5 things wrong in BF1

Hitmanbarnes
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
My opinion so this may differ to others.
1)When I was in a game players were doing nothing so as I tried in chat to get ppl to do this there answer was this is BF and how it is, I then asked what was your 1st BF game, to witch he replied BF1. it started over ppl not doing there jobs or doin nothing at all, they should be doing there best to help the team and when I told them that this is why we play BF. I was told well not on this 1. I play BF for the team work and to at least try and win but that isn't the case no more. Thanx to dicer wanting to get the COD players into dice (which is a good thing) but most don't change to how BF should be played.

2)Grenade spam still is a huge issue and ruins the flow and feel of the games.

3)AA's still way to good, I love flying and fly as much as poss. but the AA's still make flying no fun

4)The game feels more like a COD game than a Battlefield game, just on larger maps. :-(

5)there isn't enough progress system that would help towards encouraging me to play more. :'(

These are my opinions as a BF vet, I miss how battlefield game use to be. I'm nearly 30 and don't want a loved franchise to turn into COD. I play BF for the slower play, teamwork and the awesome vehicles. Dice keep up the good work but please DONT get greedy and try to satisfy mindless COD style of a games, Do your BF the way it should be done.

Comments

• Mynx1911
    422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You are too late. BF1 is more even with Star Wars Battlefront than BF3.
  • Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Agree with 5. Not so much the rest. The lack of teamwork isn't the fault of the game, it's the players. People. Don't look back on how great the human race used to be with rose tinted glasses. This is how people are, mostly, in online gaming now. You get some gems that want to play a game how it's supposed to be played, but we live in a time when every glitch and exploit is used by thousands of people just because they can, when stats you can humiliate other people with are way more important than helping someone not so good learn or working as a team. It's just people, happens in just about every online multiplayer game you will ever play, not just shooters.
  • Evil_Barabbas
    533 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    My opinion so this may differ to others.
    1)When I was in a game players were doing nothing so as I tried in chat to get ppl to do this there answer was this is BF and how it is, I then asked what was your 1st BF game, to witch he replied BF1. it started over ppl not doing there jobs or doin nothing at all, they should be doing there best to help the team and when I told them that this is why we play BF. I was told well not on this 1. I play BF for the team work and to at least try and win but that isn't the case no more. Thanx to dicer wanting to get the COD players into dice (which is a good thing) but most don't change to how BF should be played.

2)Grenade spam still is a huge issue and ruins the flow and feel of the games.

3)AA's still way to good, I love flying and fly as much as poss. but the AA's still make flying no fun

4)The game feels more like a COD game than a Battlefield game, just on larger maps. :-(

5)there isn't enough progress system that would help towards encouraging me to play more. :'(

These are my opinions as a BF vet, I miss how battlefield game use to be. I'm nearly 30 and don't want a loved franchise to turn into COD. I play BF for the slower play, teamwork and the awesome vehicles. Dice keep up the good work but please DONT get greedy and try to satisfy mindless COD style of a games, Do your BF the way it should be done.

AA was nerfed enough already... Sounds like you want to be able to fly the whole match without dying once and getting 60+ kills...
  • olavafar
    1847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It would be nice with less COD references here for those of us that has not played COD. I played it a long time ago but then it was a single player game I think.

In general I only think number 2 is on my top 5 list, but only on some maps and in some modes so I'm not sure it can easily be fixed (as 1 and 4 goes away due to the COD refs, so I cannot relate.)
  • Leetch002_mtdrh
    182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Of all the issues, those are the things you are concerned with?

How about ...

Getting stuck on every rock, crevice and tree branch imaginable. I can't even jump over a grasshopper at times.

Load times - yup dem load times are horrid.

Lockups. At least on the PS4, it's better to close the game completely then restart the game as opposed to exiting a room and finding another.

Underpowered mortars - I've used both mortars and watched as they land on someones head only to do 60 damage......nice. (Increase damage, and make load times much longer). Many may not agree with this.

