Battlefield 1 on PS4 Pro - Patch 1.04 and all related issues

Comments

• tHEfOnzE73
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    There are well over 200 changes listed in the patch notes and I am sure there would be other changes that didn't make the notes. Firstly they would have to identify each individual bug through testing and customer feedback. Any UI or non bug related changes would have to be discussed and plans made on how to approach and then there would be the actual coding and re testing and re planing and tweaking and then having to identify any new issues that the 'fixes' may have introduced and more meetings and coding and planning and testing and on and on and on...............

So yes a lot of work and no I think there is nano-slim to no chance of rolling back.
  • Arthur Hucksake
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They won't do anything now. Why waste the work hours on it. They'll be focusing on the DLC and balance issues. But as already stated, it's all good. Saved £40 not having to buy Premium. Just move on and play something else folks. Far less stressful.
  • FrassesFik
    23 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    PooTardo wrote: »
    Lololol

Seriously, you must be mentally ill. You go on and on about you being a victim of abuse in this thread but still you act the same way your self.

You hypocrite, why don't you just do as you promised and leave this thread.
    PooTardo wrote: »
    I'm discussing the topic, you are not. You should be banned. But I'll grant your wish I'm out of here. Enjoy your continued defamation of BF1.

I believe it when I see it. I hope for all of our sake that you never come back here.
  • PooTardo
    236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    locoxy wrote: »
    BEFLAR wrote: »
    hogujak wrote: »
    It not just "SOME OF YOU" complaining about downgrade issue. See how many people complained here already. They are not all blind... Picture quality change might not be easy to detect but you notice frame drop right away. 64 player mode is extremely laggy after patch. I upgraded my ps4 to pro just for this game. Please make my money worth cause I dont even play the game now.
    You just have to look at the old youtube videos prepatch showing how great BF1 looks on the ps4 pro etc. Then look at what a lot of us have now. It really is night and day, I hope they can replicate the downgrade look in the lab.

This video shows it the best. I want this.

OMG this was my BF1 before the patch, look at the framerate look at the colors, details, no crazy popin etc etc...this video explain so good on what was the game before 1.04.

Stigdu wrote: »
    allstyle85 wrote: »
    Thanks Tags. I don't have a problem personally with anyone honestly but were trying to contribute to this thread in a constructive way. Pootard likes to stir things up and start trouble. If he likes the game the way it is than great that's his prerogative but why post in this thread if he thinks nothing is wrong. This thread is supposed to illustrate what went wrong with the patch. Just leave this thread alone because many are frustrated enough. I'm not asking for much.

Pootardo is also contributing to the thread in a constructive way. I've certainly seen no examples of him 'stirring things up and starting trouble' unless you've had another pointless dig at him and he then chooses to reply. Pot, kettle?

Unfortunately for you, it seems like not everyone is in agreement with you that since the implementation of patch 1.04, things have taken a massive downturn. There are a lot of people on here, myself included, who don't subscribe to tinfoil hat theories of DICE being in bed with Microsoft, PS4 Pro being 'stealth downgraded' or any other such nonsense.

These cries of 'YOU'VE DESTROYED MY GAME' and 'I'm selling it and never playing it again!' are pure hyperbole, simple as that.

DICE have created a massive, multi-lingual online and single player game that probably took thousands and thousands of man hours to create, and I think they should be applauded for it. The game is NOT in a broken state. Sure, it looks a little worse since the patch, and there are some issues still (framerate drops, inability to shoot after revive, weird light/dark glitches on spawn) but I can't see the 'travesty' that a lot of you on here seem to think BF1 has become.

