannon tunnels in Monte Grappa. Especially before the Operation Campaigns
  • poegle87
    126 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I only play Conquest so it may be different situation, but I have found that when you get to that scenario that your team are for some reason fixated on B/D bunkers rather than going for other points, it works if the team rushes the bunker together from both entrances, rather than sitting at the door hesitating.

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member