DirectX Function Error (Nvidia) - Are you actually serious EA? ( 28.03.17 - 21:34 CEST )

Comments

• Battleheim
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Seems to be related to the large conquest maps. I tried some of the fixes from the first page and could play a whole day without a crash on the rush/domination maps. However after one hour on conquest large it crashed again. This needs to be fixed asap.

Fixes which I tried:
    - using DDU to deinstall Nvidia drivers, installing latest drivers
    - changing physix in Nvidia settings to CPU only
    - changed energy settings to high performance and PCI-E energy saving to off
    - reinstalled latest Realtek HD audio drivers from my mainboards manufacturer homepage

• StarscreamUK
    7079 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    For next game or future patch just add a telemetry gathering tool when the game crashes or at least a ticket form.

It's already there

469e98b8cc2d6d56b77d9806ad0d1fbe.png

Share system interaction data
  • LOPa99
    114 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    iCo77 wrote: »
    this
    http://powerglovestudio.com/battlefield-1-game-crash/
    seems to be working for me.

Basically add a new Admin account to your existing Win 10 OS and play the game from that account. So far I didn't get any Dx function Errors.
    Don't really see how that could be the fault, but as long as it works, I don't care :wink:

Win 10 x64
    i7 @ 3.5GHz
    GTX 680 4GB
    Dx 11, playing on AUTO settings
    Nvidia driver 375.63

Hi,

I HAVE to say that THIS IS WORKING for me...... Ive been able to run and complete all Operation maps WITHOUT ANY ERROR.......!!!!!!!!

Never happend this before to me.... Monte Grappa crashes within 1 minute.... and creating a new ADMIN ACOUNT helps a lot!!!!!

Lets see what happend in the next few ours.......

THANKS iCo77!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I__HJP__I
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    thats most likely a seperate issue, but out of curiosity, what sound card?

Really? Even though it's happening in the same maps? What does everyone else get in the event log?

My sound card is an onboard Realtek, and I have the latest driver from the Asus website.
    Oh and my specs are i5 3570K, GTX680 4GB, 8GB RAM, Asus Z77 Sabtertooth.
  • StarscreamUK
    7079 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I was afraid you'd say realtek. It's been doing it for years. (I bought a recon 3d pcie as my realtek used to freeze in different games, usually accompanied by the duhdudhdudhduhdh sound of it repeating the last sample)

if possible, try disabling the sound in device manager and play.... i'd be pretty certain it would play without a single freeze.

things you can try: realtek drivers direct from them, may not be as new as from asus... but its been known to work in the past
    a different soundcard (last resort)
  • crashburn162
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    For next game or future patch just add a telemetry gathering tool when the game crashes or at least a ticket form.

It's already there

No it's not this is only for when origin crashes it doesn't send nothing when the game does. I had origin crashed before and it asks you if you want to send the report but for origin. For the game there is nothing.
  • StarscreamUK
    edited December 2016
    Share system interaction data - If a game is crashing, this gives us behind the scenes info to help fix it.
    Origin crash reporting is for origin crashing itself and its the only option that allows you to select if it sends automatically or asks
  • I__HJP__I
    I was afraid you'd say realtek. It's been doing it for years. (I bought a recon 3d pcie as my realtek used to freeze in different games, usually accompanied by the duhdudhdudhduhdh sound of it repeating the last sample)

if possible, try disabling the sound in device manager and play.... i'd be pretty certain it would play without a single freeze.

things you can try: realtek drivers direct from them, may not be as new as from asus... but its been known to work in the past

Oh.. I've had that repeating sound crash/freeze before in a few games including GTA V and Overwatch, but it was solved after updating the GPU drivers. The sound doesn't repeat in BF1 but I'll go ahead and try what you said later today and post back the results.
  • crashburn162
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I wrote the "info" but if this is true and dice are receiving all the crashes and still haven't found a solution, than the situation is even worst :(
  • bf234
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There appears to be a multitude of bugs causing the crashes, the variation in error messages from the crashing driver and multitude of solutions points to this.

So:
    For some, installing an old driver works, for some not
    For some, turning sound notification from Origin off helps, for some not
    For some, turning down the resolution and details helps, for some not
    Etc Etc

For me, using the latest Nvidia driver and turning off Origin notifications make the game more stable, though I still see some crashes

Repeating a specific solution over and over that solves the problem on your specific computer does not really help

The only common issue seems to be BF1s extremely poor way of handling a crashing/hanging gfx driver, i.e. popping up a dialog and just hanging. This Dice MUST fix soon. Then there are the multitude of DX related issues that must be fixed by Dice and possibly Nvidia/AMD.

What I am rather shocked about is the lack of communication from Dice regarding an issue that has been going on for weeks and months now, which basically renders the game unplayable for lots of people (me included).

