Battlefield 1 on PS4 Pro - Patch 1.04 and all related issues

Comments

• ShockcreteAU
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just played then and Argonne forest and Amiens fog were smooth again, less blurry. Also sharper visuals. It seems like before patch 1.04 for me on PS4 Pro.
    Textures also load faster and the issue of the pixated fire is reduced. Anyone else experianced the same? Best thing is to search for a 64 player Argonne forest match.
    I did alot of messing around with my UHD tv for a blu ray player.. Deleted firmware of tv, switched uhd off, resolution change on ps4.. so i have chabged alot of things recently. Message if you see a performance change or not.
  • smokethadro
    356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just played then and Argonne forest and Amiens fog were smooth again, less blurry. Also sharper visuals. It seems like before patch 1.04 for me on PS4 Pro.
    Textures also load faster and the issue of the pixated fire is reduced. Anyone else experianced the same? Best thing is to search for a 64 player Argonne forest match.
    I did alot of messing around with my UHD tv for a blu ray player.. Deleted firmware of tv, switched uhd off, resolution change on ps4.. so i have chabged alot of things recently. Message if you see a performance change or not.

I've been thinking the same thing, it seems visuals have improved recently. I notice it most on amiens and st quentin scar. Once time tho, weather rolled in and the image quality seemed worse. Unlike you, i have not changed anything other then increasing sharpness on tv from 0 to around 20. They did perform maintenance recently. I am one of the many that has played many many hours and noticed a difference immediately after 1.04.
  • absolute
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I've been thinking the same thing, it seems visuals have improved recently. I notice it most on amiens and st quentin scar. Once time tho, weather rolled in and the image quality seemed worse. Unlike you, i have not changed anything other then increasing sharpness on tv from 0 to around 20. They did perform maintenance recently. I am one of the many that has played many many hours and noticed a difference immediately after 1.04.

Don't think there's any difference, dont you think they would have said something if they was going to improve what everyone is complaining about. Can they even improve the image and performance issues with just server maintenance?
  • kriskrozbbk
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    absolute wrote: »

Don't think there's any difference, dont you think they would have said something if they was going to improve what everyone is complaining about. Can they even improve the image and performance issues with just server maintenance?

I doubt, which lead to me believe it is not the case.
  • o0Junglistick0o
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    absolute wrote: »

Unless the framerate issues are also related to netcode and lag maybe?
  • CurleeToes
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hi all,

We found an issue that explains a lot of the issues mentioned in this thread, e.g. FPS drops and blurry textures. The issue relates to the dynamic resolution where the minimum was too high.

We have a fix for this for all platforms (except PC that does not use dynamic resolution) and it will be included in the next patch.

Nils

Yay thank you! :)
  • richiemk1
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi all,

We found an issue that explains a lot of the issues mentioned in this thread, e.g. FPS drops and blurry textures. The issue relates to the dynamic resolution where the minimum was too high.

We have a fix for this for all platforms (except PC that does not use dynamic resolution) and it will be included in the next patch.

Nils

Well if this is true I'll be absolutely made up!
  • TaktikzPS4
    324 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi all,

Nils

Praise the lord ! See, atleast they have confirmed that we are not going mad ! Lol.
  • Unklemac
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi all,

Nils

Best news!

Nils, will this also eleminate the horrid stuttering on certain maps?

Cheers
  • kjetiltonnessen
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    So that means that the resolution will be downgraded. What a joke. Did patch 1.02 run with a lower resolution on ps4 pro?
  • Serbusfish
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi all,

Nils

Awesome news, any ideas when this patch will drop?
  • TaktikzPS4
    324 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Serbusfish wrote: »
    Hi all,

Nils

Awesome news, any ideas when this patch will drop?

Should be when the free map is released? Just speculating...
  • sorrow75
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    but the ps4 pro it still uses dynamic resolution to 1080p?
  • fishballspicy
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Serious networking problem in BF1, Server not stable at all. Totally unplayable.
  • chriseYe
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    I will believe it is FIXED when i SEE IT.

And @FancySquirrel surely you mean the minimum resolution was too LOW?

What about the dull colours etc on Argonne.

I await this patch with an open mind, but don't expect it to be as it was pre-patch tbh.

• StarscreamUK
    7572 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    if they use a value for delay between calculations etc, and that value was set too high then the system would reduce resolution/quality to try and lower the settings to get the value count lower to be acceptable?

just a guess mind
  • kriskrozbbk
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hi all,

Nils

I don't get this. How do we get blurrier picture after the patch when the dymanic res was set too HIGH? I guess this might impact the framerate but how come this will lead to blurrier picture?Also I thought the Pro was set to 1080p ,not to dynamic. Now I am afraid not to make it worse than now. Jeezus
  • chriseYe
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    allstyle85 wrote: »
    To Everyone, Moderators, and Dice,

To everyone who has posted pics, videos, etc. I wanted to say good job in being persistent. Without us putting pressure on Dice to find out what's wrong, I don't think this would've been fixed without us as the fans. I wanted to say thanks to Dice, because they have continually showed support in finding what the issue was. Granted, they haven't posted as much as I would've wanted but they still did and that shows what kind of developer Dice is. Also, thank you to the moderators for not closing this thread. Kudos to you, especially with all the mudslinging by a chosen few. Not saying names....To me this is great news, and it goes to show you that without persistence and help from the fans this is excellent news. Cheers to everyone in this thread....

Good Job Guys......

They HAVEN'T fixed anything yet...

I will reserve judgement UNTIL it is fixed , and i highly doubt it will be back to its visual glory / performance pre-patch 1.04... but we will see.

And I'm sorry but i don't agree that DICE have been helpful/forth coming in any respect AT ALL...

Quite the opposite in fact.
This discussion has been closed.