Server browser. I love how I see a server with 22/24, click on it, only to be placed in a queue. This happens all the time. If I try to find another server I end up sitting on a loading screen for eternity. It seems as though the servers aren't correctly reflecting the number of players including those that are currently in the loading hell...

• Sixclicks
    5049 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. Infinite loading screens when quitting
    2. Model 10-A Hunter shotgun is OP and needs nerfing (I use it all the time because it's so OP)
    3. Battlepacks suck. There's no way to reliably get them, the drop rates of the higher quality skins suck, and most of the skins are pretty boring anyway.
    4. Frame rate drops on PC. I drop from a locked 144 fps down to the 70-80 fps range frequently. The drop makes the game look like it's lagging during the frame drop. I have a GTX 1080 and i7-6700k system.
    5. Some of the LMGs could still use a little more buffing

One more:
    6. Operations need to be re-balanced again. The buffs to the attacker side in the last update gave attackers way too much of an advantage now. They're not worth playing anymore unless you're on the attacking team now.

That's my 5 (+1) in no particular order.

As for your five...
    1. Poor teamwork is something that DICE can't really fix. It could be due to the high influx of COD players since so many were disappointed with COD:IW, but poor teamwork has been an issue in BF for as long as I can remember (I've played every Battlefield game except for 1942 and Hardline).

2. I haven't really had any problems with grenade spam. I mostly play Domination now though, so there are less players to spam grenades I suppose. I would be playing more Operations, but refer to point #6 above. I've kind of grown tired of Conquest after all these years playing it.

3. AAs are fine. In fact, they're pretty under-powered in Operations now since they're so easy to destroy and they take forever to respawn and there's so few of them in Operations. Maybe it's different in Conquest, in which case they would need to balance AA separately for each game mode.

4. Feels pretty much the same as previous BF titles to me. Other than maybe the way the Model 10-A Hunter and Automatico perform. Those particular guns feel very much like playing a COD game since you can literally just hipfire your way to victory with them. Which is essentially exactly the same as what I do with SMGs in COD where I have a 2.4 k/d (in Black Ops 3) just by running around hipfiring everyone to death with an SMG.

5. Yep, the progression system in this game is terrible. You get pretty much everything in the first 3 levels of each class and then go for another 7 levels in each class with zero unlocks. I don't understand why they didn't at least spread out the unlocks across those 10 levels. It still wouldn't have been enough imo, but it would be better than what they currently have. I want to hit level 10 with the Support and Medic classes because I've already hit level 10 with the Assault and Scout classes, but I also don't really care to since the level 10 Support and Medic weapons are garbage and there's nothing else between level 3 and 10 to interest me.
  • xKusagamix
    591 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The AA is already being nerfed badly, stop complaining about it because you can't bombing ppl without dying.
  • kruh-BF2142
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Too late dude, Battlefield has "evolved" take a look at some BF2 stats when it comes to vehicles

BATTLEFIELD 2 - Number of Vehicles

Dalian Plant: 35
    Daqing Oilfields: 51
    Dragon Valley: 50
    FuShe Pass: 58
    Songhua Stalemate: 42
    Gulf of Oman: 30
    Kubra Dam: 37
    Mashtuur City: 14
    Clean Sweep: 54
    Sharqi Peninsula: 19
    Strike at Karkand: 13
    Zatar Wetlands: 42

MINIMUM: 13
    MAXIMUM: 58
    AVERAGE: 37
  • Gizmo-TehAutizmo
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    In some attack planes gunner is totally blind front of a plane. In planes unlike this he can spot a ton of enemies on the ground. Either make all planes visible or all planes to have a wing obstructing the view
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    4816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • StarscreamUK
    6876 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    In some attack planes gunner is totally blind front of a plane. In planes unlike this he can spot a ton of enemies on the ground. Either make all planes visible or all planes to have a wing obstructing the view

and thats how it was in those planes...

however t his is a necro.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!