Battlefield 1 on PS4 Pro - Patch 1.04 and all related issues

Comments

• smokethadro
    356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    absolute wrote: »
    I just played then and Argonne forest and Amiens fog were smooth again, less blurry. Also sharper visuals. It seems like before patch 1.04 for me on PS4 Pro.
    Textures also load faster and the issue of the pixated fire is reduced. Anyone else experianced the same? Best thing is to search for a 64 player Argonne forest match.
    I did alot of messing around with my UHD tv for a blu ray player.. Deleted firmware of tv, switched uhd off, resolution change on ps4.. so i have chabged alot of things recently. Message if you see a performance change or not.

I've been thinking the same thing, it seems visuals have improved recently. I notice it most on amiens and st quentin scar. Once time tho, weather rolled in and the image quality seemed worse. Unlike you, i have not changed anything other then increasing sharpness on tv from 0 to around 20. They did perform maintenance recently. I am one of the many that has played many many hours and noticed a difference immediately after 1.04.

Don't think there's any difference, dont you think they would have said something if they was going to improve what everyone is complaining about. Can they even improve the image and performance issues with just server maintenance?

Ya I'm not sure what can and can't be done, was just curious what others thought. From what nils said, it makes sense now why sometimes it looks better than other times. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me. I was basing my post off the obvious blurriness i noticed immediately after 1.04, compared to games where i didn't noticed the blur.
  • PooTardo
    236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    *removed*
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • shimme01
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Here is what Nils means buy the min res set too high. We had a bug that was creating an absurdly low resolution (160×90 to be specific) of frame(s) at stressful points in a match. You would notice a blip in your game graphics, when this happens.
    When DICE fixed this issue by hard coding a minimum res (which i believe was not specified by them), it produced the somewhat expected frame issue, but not really the blur issue. But it did.
    I am going to guess that DICE is and will be fixing issues beyond lowering this minimum res to make the game keep steady frames and not be blurry. I mean this is general, as DICE is known to reintroduce bugs by mistake. Cheers!
  • DWreck1995
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi all,

We found an issue that explains a lot of the issues mentioned in this thread, e.g. FPS drops and blurry textures. The issue relates to the dynamic resolution where the minimum was too high.

We have a fix for this for all platforms (except PC that does not use dynamic resolution) and it will be included in the next patch.

Nils

I assume he means graphic settings (Including anti-aliasing among others) were being downgraded on the fly to meet this higher than expected minimum resolution. Which resulted in some of the issues posted on this thread.
  • allstyle85
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Moderators,

I've asked time and time again to remove Pootardo from this thread. Again, the slamming/trolling others in this thread continues. Please remove Pootardo from this thread.

Thanks
  • allstyle85
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    chriseYe,

I understand your frustration. I'm in the same mindset as you, but as a Dice fan I'm willing to see what they do. Also, I agree that the communication has been non-existent but they at least did respond....If things don't change, than the thread will continue. Try to keep a open mind.....I will at least try....
  • StarscreamUK
    7572 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I already made my point in this thread. It also applies to you, your intention may be good, but you are in effect harassing him by constantly posting demanding he be removed. It's not down to you, when a post is reported it gets looked at.

@PooTardo - you chose to ignore my earlier public warning, that was your choice, name calling is very immature, use the time away to think before posting.
  • urgirlsmellz
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    PooTardo wrote: »
    *removed*
    yep it looks like the overall resolution and textures will be downgraded now which would a complete bummer. I'd much rather have the game play the way it is now with higher resolution and the occasional frame drops than a complete downgrade in resolution to keep the consistent frames.

I hope I'm wrong and they can make it to how it was pre patch.
  • smokethadro
    356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    *removed*
    yep it looks like the overall resolution and textures will be downgraded now which would a complete bummer. I'd much rather have the game play the way it is now with higher resolution and the occasional frame drops than a complete downgrade in resolution to keep the consistent frames.

I don't think that's at all what he said. How do you translate what he said into them downgrading graphics?
  • allstyle85
    edited December 2016
    StarscreamUK,

Thanks for reading my thread. I agree with you...Also, I wasn't trying to bully anyone...This thread has so many pages, and the trolling can get lost in the pages. I know you do a good job...Really do appreciate your feedback. I will be mindful of what you said.

Thanks Again....
    Post edited by allstyle85 on
  • urgirlsmellz
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member

*removed*

I don't think that's at all what he said. How do you translate what he said into them downgrading graphics?

How do you not? He said The problem is because the minimum dynamic resolution was set too high, which means that will lowered. Seems pretty obvious to me
  • smokethadro
    edited December 2016
    *removed*

How do you not? He said The problem is because the minimum dynamic resolution was set too high, which means that will lowered. Seems pretty obvious to me

That just means the minimum resolution is lowered. That doesn't mean the maximum resolution is lowered. It sounds like a bug not a graphics upgrade or downgrade. Also, he doesn't mention anything about textures being reduced, only minimum dynamic resolution being reduced.
  • karanb_94
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Did they ever fix the minimum resolution bug? Maybe the fix is causing these issues?
  • SgtDeath80000
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    perhaps!
  • urgirlsmellz
    *removed*

That just means the minimum resolution is lowered. That doesn't mean the maximum resolution is lowered. It sounds like a bug not a graphics upgrade or downgrade. Also, he doesn't mention anything about textures being reduced, only minimum dynamic resolution being reduced.

I hope that minimum resolution was raised after the 1.04 patch and they are just going to set it back to what it was.. If it wasn't raised than what's causing the issue is the added weather effects and now they are going to lower min the dynamic resolution to account for the weather. Which means it will be lowered less than it was before 1.04 update .

I really don't think the game is going to look as good as it was pre patch. It might run as smooth but if there's no change to the added weather effects resolution will be sacrificed for performance
  • StarscreamUK
    7572 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    thank you for the clarification squirrel, slightly different to what I thought, but makes sense.
  • urgirlsmellz
    *removed*

If minimum resolution is lowered it means we will be getting a lower resolution at times than we currently have now. So instead of noticeable frame drops during high stress moments we will get noticeable lower res drops instead.
  • StarscreamUK
    did you not read his latest post?
  • smokethadro
    *removed*

I hope that minimum resolution was raised after the 1.04 patch and they are just going to set it back to what it was.. If it wasn't raised than what's causing the issue is the added weather effects and now they are going to lower min the dynamic resolution to account for the weather. Which means it will be lowered less than it was before 1.04 update .

I really don't think the game is going to look as good as it was pre patch. It might run as smooth but if there's no change to the added weather effects resolution will be sacrificed for performance

You must've been writing while nils was :) I have faith
    *removed*

If minimum resolution is lowered it means we will be getting a lower resolution at times than we currently have now. So instead of noticeable frame drops during high stress moments we will get noticeable lower res drops instead.

I understand what you're saying, i don't think that will be the case on pro however. It averaged mid 50 fps on pro before 1.04, so we won't see the dynamic resolution as much as xbox1 and og ps4 will. I think the dynamic resolution was meant more to fix xbox and og ps4 problems, not the pro. At least we have a possible fix coming soon!
This discussion has been closed.