PS. Just got an email from EA regarding selling me a premium pass. The audacity must be admired LOL

• NEGAHN
    213 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    For me the "fix" is use Dx12, with sacrifice of image quality and fps. But some people are saying that create a new admin account solves the problem. Anyone else?
  • BlindChance
    481 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016

It's already there

It DOES NOT work. I have this on "Ask before sending". Origin never asked me even once. I have multiple crashes (GPU removed, hung blah) during any Battlefield 1 sessionm, as many other users of THREE different NVIDIA GPU generations and reportedly some AMD users. We can all thank DICE for inability to fix the Frostbite engine problem which seems to be with us since at least BF3. Welcome to EA/DICE code quality control.
  • BlindChance
    481 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I don't use my onboard Realtek card. I still crash.
  • StarscreamUK
    edited December 2016
    no you don't. you have the ask before sending for origin crash reporting, there is no option to ask before sending for share system interaction data, its either on or it isnt.
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • drunkmonk74
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2016
    Well I have had one or two instances of the game crashing with the DX error, but that's not been my major problem. I've had other issues like stuttering and FPS drops and overall poor performance. Just tried one last thing before I boiled my head and seems to have made a difference. Definite difference in how the game feels with regards to running smoother, and also, (weirdly), hit detection seems alot better. Below are the steps I followed :
    1. First goto Realtek's site and download the latest Realtek drivers (put a tick in the box that says "I ACCEPT THE ABOVE" and then click Next). This should take you to the download page and download the 64bit driver - Version R2.80, uploaded 2016/12/2
    2. Once downloaded, close all programmes and run the install with adminitrator priveleges. If you have Realtek drivers installed already, it will uninstall and then reboot. Once you've logged in again the install will then automatically continue and install the new drivers and reboot again.
    3. (NB - For me the uninstall worked fine and it rebooted, but once I logged back in the installation hung. Had to reboot and run the install file again for it to complete the installation of the new Realtek drivers. Not sure if this is cause I have a few things set to launch at startup, Origin, Steam, Dxtory, NZXT Cam, etc. But just be aware you might have to do the same).
    4. Launch Origin and repair BF1
    5. Goto the location of your BF1 install (for me that is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1) and then goto the folder "__Installer\vc". In VC you'll see two additional folders, "vc2012Update3" and "vc2013". In each of these there will be a folder called "redist". Go into each redist folder in turn and run the executable. Select REPAIR. After you've done the repair in the vc2013 folder you'll need to restart your PC.

That's what I had to do and it seems to have made a significant difference and the audio actually sounds better. Haven't tested extensively but seems to have made the whole game run alot smoother for me. I have tested on 64 player Conquest maps and feels alot smoother. I'm running the game in ULTRA preset and DX12.
      Hope this helps someone else.
      EDIT - The rest of my specs are in my signature. All other drivers for my are upto date, BIOS, latest nVidia driver (376.09), Logitech Gaming Software, chipset, etc.
  • Fetti_Kartoffel3
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well I have had one or two instances of the game crashing with the DX error, but that's not been my major problem. I've had other issues like stuttering and FPS drops and overall poor performance. Just tried one last thing before I boiled my head and seems to have made a difference. Definite difference in how the game feels with regards to running smoother, and also, (weirdly), hit detection seems alot better. Below are the steps I followed :
    1. First goto Realtek's site and download the latest Realtek drivers (put a tick in the box that says "I ACCEPT THE ABOVE" and then click Next). This should take you to the download page and download the 64bit driver - Version R2.80, uploaded 2016/12/2
    2. Once downloaded, close all programmes and run the install with adminitrator priveleges. If you have Realtek drivers installed already, it will uninstall and then reboot. Once you've logged in again the install will then automatically continue and install the new drivers and reboot again.
    3. (NB - For me the uninstall worked fine and it rebooted, but once I logged back in the installation hung. Had to reboot and run the install file again for it to complete the installation of the new Realtek drivers. Not sure if this is cause I have a few things set to launch at startup, Origin, Steam, Dxtory, NZXT Cam, etc. But just be aware you might have to do the same).
    4. Launch Origin and repair BF1
    5. Goto the location of your BF1 install (for me that is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1) and then goto the folder "__Installer\vc". In VC you'll see two additional folders, "vc2012Update3" and "vc2013". In each of these there will be a folder called "redist". Go into each redist folder in turn and run the executable. Select REPAIR. After you've done the repair in the vc2013 folder you'll need to restart your PC.

That's what I had to do and it seems to have made a significant difference and the audio actually sounds better. Haven't tested extensively but seems to have made the whole game run alot smoother for me. I have tested on 64 player Conquest maps and feels alot smoother. I'm running the game in ULTRA preset and DX12.

Hope this helps someone else.

That is just the 100th Post about Realtek and VC-Redist. That did not help.
  • oBej
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What is sad about this, is lack of response from Dice..Its not like few ppl suffering from thig bug. Looks like its hundreds, maybe thousands of ppl..
  • Dunamis1382
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2016
    oBej wrote: »
    What is sad about this, is lack of response from Dice..Its not like few ppl suffering from thig bug. Looks like its hundreds, maybe thousands of ppl..

Yes, you are correct, that's the saddest part of all. They give a big F*ck to what's going on. What a shame...
  • Towely_ban
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i've tried everything here... nothing works.

Just thought i'd post as I have been occasionally updating on results from tweaking.

congrats to DICE/EA on taking our money. touche, we all knew not to trust you many games ago but we are optimist gamers. Someone forgive us for our hopeful wish to game in peace.

Patiently awaiting the update that fixes this when none of us play anymore.

but hey, no mans sky is attempting to fix their game, maybe ill go get burned by sony/HG even though I know better than to touch that bonfire
  • Johnny_FK
    Does somebody know when the next planed patch will be out?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!