Weekly Debrief

Africa Servers

Comments

• MAGNUSDUCTOR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    Here is what is starting to happen now that people finally know that they can play BF1 with a good ping!

People want to buy the game according to the activity on this group :D Yay more SA players!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/battlefieldsa/?ref=nf_target&fref=nf
  • -Q-DoePa
    89 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Thanks @Striterax - very good news today about official DICE servers for South Africa.

Hopefully "early 2017" is not late May...

Since you only mentioned official DICE servers, would we also be able to rent servers in South Africa at that point, or is that not part of the plan?

• SykSza
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thank you @Striterax and everyone that contributed to making this happen.

• renesweb74
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • Beastman_ZA
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Its a Christmas miracle! :)

https://postimg.org/image/gar24czl9/

• DrPainSA
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Awesome thanks so much for everyone who added their voice to this, and making it happen!
  • upsetraygun2
    I'm so happy right now :3 Along with the other 2500+ people that just got bloody noticed :D
  • SpectaJin
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2016
    This is the love you missed out on from the start EA and DICE!

The force in SA community is strong!
    -Q-DoePa wrote: »
    Thanks @Striterax - very good news today about official DICE servers for South Africa.

Hopefully "early 2017" is not late May...

Since you only mentioned official DICE servers, would we also be able to rent servers in South Africa at that point, or is that not part of the plan?

Early 2017 to me sounds like the first quarter, meaning not later than march. Confirmation that i3D are most likely hosting the servers for BF 1 so hopefully we will have servers right after new years I would guess, or hope is more the feeling:D.

Even though no official comment was provided from official members of EA and DICE in this discussion, I find shortsighted. I would like to thank those that worked to make this happen (even though it should have been there in the first place as pointed out by @Phr33Dumb).

With all this being said, thanks you to @Striterax for keeping us updated on other discussions and also everyone who worked on making this happen and those that supported our cause on this forum and social media ([Special shoutout:] JackFrags and Battle(non)sense)!

To the gamers in SA see you on the Battle field "soon" :smile:
  • WickedM0NK3Y
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well well well I guess I can stop the sh!tty Twitter post I was going to make :wink: its about time and now I have to go be humble and thankful on Twitter... sigh.
  • R4VEN_ZA
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks EA and DICE for hearing your fans down SA side! Let's hope it's the last time we get left in the dark when it come to BF!
  • TheRealWitblitz
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Do you reckon it will include some PS4 servers as well? Or PC only?
  • Phr33Dumb
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Do you reckon it will include some PS4 servers as well? Or PC only?

No conformation on that yet, but I'm sure the Master Race will back us peasants if we don't get servers as well.

EDIT: I stand corrected, @striterax did actually confirm on twitter that it applies to all platforms. Tonight i'll sleep sound.....
  • ElStryfe
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I feel bad for you guys having to wait so long to get a decent server to play on. :-/
  • SpectaJin
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ElStryfe wrote: »
    I feel bad for you guys having to wait so long to get a decent server to play on. :-/

I feel good..GREAT that we are getting servers. It is not really EA and DICE fault that infrastructure is not the best in certain regions and also that other stakeholders needs to be thrown in to the equation.

The glass can be either half full or half empty, I will be drinking my glass full of beer:D in celebration!
  • Mierleeu
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks @Striterax, we really appreciate it!
  • Acheul
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Much appreciated......EA...
  • upsetraygun2
    Sawtooth75 wrote: »
    We're relieved that the cat is finally out of the bag and you guys got what you deserve.
    You probably didn't notice, but we cut you a lot of slack in this thread because we know how important this was for you.

But we would really appreciate it if comments conform to forum rules from here on.

Thanks for understanding.

hahaha :smiley: That's South Africans right there, we did it guys, we got the fat cat's attention, and we are getting servers. Now if we can only do the same to get rid of our president Jacob Zuma. Thanks so much for listening and putting up with us moderators. Whoooo hooooo!!!!!

REVOLUTION MK2 COMMENCE!
  • wallyzzz
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks @Striterax. Hope the servers don't take too long to set up !