Its your opinion and i respect it, but nobody is crying here believe me, the game looks now completely another game compared to the stunning was before. If for you some lucky guy its not like this im so happy for you but please have respect of our opinion and the way we show it. Leave us in peace please, we know that maybe for some lucky its still like before and its the work of the devs understand why...my suggestion is: go enjoy the game! We are not a baby we dont cry! Its not placebo, its just something there in front of our eyes.
    Im in no way trying to defame the game like Tardo said before about us. I love BF and i love the series all, the thousands and thousands hours i played on all BF are in my stats to show the love ive for this series. Believe me its frustrating to come here everyday to find info, many of us have other things to do in life, just want enjoy the game like was the day i bought the PS4 Pro, and i bought it mainly and only for BF1 and how the game was before the 1.04. Tardo is just having a personal war with everybody here. Its his personal war not our. Peace. We understood his game is still good so why come here all day to just contradict us? Why quoting users saying its not true etc etc...? There is some missing point on it, we are not child and for man, old enough, with brain, like many on this thread, different can be the reasons. ;) Remember Its not a thread Good users vs Bad users.
    Mr.Tardo sometimes contributes on this thread in constructive way but 99% just quotes on users posts and direct comments like "mass hysteria" "cry baby" or something like that, if you read all the pages you can clearly see how systematically he just trying to instigate other users against him. Sorry but he doesn't need a lawyer and the moderators doing their job well ;)

"the game looks now completely another game compared to the stunning was before"

Seriously.. ?? Wtf is with these people.
  • LMR70
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    If some of you can post screen shots illustrating any issues. While I think the Pro version of BF1 looks beautiful there are perhaps some textures streaming issues.
    Note in my screen shot the arm on the left and the gun magazine look low res compared to the image on the right. The image on the left is the start of a match. Once the game get going hi res textures load in as seen on the right screen shot. I have field of view set to the default Otherwise Im VERY happy with the game. I posted images here before and they looked great.
    [img][Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/oNPH0J6.jpg)[/img]
  • Colonel_basic
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    LEEROY_UK wrote: »
    What about the flickering issues that are shown in the videos me and various other people have posted up DICE ?

Are you seeing this on your systems ?

This

What about the flickering issues that are shown in the videos me and various other people have posted up DICE ?

This

I'm seeing this now too, it's prob just a driver issue
  • sammy20v
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    absolute wrote: »
    Hi all,

We do have PS4 Pro in the office, a lot of them. We have run the game both pre and post patch and there is no difference to the textures between the builds. We are looking into why some of you see a difference.
    We are also investigating FPS drops on Forest as that has been reported a lot in this thread.

For the people that have mentioned popping props, what FOV setting do you have? Having an FOV higher than 55 will cause more popping.

Nils Hallberg

Hi Nils
    I agree about the textures I don't think there is a difference but the image overall is definitely softer causing textures to look blurry. I really think it must have something to do with the TAA you have added for ps4 and xbox one, ps4 pro just didn't need it. Also I think textures sometimes dont always fully stream in,take a look at these images on an empty server and I let everything stream in for 5 minutes,notice line through wall and different texture top and bottom and the blurry rock textures. I also posted these to David Sirland but no reply.CyH2hReWQAAG3xv.jpg
    CyH42KoXAAAJu77.jpg
    I have my FOV setting on 74 I have from day one and never noticed the popping as much as I do post 1.04 patch. here is a vid of 55 FOV vs 74. I agree trees in the distance don't pop as much on 55 setting but there is still definitely to much popping even on 55 FOV there's trees and rocks popping from about 5 feet away!
    PART 1

PART 2

Hope this helps in anyway possible really missing playing battlefield 1.please reply and let me know what you think of the above info.

thanks.

Thanks for the images! Looking into it.

Regarding FOV; if you set this to higher than 55 it will always result in more popping. That is always going to be the case and that have not changed in the patch.

We are still investigating the problems mentioned in this thread and I will keep you posted on the progress.

Nils

Thanks Nils, for at least getting back to us, My issue has never been with the graphics but simply the framerate, its as though a framepacing bug or something has crept in. the first few days on the pro were amazing, so much so that I was intending on moving my pc back out of my living room and into the office, but since patch 1.04 it is simply not the same smooth game anymore, is this a balancing issue with the old ps4 ? is it the temporal aa having more impact on the cpu than you imagined ?

I am very surprised you cannot reproduce this in the labs, especially as you have both patches to compare. Are you able to setup multiplayer games with patch 1.03 and compare with the current live version ?
  • FancySquirrel
    33 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE

This

This issue is not related to this thread. We are tracking it.

