DirectX Function Error (Nvidia) - Are you actually serious EA? ( 28.03.17 - 21:34 CEST )

Comments

• Klonisko1
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Cherade9 wrote: »
    Paraphrase: How about your shut your yap?
    No you.
    Cherade9 wrote: »
    You want to mong on about legal, go to Reddit and do it there.
    As frustrating as this issue is, it'll be far more frustrating if we don't have a central place to discuss it because of keyboard warriors braying threats they'll never carry out. As much as a certain now-conspicuous-by-their-absence mod was on here acting like a tool earlier in this thread, Starscream and LolGotYeretc.. are displaying great patience and are actually being quite helpful on occasion. Antagonising them doesn't fix your game - you hear my drums?

What's between me and mods is mine responsibility. Get off the way meek dog, no one needed your offtopic.
    Patience? Yes. Go cower in the corner.

What threats? Where are keyboard warriors? Delusional much?

PS. Any half brain mod would know that complains are to be passed on instead to be taken personally. That's what for they are here among others tasks.

• GeCore_TheSaint
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    OneEyedBob wrote: »

That's how you bypass it, did you use DDU first? Make sure you don't have another file by the same name left over from previous drivers.

And there you are, my lovely mistake and failure.
    Of course I forgot about the DDU.

So I went through the whole process again, this time with DDU, and it fixed my problem. Let's hope my game doesn't crash anymore.

Edit : I am going to play some time now and report back, if it helped.
  • StarscreamUK
    7070 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Actually, the reason legal action can't be discussed here is quite common amongst large companies. Once legal action is threatened all communication between the user is halted. Any further discussion has to be via their legal counsel, and any legal counsel worth heir salt would also tell the client to cease posting. It can prejudice their case.
  • Pauschke
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    After over one month an now with the driver 376.09 running... Still nth. works. I have an Asus Gamer Republic Notebook with a GTX970M.. and me as an Idiot bought the Ultimate Edition... with permanent crashes... That was definetly the last time i bought an EA Product at launch date...Unbelivable. A 129 € Product.... not refundable.. not properly working.
    Let's all sue EA for emotional Torture
    Greets
  • FunBobb
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    After trying the Unpark thing the crashes are even worse. The 'good' thing is that it now gives a different more explained error:

Before:
    fout.png

After:
    crash.png

• serpico074
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Last Post by nvidia

Cattura.jpg
  • Ghost_LeaderBG
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I was just about to post this. At least someone is working on the issues, the SLI stuff are at the mercy of DICE's extremely slow patching process.
  • OneEyedBob
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    FunBobb wrote: »
    After trying the Unpark thing the crashes are even worse. The 'good' thing is that it now gives a different more explained error:

Before:
    fout.png

After:
    crash.png

Not surprised it didn't work as it's already been established it's not a hardware issue. The only thing that has worked for large numbers of people with 600/700 series cards is the older drivers.
  • Shaft3rX
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Same here. Also have a gtx 770. Ive fixed this crash by limiting the fps to 60 prior to the fall update. After that it still crashed no matter what.
    Some useful info i gathered:
    Crashes happen only on St Quentin Scar, Empire Edge and Ballroom Blitz. The domination variant of St Quentin did not crashed the game. Maximum performance on nVidia control panel reduced the crashes. Vsync reduces the crashes. Setting maximum rendered frames to 3 made the game run stable for 3 hours before crashing on Ballroom Blitz. Modern Warfare Remastered crashed with the same error so im guessing its drivers fault. Sometimes after the crash, the GPU performance is decreased, to fix this i have to restart the GPU from Device Manager. Running on fullscreen increased the chances of crashing. GPU temperature runs below 60º C.

Used DDU to wipe the drivers and installed 334.89, ill play for a while and see what happens

Update: Lost some fps (5-10) but it hasnt crashed yet. Also maps load a lot faster for some reason. I havent played St Quentin yet.
    Post edited by Shaft3rX on
  • TheGrippin
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    serpico074 wrote: »
    Last Post by nvidia

Cattura.jpg

How old is this statement? I mean, did u take this screen recently, or it's an older one?
  • Anvnamnet
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    And now all of a sudden, my game crashes after 1 min in the menu!........ Same "Device hung" error..... Just patch it already, skip the small things like spawning mid air. Just make the game playable in a quick fix. After that, you can fix all the in-game bugs...
  • Ghost_LeaderBG
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    TheGrippin wrote: »
    serpico074 wrote: »
    Last Post by nvidia

Cattura.jpg

How old is this statement? I mean, did u take this screen recently, or it's an older one?

It's just a few hours old. It was posted by ManuelG on the Geforums as part of the new drivers' discussion thread.
  • mapthunt
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    my crashes stopped when i started using geoforce experience to optimise and launch the game.
  • drunkmonk74
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It's just a few hours old. It was posted by ManuelG on the Geforums as part of the new drivers' discussion thread.

Yeah 376.09 has been released by nVidia. But at the time of posting here, bug fix details have not been released. Currently only states it's a game ready driver for Watch Dogs 2

• 1976ramzes
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    New drivers 376.09
  • ALPHAZ_Pretorian
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Clear install of 337.88 and crashes disappear on my GTX680
  • bf234
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    New driver 376.09 appears to be working better. Have played several maps without crashes :) Fingers crossed!
  • hawkiehawk
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    see battlebugtracker : https://www.bftracker.com/view.php?id=2559

lets see which news are coming or not :-/// hope the best that it get fixed.

Marked as : high !
  • DeathlockIII
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Guys , Honestly , when is this error going to be fixed??? I'm running Nvidia GE Force GTX 760, and not only does the game crap out on me during play, but almost 80% of the time when I'm trying to customize my weapons grrrrrrrrr!!!!

Windows 10
    x64 Operating system
    Nvidia GeFroce GTX 760
    AMD FX (tm) 8 Core 3.5 GHz
    32GB Ram

Surely there cant be an issue with my setup? I even get crappy lag on Medium and High Graphic Settings. And the Graphics lag is unbearable , which then results in Direct X Function Error.

Can u guys please get back to us, as this game wasn't cheap at all esp when I like most, have purchased the Ultimate Edition.

Please get hold of all of us ASAP please for a fix!
  • PandaVner
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bf234 wrote: »
    New driver 376.09 appears to be working better. Have played several maps without crashes :) Fingers crossed!
    And, nope, crashed again.
    GTX680
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!