Am i the only one who thinks Battlefield 1 might be a bit stale?

Player_qi5o86c7
12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
When i first popped in BF1 on release day i lost my marbles. One of the best battlefield experiences i had to date. I love riding around as cavalry and shooting planes out of the sky with a tank. I absolutely enjoy the genius game mode known as Operations and I enjoy playing as the elite classes. However, after all is said and done and i reached lvl 52 i stopped and asked myself. Why dont i have the same feelings of joy and triumph when i play BF1 as i did during the first couple weeks of release? Then i came to the conclusion that i believe the game just became stale pretty quick. I couldnt unlock or rank up my classes much after i started unlocking the lvl 10 class weapons. Plus i bought almost all vanilla weapons and their variants, let alone all the vehicle loadouts too. All of this i accomplished by lvl 44ish. I just feel that there isnt much variety in weapons and vehicles, and that almost all players stick to the best guns that everyone wants to use. (Such as the assaults M10a Hunter Shotgun) I cant wait for the first DLC for BF1 to drop, but until then im not sure if i will be playing the game much. I dont want BF1 to be a hype train game where most people have fun in the first few months of the games life-cycle and then move on because they are bored. I hope something changes before i stop playing BF1 indefinitely.

Comments

• Truffleshuffle03
    2267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I get that feeling as well. For me it got stale pretty quick specially running into the the same as bf4 with people not playing objectives. People using certain weapons don't bother me it is more of people playing objective modes and just running around playing tdm every game mode
  • Player_qi5o86c7
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    M0istGamer wrote: »
    Well Jim. I've got some bad news.

This is how life goes. Ya do something, Ya get tired of it, and Ya move on.

Yes yes, you will find your true love but it's likely not gonna be the gal you find in highschool, nor will it be bf1.

Just move on and play something else, it's all good. Don't feel the need to "find a reason to play " . That's some sort of reverse addictive behavior.

Lucky for me I'm a simpleton and the graphics alone + the ability to shove a bayonet into people's necks are enough to entertain me for months to come...probably.

I fell in love wit a gal, starcraft, in 1999. We've been in love ever since. MaNY games have come and gone but she's always there for me.

I hope you find this bliss someday forum friend.

-moist

Damn........you are right. Im gonna enjoy playing some Rocket League again. Thank you kind sir for sharing your words of wisdom :)
  • xzhpete
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I'm surprised by how quickly I got bored of BF1. I don't feel the need to improve, there's nothing left that I want to accomplish or unlock and in my opinion the gameplay just isn't that fun. I sank many hours into Hardline not only because there were more interesting assignments and more unlocks, but mostly because it was inherently really fun to play.

I've now gone back to mainly playing Overwatch and I don't feel in the slightest bit compelled to come back to BF1.
  • vVMr-GoodCatVv
    921 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The lack of a good progression system and all that would hold are a serious issue longevity
  • SCOTTISH21
    621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Better custom/rented server options will help me play it longer. More good maps.
  • NZepica
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Somewhat yeah. I've been having more fun with Titanfall 2 if I'm honest. I just can't really figure out why, cos I really want to love BF1, but something just doesn't feel quite right.
  • kaliyl777
    1958 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    not stale for me.
  • Chuc0743
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The weapons are what's making the game abit stale for me. I thought I was buying a WWI game not a reskin of bc2.

One class locked to BA rifles, the most used in the war but we are stuck with a heap of guns that didn't see service or if they did it was only a month or 2 before the war ended.

So people like me who wanted a real WWI game have to play scout then all the hate comes out coz theres to many snipers when in reality there's is only a couple of players using a scope.

Infantry rifles need to be in all classes. I think it balances it's self out but to people who don't think that, it's a WWI game and they should of balanced the game around every class using BA infantry rifles.
  • Jlinz20
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Quite honestly I like games more with alot of customization, whether it's visual or gameplay, I like to tinker with things and keep my experience fresh.

I feel i can't really do that in BF1, weapon count is low, and each class just seems to have different variants of the same weapon. Vehicle customization is pretty much non existent, you get "packages" which are pretty much pre defined loadouts.

This is obviously just me though, I like to try different combinations of loadouts, both vehicle and infantry and change it up frequently to keep the game fresh, I feel the potential for that is much lower in BF1. Im also not a fan of the WW1 era but I can't knock them for doing something different, I just don't think this game will keep my attention like previous BF games.
  • -II-MaladiA-II-
    437 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    the pregression system and reward system is just boring ... a feel like BF1 is sick because of that!
  • MAILBOMB
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    He'll stale it's bloody moldy.
  • Player_qi5o86c7
    kaliyl777 wrote: »
    not stale for me.

Care to explain why friendo? :)
  • Player_qi5o86c7
    MAILBOMB wrote: »
    He'll stale it's bloody moldy.

Hoo-ah to that :)
  • worrbro
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    It just lacks content at this point...which hopefully the dlc's and stuff will be refreshing. If DICE and EA have any sense in running a business, the game "should" get better as time goes on.
  • marzmadness
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Level 83 over 20k total kills 2,300,000 assault points and still love the game
  • marzmadness
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    250 hours
  • EcoFatalis
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Level 83 over 20k total kills 2,300,000 assault points and still love the game

He meant normal people .....
  • Temp1st
    2464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm 71 and i am still enjoying the game a lot, I will be playing it for some time still.
  • BamBam011
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yep....already going back to Battlefield 4 more than I play BF1.

That's what happens when they sell a beta to consumers before it's ready for release.