How often do you see this?
  • kriskrozbbk
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

This

I have seen it twice on Monte Grappa and few times on Fao(water was doing it).
  • lh82p
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nils, why you just don't turn back only the gfx-settings on ps4pro like it was on pre-patch? So everybody would be glad and happy. Or is this a problem because of all platforms?
  • signaly12
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It also happens on ballroom blitz sometimes as well
  • absolute
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    absolute wrote: »
    Hi all,

We do have PS4 Pro in the office, a lot of them. We have run the game both pre and post patch and there is no difference to the textures between the builds. We are looking into why some of you see a difference.
    We are also investigating FPS drops on Forest as that has been reported a lot in this thread.

For the people that have mentioned popping props, what FOV setting do you have? Having an FOV higher than 55 will cause more popping.

Nils Hallberg

Hi Nils
    I agree about the textures I don't think there is a difference but the image overall is definitely softer causing textures to look blurry. I really think it must have something to do with the TAA you have added for ps4 and xbox one, ps4 pro just didn't need it. Also I think textures sometimes dont always fully stream in,take a look at these images on an empty server and I let everything stream in for 5 minutes,notice line through wall and different texture top and bottom and the blurry rock textures. I also posted these to David Sirland but no reply.CyH2hReWQAAG3xv.jpg
    CyH42KoXAAAJu77.jpg
    I have my FOV setting on 74 I have from day one and never noticed the popping as much as I do post 1.04 patch. here is a vid of 55 FOV vs 74. I agree trees in the distance don't pop as much on 55 setting but there is still definitely to much popping even on 55 FOV there's trees and rocks popping from about 5 feet away!
    PART 1

PART 2

Hope this helps in anyway possible really missing playing battlefield 1.please reply and let me know what you think of the above info.

thanks.

Thanks for the images! Looking into it.

Regarding FOV; if you set this to higher than 55 it will always result in more popping. That is always going to be the case and that have not changed in the patch.

We are still investigating the problems mentioned in this thread and I will keep you posted on the progress.

Nils

Hi Nils

Thanks alot for the reply, happy to help a little hope you can get the issues fixed soon. Looking forward to hear your making progress.

Thanks.
  • LEEROY_UK
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

This

I see it every time I play Grappa , how come this is not related to this thread ? It's on PRO and only there after the 1.04 update .

The game just doesn't run as well on PRO since the the update , no where near as smoooth as it was , the stutters and pops just were not there before 1.04 , my FOV is the same as before the update and I did not see any pop ins like they are now , it's quite jarring and noticeable.

• allstyle85
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi Nils. I second this. "Nils, why you just don't turn back only the gfx-settings on ps4pro like it was on pre-patch? So everybody would be glad and happy. Or is this a problem because of all platforms?" The PRO was fantastic before this patch. It really didn't need any updates. Played awesome, graphics weren't blurry, colors were more vibrant, and everything was very sharp.
  • allstyle85
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Also, I'm going on a assumption. I'm probably wrong, but was the update a copy and paste from the vanilla PS4. It seems like the update that was applied to the PS4 carried over to the PRO when it really didn't need anything. Curious if Nils can answer this. Thanks Nils for responding to our concerns.
  • kriskrozbbk
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also, I'm going on a assumption. I'm probably wrong, but was the update a copy and paste from the vanilla PS4. It seems like the update that was applied to the PS4 carried over to the PRO when it really didn't need anything. Curious if Nils can answer this. Thanks Nils for responding to our concerns.

Good point.
  • MajadoBR
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Good point.

Definitely good point.

By the way, I don't believe they will release a fix/patch before the already known December update. Guess I'll move to FFXV and forget BF1 a little. I'm getting crazy looking for good news every day :/
  • allstyle85
    Thanks kriskrozbbk. I just find it really weird that the same patch update that was applied to the vanilla PS4 was also applied to the PRO. Since, the PS4 and the PS4 PRO are the same tag line maybe more time needs to be applied to the PRO in regards to patches/updates. Again, I'm just assuming because the PRO was great before the patch. I felt like i was playing a high end pc game on a console. Many can agree with me on that statement. If the developers can go back to the way it was before 1.04 that would make everyone's day. Thanx Nils for responding to us....Wish we had this responsiveness in the beginning.
This discussion has been closed.