Platoons for Clans!!

Comments

• BruceWillii
    707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    Jaskaman wrote: »
    So fall patch came, I have to ask why you could not add simple thing as clantags to the patch to show you care a bit about clans already? I do not even want to start to comment about this so called Rent a server program at this thread.... We understand, game sold well but it's not the reason to delay at giving us the features that were already in BF4.... Many of us who bought the game has still hope you give us a proper Rent a server and proper platoon control starting with clantags so do not let us down thank you. But at least the game itself is quite stable....

First of all, if this thread gets bumped, it will eventually be closed, so please don't do that.

The reason why "clan tags" are not out, is because we want to build a full feature to support it. In the past, you could just set whatever "clan tag" you'd like, regardless of whether or not you actually were in that Platoon. We want to change that and ensure that you actually are in the Platoon in order to use the specific tag.

we can't be in a platoon in bf1. there is no optoin to join or create one. or am i too blind to find it?
  • Cryphisss
    3110 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    The reason why "clan tags" are not out, is because we want to build a full feature to support it. In the past, you could just set whatever "clan tag" you'd like, regardless of whether or not you actually were in that Platoon. We want to change that and ensure that you actually are in the Platoon in order to use the specific tag.
    This is awesome! Hooah!
  • tldr_baz
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Unless you prevent duplicate clan tags, what's to stop someone creating their own platoon and using the same clan tag?
  • DANNYonPC
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We want to change that and ensure that you actually are in the Platoon in order to use the specific tag.

Nooooooo :(
  • rv112
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cryphisss wrote: »
    This is awesome! Hooah!

Why is forced to be in a platoon awesome?!
  • StarscreamUK
    7359 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    because it will stop fakes.

and why would you want to use platoon tags of a platoon you are not in?
  • rv112
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    I want to use Clan Tags or Community Tags. Why do we now need a Platoon? That's useless for us. A lor of people are using their country Tag. What if I want to use GER but I can't because I'm not in a GER platoon? In my opinion it's another step back. Same as removing Battlelog.
  • StarscreamUK
    7359 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    dont confuse dogtags (community ones) with these tags

clan tags would be the same, there would be a platoon for your clan..... and if that clan had the letters ILB then nobody else could have ILB unless they were in the same platoon
  • rv112
    edited November 2016
    I know what you mean. That's what I spoke about. If I want to use GER to show im from Germany, maybe I can't because someone other has a Platoon with GER and don't let me join. What I meant with community: I'm in a huge Community but we are no clan. We only want to recognize us on the servers with same Clan tags. Now we need to create a platoon first (and hope nobody else is doing the same)
  • BruceWillii
    707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How can you guarantee that our clan members are able to wear our clan tags. Will you use the exsisting platoons from battlelog, Starscream? Or is it first comes ( creates a new platoon) first serves ( gets the tags he chosed)?
  • rv112
    That will it be. If someone else uses your Clan tag and platoon, you won't be able to use it anymore (if I'm correct). How can we build and edit platoons? How can we check stats? I hope not that we need to start the game for that and can do it via Battlelog!
  • tldr_baz
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    because it will stop fakes.

and why would you want to use platoon tags of a platoon you are not in?

It will only stop fakes if you're not allowed to use the same tag as an already created platoon (providing they are the genuine platoon, and not one created to stop others using the tag), but that's totally unworkable so let's assume common sense prevails on that and it won't work that way, in which case there's nothing to stop someone creating their own platoon with the same tag

So, as always with these new features we're promised, there are some fundamental unanswered questions. The main one being, can multiple platoons use the same tag?
    Post edited by tldr_baz on
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    iano1978 wrote: »
    What about the servers? 30 people just to get it started and no command and control, no plugins, you can't kick/ban hackers and the list goes on, any clan worth their salt needs their own server!

I'm not going to get into an argument with you but I'm sure the server rental programme will be modified again with additional options added.

We have three active servers across two platforms and we will launch our BF1 server this week.

My advice to you is to just get on with it and focus all your negativity into something positive, nobody owes you anything.

Look at his name for God sake. You act as if you expect more.
  • Jaskaman
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    So fall patch came, I have to ask why you could not add simple thing as clantags to the patch to show you care a bit about clans already? I do not even want to start to comment about this so called Rent a server program at this thread.... We understand, game sold well but it's not the reason to delay at giving us the features that were already in BF4.... Many of us who bought the game has still hope you give us a proper Rent a server and proper platoon control starting with clantags so do not let us down thank you. But at least the game itself is quite stable....

First of all, if this thread gets bumped, it will eventually be closed, so please don't do that.

Thx for the answer. While I do understand your idea behind it and kinda like it too, but the next question is when are these platoons coming out? As I see Our clan's BF1 population is going lower all the time (and I'm sure in some other platoons as well) because there is no "Platoon" feeling in the game. (plus missing RSP features). So, can you give us any ETA for this change for the platoons? Hope the platoons will have possibility to have same "tags" even if platoons are different.
  • Girl-In-Pigtails
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The concept of you get nothing until we have fully developed the "better" thing is frustrating.

Having basic tags are very important to building a platoon. If you jump on a server and see and group of same tagged people who are playing together, you go look them up. If you see it a few times, you may even think of joining. The main reason people join platoons is to have people to play with. Seeing this visually on a regular basis gets people to look you up (website and server).

Because of potential abuse of people duplicating your tag, we get nothing at all... Seems fair to me... I mean it is not like you guys are working on the "better" solution in the mean time, right?

Girl-In-Pigtails
  • Giorgos78
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Actually it's not only about the clan and the platoon . You have to add clantag matchmaking at least at private ranked servers. There must be a practical use of the clantag ingame. So all friends with same clantag should go on the same team automatically in every game. It's not about balance . It's about friends playing together. PS4 has build in communitys.
    I took a step further and created a nationality matchmaking concept based on battlefield European PS4 community's . Have a read
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/34450/battlefield-nationality-matchmaking-ps4-community-recruitment-europe-only#latest
  • PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Our clan puts tge clantag on front of our names..
    The clanlist is on our website
  • TheBikingViking
    15 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE
    Sorry everyone, can't really answer everything yet. Partly because it's not really set in stone either - but we're working on it and we are listening. Doesn't mean we can please anyone, but we'll do what we can :)
  • iano1978
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

This wouldn't be an issue for me, however I think you would be limiting the potential for TAGS over the wider player base by restricting it to only platoon members.

I know for example some platoons use TAGS as a way for potential members to show that they are interested in joining the platoon, eg SIN platoon potential recruits use SINr when they play on the server.
    You also have players who simply dont need/want to be in a platoon but would like to have their own individual take on their name.

I remember in the Livestream events seeing S and N tags implemented so surely the feature is already available but not activated?

• TheBikingViking
    15 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE
    iano1978 wrote: »

This wouldn't be an issue for me, however I think you would be limiting the potential for TAGS over the wider player base by restricting it to only platoon members.

I know for example some platoons use TAGS as a way for potential members to show that they are interested in joining the platoon, eg SIN platoon potential recruits use SINr when they play on the server.
    You also have players who simply dont need/want to be in a platoon but would like to have their own individual take on their name.

I remember in the Livestream events seeing S and N tags implemented so surely the feature is already available but not activated?

But there's better ways for people to show that they're interested in joining a Platoon, don't you think?

It's also about clarifying what the "tag" actually is. Historically, it could mean a lot of different things, but that can also make it very arbitrary and confusing. The intention is now to make it very clear that the tag shows which Platoon you belong to.